Magmatrooper barely even looked at!

Tedbeast
218 posts Member
edited June 2017
Continuing my theme from:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116883/how-stormtroopers-should-of-been-reworked#latest
Magmatrooper was another one that, when the Empire Faction Pass happened, was barely even looked at. Did one Dev spend 15minutes looking at Magma's kit? Magmatroopers are specialized in operating in hazardous environments. Why aren't they the Empire's cleanser? How to fix:

Unique: At the end of Magmatrooper's turn cleanse 1 debuff from self and 1 debuff from a random Imperial ally that is not a trooper. Each debuff cleansed provides X% turn meter for the character that was cleansed.

Whille Magmatrooper is active, all Imperial Troopers cleanse themselves of one debuff and gain X% turn meter at the end of their turn.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Replies

• Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    P.S.
    Moderators quit moving my threads! People only read General Discussion anyways.
    (Not like anyone at EA/CG will read this... /wrists)
  • Options
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    Why aren't they the Empire's cleanser?
    Easy, because Magmatrooper isn't a Rebel.

• Exwin
    19 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I agree. I wish magma was a little tougher. He's my highest geared trooper in my veers squad but he still hits weak and doesn't take much punishment
  • Options
    Magma really shines when paired with DT. DT applies death mark and suddenly Magma starts handing out damage like it's going out of style. That duo is the major reason my imperial troopers hit the millions during phase 2 and 4 of tank raids
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Magma really shines when paired with DT. DT applies death mark and suddenly Magma starts handing out damage like it's going out of style. That duo is the major reason my imperial troopers hit the millions during phase 2 and 4 of tank raids

So Magmas random second hit does damage based on the amount of damage done after counting the Deathmark bonus (and not what it would of done if there was no buff)?!
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Options
    My trooper squad really shines in Phase 3 with Death mark on the main droid boss. Snow and Magma AOEs take out all the small bots and then everyone single targets the boss, also Veer's group hug with death mark is awesome, Magma trooper's double attack triggers death mark 2x weather he is assisting or just plain attacking.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Surely that's not WAI though....
  • Options
    Whhhyyyyy are you posting these in general discussion... so pointless. Please theorycraft character kit ideas that will never happen somewhere else. They are irrelevant to the game and just take up space on the general discussion forums...
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Whhhyyyyy are you posting these in general discussion... so pointless. Please theorycraft character kit ideas that will never happen somewhere else. They are irrelevant to the game and just take up space on the general discussion forums...

You need to chill if you don't like these posts DON'T CLICK ON THEM
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

Its absolutely absurd the amount of these types of posts in the general discussion. EA/CG just reworked these characters and are not going to rework them a second time in two months. What is the point of these type of posts aside from theorycrafting, which should be done in character discussion, not general discussion. No other points need to be made
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

Its absolutely absurd the amount of these types of posts in the general discussion. EA/CG just reworked these characters and are not going to rework them a second time in two months. What is the point of these type of posts aside from theorycrafting, which should be done in character discussion, not general discussion. No other points need to be made

Cuz I want these to be actually read.
  • C_Man101
    195 posts Member
    Options
    it would be nice if troopers could survive more then early game filler chars

I wanted to like magmatrooper when I got him for free but he just feels like another stormtrooper just with a shiny new gun
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    Options
    C_Man101 wrote: »

I wanted to like magmatrooper when I got him for free but he just feels like another stormtrooper just with a shiny new gun

How dare you forget about the backpack!

In all seriousness: Trust me, I'm right there with ya. And the whole reason I made this thread. Stormtroopers will always be a fan favorite, and to forget about them and leave them to be left behind alienates a large portion of the whole Star Wars fandom not just the 'people' who play this game.
  • Options
    Why aren't they the Empire's cleanser?
    Easy, because Magmatrooper isn't a Rebel.
    No idea why I laughed as hard as I did at this post.
  • Options

So Magmas random second hit does damage based on the amount of damage done after counting the Deathmark bonus (and not what it would of done if there was no buff)?!

From what I've seen myself, Magma hitting an enemy suffering from deathmark will normally deal his damage plus the extra damage from deathmark. However if the enemy is hit by his basics normal hit AND the secondary hit, the enemy takes damage from Deathmark twice for a total of damage being dealt 4 times
  • Options
    C_Man101 wrote: »

My troopers aren't 100% maxed out or anything like that but with my troopers ranging from gear 8 to gear 10 I can usually stick around in arenas top 100
  • Options
    He was one of my best before the fleet store appeared and I got grievous,maul and wedge
    Now he doesn't do enough damage and dies to quickly as well
    Also the geonosian soldier needs updating as well ... At least in gear I can give 1 more piece then all the rest are to be added in a future update apparently so I'm blocked at about 9.3k power
  • Options
    Magmatrooper wants 2x stun cuffs at gear VIII.

....... Magmapooper can stay at gear VIII.
  • Options
    Wedge wanted 2x stun cuffs + 1 x Stun Gun + either a fusion furnace or a droid caller at gear VIII.

I just got him to gear IX.

I'd rather have 10 g9 toons than one g11 toon.

I mean, I'm not saying your wrong - your game, your choices & all that - but grabbing that gear is getting a little easier with the Flash events and MT is very good in the Pit raid under Zader.