Thrawn Event 7* too hard - impossible to clear with reasonable gear and mods!!

Prev13
The 7th tier of the Thrawn event is a joke! Impossible to clear! I mean I spend a few hundred bucks to get my pheonix team on seven stars, and now i won't be able to clear the last tier? This is an unacceptable situation! I kindly ask @CG_Kozispoon or any other mod/dev to explain me why you made that tier so super hard! ...very disappointed...

Replies

• REM
    153 posts Member
    Options
    You have a week to improve your team.
    Aim for gear 9-10 for everyone and most abilities at least level 7.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    and speed over 80 in each toon. and pray for RNGesus
    pretty much everyone ive spoken to has had to do at least 5 tries even with the requirements that REM put.
    i can post screenshots of rosters if needed

• Options
    he shouldnt be easy thats the point of it.
  • Options
    took me all day.. left off Zeb
    use chopper to remove the taunt, use sabine's demolish to remove the 100% crit buff on the DT. Then kill them first, be sure to use Hera's basic to land an expose on the healthiest enemy ..Save GAT for last
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Having the same issue. I have good mods on the team but not my best and none are over g8. Working hard to get their gear up before end of event. One character is doable but 5 is going to be tough
  • Options
    I had to take all my 7* Phoenix to g9+ with full abilities (minus omega except Hera). I can't tell you how many times I tried and failed with gear 7-8.

This event is supposed to be very hard, and would not want it any other way. You will need to invest in your Phoenix more, learn how to play them and maybe have RNG on your side after multiple tries.

Just because you have Phoenix at 7* does not mean you automatically get 7* Thrawn.

This reminds me of the first 7* Yoda event in the past before it was nerfed. Enough people whined about that and it was made easier.

I very much hope that is not going to happen again.
  • Options
    Hybridplug wrote: »
    I had to take all my 7* Phoenix to g9+ with full abilities (minus omega except Hera). I can't tell you how many times I tried and failed with gear 7-8.

This event is supposed to be very hard, and would not want it any other way. You will need to invest in your Phoenix more, learn how to play them and maybe have RNG on your side after multiple tries.

Just because you have Phoenix at 7* does not mean you automatically get 7* Thrawn.

This reminds me of the first 7* Yoda event in the past before it was nerfed. Enough people whined about that and it was made easier.

Agreed. I hate the fact that I have to gear and mod Phoenix but I did the minimum to get a five star Thrawn. But this should absolutely be a grind for seven stars. Yoda got nerfed into the ground because people complained it was too hard. Some things in life take work and an investment of resources to obtain. Stop asking for a hand out and go put in work and get it.

I'll have to wait for six months most likely to get Thrawn to seven stars. I'm fine with that. I didn't put the resources or time into Phoenix to get there this time. My choice, my loss and I'm good with that.

• Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    I put no work into my Phoenix squad. I looked at the requirements to do that and said "nope!" Now, this is a Legendary event. I expect that to be difficult and require real strategy play, definitely not something to auto through. I hope the event stays difficult, especially if Thrawn's defense AI gets fixed.
  • Options
    I honestly don't see anything wrong with them making an event difficult. I'll likely not get 7* this time, but I will for sure next time.
  • Options
    It's just a matter of gear and mods. My Phoenix are all Gear 11, decent mods, cleared it on the first try. If your Zeb has enough potency, you can Stun your targets by having Hera and Ezra use their specials to hit with Zeb's basic as much as possible. Take out the Deathtroopers first, the other adds, then finally Thrawn.
    Of course, a lot of people are going to say it's a waste to gear them up, but I'm hoping the Phoenix Squad will get some Zetas or improvements in the future. Getting Thrawn easily is just icing on the cake for me.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    I had to attempt multiple times....was very happy when I finally succeeded! A sense of accomplishment now and then never hurt anyone
  • Options
    Hybridplug wrote: »

Absolutely. I'm in the 5* boat and if they nerf the 7* thrawn I'll be disappointed.

• Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Well this blows. I spent so much $ and gear getting them all to 7*, g7, and lvl 70. I think I'll just try to 6* or at least 5*. I don't want to keep wasting my resources if I can't 7* him. I'm only lvl 74.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Silky wrote: »
    Well this blows. I spent so much $ and gear getting them all to 7*, g7, and lvl 70. I think I'll just try to 6* or at least 5*. I don't want to keep wasting my resources if I can't 7* him. I'm only lvl 74.
    You're going to need gear 8 for 6* unless you have god mods and have your prayers answered by RNGesus.
  • Darksouls2020
    368 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Just be happy with 6* and wait till next time thrawn come around he should be nerf enough to do him with g7 or g8 gear. He viable at 5*.
  • Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    i
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    It's not too hard. It is hard, yes, but doable without a maxed team.
  • Options
    at least you can get them us that started the game late are screwed even in that department
  • Options
    I geared Ezra to g10 & Sabine to g9 and gave em mass speed & cd. Chopper, Kanan & Hera @ g8 with speed & h/p mods. Rng is pretty big too. On my second to last try I barely killed one enemy on round 4/4. Next try, cleared.
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options
    People complaining they can't beat it with gear 8 toons is funny
  • Options
    I'm not going to have my squad strong enough for a 7* Thrawn this time around. I'm 3/5 for 5* toons required for unlock, and will hopefully have 2 more ready before this ends. I'm just going to be happy with a 5* Thrawn and gear/ability him to the max, is all.
  • Options
    It is not impossible. Took me like 20 attempts but I did it
  • Options
    Omega uniques help a lot. And as one commentor said you want zeb every where.
    I got really lucky. But I cleared stormtrooper's taunt and did my best to daze, stun, and stagger the dts. Once you get through the purple protection they go down faster. Then go after stormtrooper. Then the healers. Hopefully by then you have Hera Ezra and zeb left. And take Dow. The Grand Admiral. Also rng plays a huge part- so keep trying.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    I had to attempt multiple times....was very happy when I finally succeeded! A sense of accomplishment now and then never hurt anyone

But.......

iX9Nz4x.jpg
  • Options
    Just beat it with all gear 8 without chopper in line up. I did put omegas on uniques and Hera leader skill, took about 3 tries after I did that and put better speed mods on them.

Stats on them
    https://imgur.com/a/Jf5Qw
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    Took like 15 tries but I beat it with Hera (L) Sabine and Ezra at XI, Kanan at X and Zeb at VIII. Sabine abilities maxed all omegas. Hera and Ezra abilities at 7 or maxed (w/o omegas). Kanan abilities at 7 to 3 and Zeb abilities at 6 to 3. I made a point of not using omegas aside from Sabine who I maxed months ago. I did not use my god/arena mods, just some good to okay ones I had stocked up. I finished it with Hera, Sabine and Ezra still alive.

I killed both DTs first then Thrawn then the STs. Zeb's daze is very important in that fight.

The final battle was hard. Actually it was very hard. I used up all the level 3 ability mats to give kanan and zeb a much needed boost which got me over the edge but it was annoying as I had saved them for Thrawn, where I had plenty of omega and zeta mats to use on him. But at least it got me past the event.
  • Options
    Finally Managed to beat him with a little more investment in Sabine and Ezra.

Sabine G10/LVL80
    Ezra G10/LVL80
    Hera G8/LVL75
    Kanan G7/LVL73
    Zeb G7/LVL75
  • Options
    You need all 5 at gear XI
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This was a great event. The best one we've had since the original Yoda event. This time the challenge was mainly in the farming of shards and gear in order to get there in time - the actual final fight requires a little bit of strategy but with strong enough characters it is very achievable. I got my 7* Thrawn last night, but if I couldn't have got there I would have enjoyed it just as much, and got him the second time (like I did with Yoda).

For what it's worth I won with G11 Ezra, G10 Sabine, and Hera, Zeb and Kanan all at G8. You really need at least G8 because of the large increase in protection it gives. Putting my best mods on got me over the line. I have a strong sense that omegaing some of their uniques would make the event much easier, so consider doing that if you have some spare omegas. Hera's lead applies all the uniques to all characters, which is the most powerful thing about a Phoenix squad.