$300 later, Rex is available

Hello, community!

I simply do not know where to post this, and/or if anything can happen.

I know spending a lot of money on a mobile game seems silly to some, but a few hundred bucks to a free game that I'd love to support doesn't seem like a waste.

I spent $300 on chromium packs earlier today to try to expand my character selection options. About 30 minutes later I am prompted to restart the application and am immediately notified that Rex is now available solely through chromium packs. Needless to say my heart sank.

Does anyone know if there is some way of reaching out to The Team to see if my transaction and shard collections can be reversed in hope of achieving Rex upon repurchase? I didn't see anything on the SW:GoH site so I figured I'd come here to inquire. I know this is very much so a "buyer's loss" scenario, and to say I feel cheated is definitely not the right word, I just felt defeated.

Replies

• Options
    Lol Rex will be another junk hero so your not missing much.
  • Options
    Inb4 hate posts
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Dario wrote: »

I don't necessarily doubt this, but just a collector. I'm not super hard pressed on getting everyone to 7*, but I love the movies and just enjoy playing around with a diverse amount of characters :)

Inb4 hate posts

Hate? I pay for a F2P game and it helps keep it F2P for players who don't care to. No need for hate :)
  • Options
    This kind of thing will happen very much in life. I would consider it a cheap $300 lesson.
  • Options
    This kind of thing will happen very much in life. I would consider it a cheap $300 lesson.

I agree, hence stating I know it's a "buyer's loss" scenario. I suppose I'm just hoping that something could be done. I'm not expecting anything.
  • Options
    A notice that an update was in store doesnt seem like too much of a request from the Devs when we all spend so much money on this game as it is
  • Options
    Rothis wrote: »
    A notice that an update was in store doesnt seem like too much of a request from the Devs when we all spend so much money on this game as it is

Knowing we were going through an update could be argued, but I knew Yoda was through the event and they also mentioned a new character available by the new shard trading system. I didn't think about someone becoming available solely from chromium packs. :(
  • Options
    deigo73 wrote: »
    Knowing we were going through an update could be argued, but I knew Yoda was through the event and they also mentioned a new character available by the new shard trading system. I didn't think about someone becoming available solely from chromium packs. :(

Well, you could always try for another $300!

(sorry, I couldn't help myself). Good luck.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I spent $300 on chromium packs earlier today to try to expand my character selection options. About 30 minutes later I am prompted to restart the application and am immediately notified that Rex is now available solely through chromium packs. Needless to say my heart sank.

Why did you do that the day they were going to add a patch with new chars? Sounds risky.
  • Options
    I would advise against that due to the fact that you are creating a resource hole you will never be able to get out of. I did the same thing in Need For Speed bought a ton of cars , not enough parts, could never tune my entire selection due to poor drop rates, I was planning on farming my parts but nooooo, so ya you probably need to go spend another 300 on crystals now.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

Why did you do that the day they were going to add a patch with new chars?

I agree, this update (including the possibility of new chars) has been announced well in advance and everyone knew it was happening today. Not a good idea to spend so much cash just before a major update, unless you did not see the forums until now.
  • Options
    ITS A TRAP! ...
    Don't post your yields, or Devs will shut this post down. Happened 3 times in a row to my OPs.
  • Options
    Dario wrote: »

Rex will not be junk. Lol
  • Options
    :( i burned all my crystals as well, ftp though
    Shouldnt have assumed the content update was applied with play store update

Oh well lesson learned
  • Options
    Did you get anything good out of your chrome?
  • Options
    Hello, community!

I simply do not know where to post this, and/or if anything can happen.

I know spending a lot of money on a mobile game seems silly to some, but a few hundred bucks to a free game that I'd love to support doesn't seem like a waste.

Does anyone know if there is some way of reaching out to The Team to see if my transaction and shard collections can be reversed in hope of achieving Rex upon repurchase? I didn't see anything on the SW:GoH site so I figured I'd come here to inquire. I know this is very much so a "buyer's loss" scenario, and to say I feel cheated is definitely not the right word, I just felt defeated.

Call apple support on itunes.

Tell them there was a glitch and you didn't get what you paid for. The purchase will be reversed and you'll get your money back.

After that, they will tell you that any future purchases from this game is on you.

The money will be deposited by midnight. You're welcome.
  • Options
    You still wouldn't have landed Rex. My $20 chromium pull just now now **** had 3 IG-100 12 shards and the Garunteed was IG-100. Chromium is a F'n ripoff. We all know that but we keep falling for it.
  • Options
    That sucks bro! I hope they can help you out with this one. Most likely they could. Not sure how good are they at keeping records, but it seems to me pretty good.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (: