Thrawn at fast speed is the Answer to make him strong(Ai)

Cloud24
206 posts Member
edited June 2017
(this thread is mainly for hybrid teams)

we all know it. many run thrawn with medium speed about 200 average and less.

but since the Ai is not the best running him at high speed work great. im talking about 240-250 speed. This way the AI will be a glass cannon if he is run under bobba gk chaze etc or any hybrid team that you would like. The faster he does his not smart moves from the Ai the faster he use fracture.

As for me it seem to work quite better on defense with an extremely high speed thrawn.

And fracture does work well at high speed. i've read his kit and experienced the amount of dmg that it can do and it will last long enough

Replies

• Options
    From what I saw, the big deal was not him alone, but him leading empire, they were cleansing unnecessarily. Didn't fight that many thrawn outside empire.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    General consensus on the forums is his AI needs tweaking. Messing with speed will add too many issues; he's already really strong. People just want the newest hero to be some mega overpowered win that allows them to be undefeated in arena. Play him on offense, he's a beast.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Borrowed a maxed gear 7* (didn't check mods) hitting for 20k on basic CRIT, I was like wt*
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    by "hybrid teams" i assume you mean with chaze...............................
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I like him fast anyway because you want him to get through to his 40 percent protection TM swap too. Plus then he can get another fracture faster. Usually you will want to switch streams and fracture a different oppenent half way through the match. I currently run Tarkin lead DT DN GK and Thrawn.

DT is 241 speed /271 speed
    Thrawn 240/268
    Tarkin 237/265
    Gk 221
    DN 217
    They key here is my other 2 empire toons are equally fast to reduce his TM. And Tarkin goes after Thrawn to use two specials right away. DT goes before to increase cooldowns and leave buffs behind for the AI.
  • Options
    As other have stated, the problem is while he is the leader. Thus empire allies gain a cleanser special, and they use it unnecessarily.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I like him fast anyway because you want him to get through to his 40 percent protection TM swap too. Plus then he can get another fracture faster. Usually you will want to switch streams and fracture a different oppenent half way through the match. I currently run Tarkin lead DT DN GK and Thrawn.

Thrawn 240/268
    Tarkin 237/265
    Gk 221
    DN 217
    They key here is my other 2 empire toons are equally fast to reduce his TM. And Tarkin goes after Thrawn to use two specials right away. DT goes before to increase cooldowns and leave buffs behind for the AI.

I'm close to this. My Thrawn under Tarkin 289 speed and calls DT for Grenade, so DT is effectively 289 at the start.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

Thrawn 240/268
    Tarkin 237/265
    Gk 221
    DN 217

Is DT using his grenades first with the AI?
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

Thrawn 240/268
    Tarkin 237/265
    Gk 221
    DN 217

Is DT using his grenades first with the AI?
    Yep been that way since day 1.
  • Options
    I feel he works very well as lead with empire because of the teams ability to reduce cooldowns. With shoretrooper on the team and a fractured enemy, every time empire char use cleanse ability, even if it's wasted, it gains them 80% TM but most importantly- will make any abilities on cooldowns one less. So you are losing 20% TM but able to reduce key cooldowns by one, much better than a basic attack in most cases.

Not saying it's a 100% full proof. They might have no abilities on cooldown or ShT not taunting or no one fractured to give the extra 15-30% TM. Just saying it's not as gloom as everyone makes it out to be