Can we get flash event notifications?

Prev1
I've missed so many flash events now bc I forget that it's even going on. A notification that says it's ready to battle would be very welcomed imo. We get notifications when other events are up. Getting one for flash events would be nice too.

Replies

• Options
    I wasn't even aware they were still happening. I remember two days of them about a week ago, but haven't seen anything since. If they have been happening, I completely agree with the OP
  • Options
    There is a notification the day they will be running, and before/ after each there is a countdown until the next flash event.... so you could... you know, use your phone to set an alarm...

I'm not trying to be a smart-A, just pointing out that this is an easily solved issue, and that the devs have plenty to work on.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    There is a notification the day they will be running, and before/ after each there is a countdown until the next flash event.... so you could... you know, use your phone to set an alarm...

I'm not trying to be a smart-A, just pointing out that this is an easily solved issue, and that the devs have plenty to work on.

I haven't gotten a single notification about them, but have happened to see a few. Also whenever the little Flash Event circle pops up in game showing that they're active (in the top right corner) it's covered up by the the Thrawn Event circle in the top right corner so you can't actually tell that it's there unless you're constantly going in to check your events. They really need to adjust the event buttons there in the home screen so that if there are multiple events open you can see all of them.
  • Options
    I missed them this morning/afternoon because I completely forgot they were going on. I was on the game all morning too. They need multiple icons when there are multiple events going on. It wasn't until I saw the date this evening that I remembered it was a flash event day.
  • Options
    I missed them this morning/afternoon because I completely forgot they were going on. I was on the game all morning too. They need multiple icons when there are multiple events going on. It wasn't until I saw the date this evening that I remembered it was a flash event day.

Exactly this^
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

If the devs' goal is to get players to play more often with these flash events, it would behoove them to spend the time to fix the notifications. So yes, I think it's worth it to spend the time on that - I'm pretty active and still forgot/missed a couple. When you've finished the other events, you don't even click on Events to go check on flash events.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Probably an IOS problem, but I had to restart the game to even see the event in the list. Previous time it was on I didn't do that until in the evening.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options

Yes, the devs have plenty to work on. INSTEAD of doing that, they've created a silly event that's broken in several ways. They made their bed.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Options
    I don't know about you guys but my phone has been giving me notifications when the flash event starts. I don't think it gives me one for all of them but I know for sure it does for at least the first one of the four. I'll start tracking them to see when I do and don't get a notification.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I got a notification, but I am fairly certain it only popped up in time for the 2nd one.
    And I resort to using my phone alarm as well. It's a bit annoying. I also could have sworn that at one point my phone did show 2 different circles for active events. But it hasn't been with Thrawn. Since I won't have Sabine at 5* before today's event ends, it hardly matters anyway.
  • Options
    If it's like the Luke one then it should pop up in the top right, however... The Thrawn event notification is always there because I can't finish it.

If there's no notification for people who don't have the constant Thrawn reminder I'd say it's a bug.
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    I got a notification, but I am fairly certain it only popped up in time for the 2nd one.
    And I resort to using my phone alarm as well. It's a bit annoying. I also could have sworn that at one point my phone did show 2 different circles for active events. But it hasn't been with Thrawn. Since I won't have Sabine at 5* before today's event ends, it hardly matters anyway.

I myself got just got Sabine to 5 star today. The last event that has the zeta mats is tougher than I thought it would be. I didn't even make it past the 1st battle. Then again, everyone is 5* with the exception of Zeb who is 6*. Also all of my toons are g7 with Hera g8. They all have decent 5 dot mods on them. Maybe I should upgrade their abilities as for now everything is level 3 with the exception of their uniques which are all level 6.
  • Admiral_Wh1skers
    1352 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Same I missed 2 of them today, id love notifications for flash events
  • Mav216
    27 posts Member
    Options
    @TheChampionBum I just beat the bonus tier today with basically the same setup as yours with the exception being level 7 abilities (no omegas). All were level 70 gear 7 and hera was g8. Also only had 1 and 2 dot mods on them. If you get your abilities leveled my guess is you beat it easily
  • TheChampionBum
    340 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Mav216 wrote: »
    @TheChampionBum I just beat the bonus tier today with basically the same setup as yours with the exception being level 7 abilities (no omegas). All were level 70 gear 7 and hera was g8. Also only had 1 and 2 dot mods on them. If you get your abilities leveled my guess is you beat it easily

Were all your abilities leveled to 7 or just the uniques?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm always missing them by forgetfulness as well haha! Why do I have to be the human in the equation?!?!

I like Wookie's idea of setting an alarm. Anyone know if activating push notifications gives you a notice when they're up?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Lol we can't even get a dev update on the forum and you want push notifications on he app? We have to get an update here first letting us know they're working on it and then we might see it implemented after August.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oh go on, we get updates regularly. Just because they're not when I want them doesn't mean they're not regular. There can only be that much new stuff each week. I mean I'm still camped out on Thrawn's toenails for a bit here trying to break him in half, I don't need more updates right now.

*Focused intently on my phone.* "Guys be quiet; I'm trying to beat this guy!!!"

It's an honest question (Push Notifications)! I will try turning mine on and let you know what I find out.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options

Give me a break
  • Options
    No. then its too easy for you to get the rewards everytime :wink:
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    No. then its too easy for you to get the rewards everytime :wink:

Haha ALMOST spit my drink out there.
  • Options

No there isn't. I have no idea when they're active and when they're not. Also when they are, what schedule they are on. It's a cluster. But no matter. They always give the one piece in the list that you have 2000 of. Their "RNG" is always weighted like a slot machine in every stinking aspect of this game.
  • Options

No there isn't. I have no idea when they're active and when they're not. Also when they are, what schedule they are on. It's a cluster. But no matter. They always give the one piece in the list that you have 2000 of. Their "RNG" is always weighted like a slot machine in every stinking aspect of this game.

If you don't know the schedule, the flash events are at 10AM, 2PM, 6PM, and 9PM. (Not entirely sure about the 9PM one, it could be 8PM) All times are your own local time. The events are every three days. Next day with the flash events is the 24th, then the 27th, and the last day is the 30th.
  • Options
    @ShaolinPunk I have push notifications turned on. I only get 1 notification for the flash events which the notification for me happens between the first one and the second one.

What I'm asking for is a push notification to my phone when the flash event is ready to battle. Or at least put an icon up for it. Maybe this will happen now that the Thrawn event is over, it during the Thrawn event, I never saw the event icon up.

I play this game way to much for sure, lol. And I'm cool stably missing the events bc I, like many people, have a busy life and forget the event is even going on. That's why I ask for a push notification to be implemented in the future. Possibly an idea for the next quality of life update.. which I hope we get one soon
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I run a Nexus 6P and my phone gets blown up with Flash Event Notifications.
    Post edited by Zephyrus on
  • Options
    I enjoy being able to get some cuffs, guns and Carbanti's out of them
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So I turned it on, and I may have missed one, but I for sure got a Push note that a flash event was coming, and I logged into the game with about 30 minutes before the event started. I didn't screen shot it to check the time. Then, a second Flash event happened, but I'm not sure if I had a note or not....I'm discussing this issue with the team, not sure how soon we'll see changes, but they know there's questions around it. Thanks for helping point this out.

We definitely want it to work accurately 100% of the time.
  • Options
    Thanks @ShaolinPunk appreciate the help.
  • Options
    @ShaolinPunk today I got a notification at 10:00am saying to "play now" for the flash event when the event didn't start for another hour. This was also prior to my first flash event for the day rather than between the first and second one. I still have 2 more hours before the next one is available. Will see if I get a notification then or not.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    @ShaolinPunk today I got a notification at 10:00am saying to "play now" for the flash event when the event didn't start for another hour. This was also prior to my first flash event for the day rather than between the first and second one. I still have 2 more hours before the next one is available. Will see if I get a notification then or not.

Same, I still didn't screen shot it (because I'm a zombie at this time of day) but I logged in and just like I thought last time, it's an hour ahead....on the one hand, it's nice, give me time to prepare my schedule around it. But I can confirm, same situation here.