EA lost money b/c of the Thrawn gear requirements

Prev1
Jonais
68 posts Member
I was all ready to drop the $100 on the phoenix pack to top them off to 7*, but then we get the reports that it's requiring g10 and max level phoenix to achieve. Unfortunately for you, EA, you've put the requirements outside of what's reasonable to try and achieve. Unless players have been secretly squirreling away gear for their phoenix squad in the hopes they're useful one day that gear level is just not attainable. The difference in difficultly between previous legendary events and the one that gives a strong Empire character once again shows the bias toward rebels. And because I can't 7* him I can't use him in heroics, which means I'm not in a hurry to gear him, so there goes that additional revenue as well. I likely won't be putting very much money into the game anymore because of the lack of balance in the force...

Replies

• Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Options
    I was ready to drop. But seen thrawns gear requirements and basicly gave up
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ^^this! I'm gearing GK and by the time I'm done with him I'll be onto R2. I'm waiting until Jedi Luke gets released
  • Options
    I don't really care about the gear requirements of a great character. It makes sense. Gearing up Phoenix is what is ticking me off. It's just part of it though. I'll just look at it as part of Thrawns gear
  • Options
    Mk3 carbanti squeeze is ridiculous. Unclear why so many non-tanks require hundreds of them.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Byakuya wrote: »
    I was ready to drop. But seen thrawns gear requirements and basicly gave up

I dunno, Thrawn doesn't have any more gear requirements than a GK or lots of other toons. Any toon will need gear. The OP is more about having to gear Phoenix just to get Thrawn than gearing Thrawn himself.

Edit: Maybe that's what you meant too, lol.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    IMHO they are losing it for more reasons than that. RSG put out an amazing video yesterday that sums up what a lot of us are feeling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NUecAIrL9Y
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Agreed. Though with very great mods, I've seen it done with Ezra and Hera at gear 10 (or was it Kanan?) and the rest at gear 8.

Yoda was extremely difficult to beat at first, as well. They examined the data and realized that they had made him harder than intended and lowered the requirements in gear. Here's hoping they can do the same again.

But it is disheartening @CG_Kozispoon , that we were given the ability to get Phoenix to 7* by dropping $100 or more, but no ability to get them to a high enough gear for the challenge. That is for shame. Flash event doesn't come close to providing the required gear.
  • Jonais
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, I was referring to the phoenix gear, not Thrawn's gear. I didn't mean to make that confusing. There just isn't enough time or enough potential gear to show up in shipments to reasonably be able to get them to the gear needed.
  • Options
    Galaxy of Exploitation
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    if it was any easier you wouldn't have to pay at all, so i'm not sure how they're losing money over this.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    IMHO they are losing it for more reasons than that. RSG put out an amazing video yesterday that sums up what a lot of us are feeling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NUecAIrL9Y

That's 2 hours of video. Nobody is watching that.
  • Jonais
    68 posts Member
    Options
    If they made the gear requirements more inline with what previous legendaries have required then I, personally, would have dropped $100 to top them off at 7* since I won't be able to farm them up to 7* before the end of the event. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    if it was any easier you wouldn't have to pay at all, so i'm not sure how they're losing money over this.

Because if it was easier, people might drop the $100 to get the pack to top off their Phoenix to 7* to get him. EA made a big show about making it possible to get Phoenix up to 7* in time, and it takes focused farming and at least $100 to do, but it's doable. Then they made it impossible to gear them in time. Those that are getting Thrawn are those that already had Phoenix well geared ahead of time.

If it only took gear 8 or 9 to get him, I bet more people would pay $100 for the shards. As it stands, impossibility to gear Phoenix in time means no reason to spend money to star them.
  • Jonais
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Yup... and now we have 6+ months to farm the last 50 shards of each to do it... and plenty of time to get the rest of the gear we need, so no reason to spend extra money getting that last bit of gear we need to get them decked out enough either since we have plenty of time to farm that now too.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

I managed close to 10mins and they were still introducing themselves. Not worth it.
  • Options
    Jonais wrote: »
    Yup... and now we have 6+ months to farm the last 50 shards of each to do it... and plenty of time to get the rest of the gear we need, so no reason to spend extra money getting that last bit of gear we need to get them decked out enough either since we have plenty of time to farm that now too.

+1
  • Options
    thrawn needs reasonable stun guns and zero cuffs. I like him :) ok he does need carbantis, but who doesnt and Ive seen toon needing more than him
  • Options

I managed close to 10mins and they were still introducing themselves. Not worth it.

Lol, that's a lesson on how not to make a video!
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    IMHO they are losing it for more reasons than that. RSG put out an amazing video yesterday that sums up what a lot of us are feeling.

Too bad, its really good.
  • Options
    +1000 Nothing about this event is fun to me. Especially seeing that the AI for Thrawn may be quite poor on defense. Might be time for me to finally move on! ;)
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    IMHO they are losing it for more reasons than that. RSG put out an amazing video yesterday that sums up what a lot of us are feeling.

Lol, that's a lesson on how not to make a video!

More of a live stream, and less of a video; but your point is well taken. Too bad though, it is some real good stuff.
  • Options
    There a lot of assumptions being made about the game in general on a personal choice. I believe the opposite. EA/CG is making their money. Their going to be fine without a few thousand here or there because there were plenty of people with a maxed Thrawn in their lineups before a lot of people even woke up.

Resistance is futile.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

@Acrofales and @nevertellmetheodds trust me, it's worth it. Lots of great points being made.

The community strikes back.

Also, other than my crystal sub, I'm closing my wallet.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Anyone, TLDR on the video?
  • Options

I didn't read the video either...
  • Godlikes
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Stop your crying. I think it is perfect. The least people who own him the better :)
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

I didn't read the video either...

Point noted.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

Basically slamming cg for their obvious cash grab.

Every cg misstep in the last week and then some.

Whales now have control of the game.
  • Jonais
    68 posts Member
    Options
    I don't really consider myself a whale, but since I started playing in Jan I've probably dropped close to $1000 on the game, this whole event has seriously turned me off though. I was enjoying the dark side characters and really wanted to have a competitive team, but their constant bias toward LS has soured my taste. I should have expected this from an EA product though. That's pretty much their track record.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oh, video too...

Comparing the bf2 presentation to the SWGalaxyOfHeroes presentation.

No new CONTENT.

They're focusing on vets and not new players ie. they're advertising to get R2-D2 on Facebook and Jedi Luke in the trailers.

Lack of communication and professionalism.

"Information" is disseminated to other media OTHER than the official forums.