EA lost money b/c of the Thrawn gear requirements

2Next

Replies

• Options
    capifico22 wrote: »
    Mk3 carbanti squeeze is ridiculous. Unclear why so many non-tanks require hundreds of them.

Because it sells crystals ... that's literally why
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Anyone, TLDR on the video?

Whales now have control of the game.
    Err, some whales got screwed on this event recently; mainly the ones who pit their hope in Thrawn being the messiah due to fear of falling behind.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

Err, some whales got screwed on this event recently; mainly the ones who pit their hope in Thrawn being the messiah due to fear of falling behind.

Early reports are Thrawn isn't even worth it in arena.

There is literally nothing in this game to spend on to gain an advantage anymore. Not a single thing, so why bother?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    If I was a new player to the game, I would delete the app. If I saw the Facebook ad and saw that I could get R2-D2 and then found that he's not available, or saw the ea trailer for Jedi Luke and he's not even in the game, I'd go elsewhere.

That's just me though.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options

Early reports are Thrawn isn't even worth it in arena.

There is literally nothing in this game to spend on to gain an advantage anymore. Not a single thing, so why bother?
    In my personal opinion, if they'd give us more clear and concise communication, even if it's 'hard' news, it would give the community a better incentive to continue playing and spend on what they want. This in the dark method they've been using is becoming counterproductive even on the business end as it's killing the desire to even spend.
  • Options
    Jonais wrote: »
    I don't really consider myself a whale, but since I started playing in Jan I've probably dropped close to $1000 on the game, this whole event has seriously turned me off though. I was enjoying the dark side characters and really wanted to have a competitive team, but their constant bias toward LS has soured my taste. I should have expected this from an EA product though. That's pretty much their track record.

That is 1000 votes for EA to keep doing what they're doing.
  • Options
    There just isn't enough time

All you had to say, right there. They just didn't leave time for this. They put the toons out to farm a week or so ago, and then immediately launch an event requiring them knowing **** well that people hadn't had a chance to gear or farm them sufficiently. The solution? A $100 pack.
  • Jonais
    68 posts Member
    Options
    There just isn't enough time

All you had to say, right there. They just didn't leave time for this. They put the toons out to farm a week or so ago, and then immediately launch an event requiring them knowing **** well that people hadn't had a chance to gear or farm them sufficiently. The solution? A $100 pack.

You didn't read my post. The $100 pack isn't going to gear them to g10 which is what's needed to finish the event. It gets them to g5 which everyone can already easily get. The reason to get the pack is for the shards, not the gear. The gear in there is worthless. I said in my post that I would have bought the pack, but they made the other piece (the gear) unobtainable.
  • Jonais
    68 posts Member
    Options
    lol, moved to off-topic... I guess it had too many replies to just delete