Who to gear next?

Hey everyone,

My most recent project was to G11 R2-D2. I can reach #1 on my payout shard without issue with my arena team (given good time management) My profile is https://swgoh.gg/u/reefraider/

I'm torn as if to who I should work on. Any thoughts?...

Some of my own include gearing Vader, Ima-Gun, Sun-Fac, or possible Finn and Poe. I have all these at 7* I have no issues with strong Heroic Rancor teams and my guild is too weak for Heroic AA

Other thoughts include working on Phoniex to get Thrawn at 7* next go around or gearing Thawn himself...

Thanks for the input! :)

Replies

• Options
    Phoenix or Resistance I say. Maybe Clones.
  • Options
    Thrawn probably. Maybe your Sith and Empire too
  • Options
    I have all clones except Echo at 7* and always had a soft spot for Cody!

Not sure about the Sith idea as I'm really weak in that area...no Sith Assassin or Sith Tropper or even Savage!
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thrawn, Tarkin, GK (once you unlock him), probably OG Han for that matter as well. Continue Phoenix if you want 7* Thrawn. You have most of the nuts and bolts already. Good work!

If you're into raids, definitely Clones for the Tank raid.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Based on your profile, I'd suggest Old Ben for the possibility of needing him for a future Luke event. After that, consider Resistance, because we're likely to get some new Resistance love for Episode 8 later this year. And First Order, for the same reason, and for offense mods.
    FOTP, FOST, and Resistance Trooper (if you don't want to use guild currency) in particular are very long hard node farms. The sooner you start those the better.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    I appreciate it guys! Keep the ideas rolling...I like the thought about gearing up Resistance and First Order due to expected new releases as we approach the next movie.

I have a LONG way to go for FOST, but already have Resistance more or less completely farmed star wise. I've hear they are pretty capable in AAT raid?

Still have a strange pull towards Clones too though...
  • Options
    I appreciate it guys! Keep the ideas rolling...I like the thought about gearing up Resistance and First Order due to expected new releases as we approach the next movie.

I have a LONG way to go for FOST, but already have Resistance more or less completely farmed star wise. I've hear they are pretty capable in AAT raid?

Still have a strange pull towards Clones too though...

A good resistance team can pull 8+ mil in P2
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance and First Order, Will be the next to have a legendary event
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    N1c0 wrote: »
    Resistance and First Order, Will be the next to have a legendary event
    This will very likely depend on who the next legendary character is. But if we get Snoke or Old Luke, I can see them doing this.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    If I go for Resistance I've read Poe and Finn are anchors for this team...is this the general consensus? Also would you gear up both Resistance Pilot and Trooper?
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    zFinn, Poe, and Resistance Trooper are the staples. Most people do Rey and R2 as the others, I think.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    zFinn, Poe, and Resistance Trooper are the staples. Most people do Rey and R2 as the others, I think.

zzR2 is a must these days. Rey, zSid, RP, GK, B2, and Cassian are all decent fillers for the fifth spot.

I would say for HAAT, Rey is the best DPS you will get out of this squad.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

zzR2 is a must these days. Rey, zSid, RP, GK, B2, and Cassian are all decent fillers for the fifth spot.

Due to Rey's inability to expose the enemy she's often omitted. Not arguing her DPS, but RP is more common than Rey
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    CryGonJinn wrote: »

Due to Rey's inability to expose the enemy she's often omitted. Not arguing her DPS, but RP is more common than Rey

Would agree, but Rey is required for DPS. You can only topple so many times, and Rey is the highest DPS for the squad. Without her, you won't break into the 7mil+
  • Options
    CryGonJinn wrote: »

Would agree, but Rey is required for DPS. You can only topple so many times, and Rey is the highest DPS for the squad. Without her, you won't break into the 7mil+

You're correct. My apologies, I was thinking of the McMole2 P3 video, with resistance - R2 and RP - instead of Rey
  • Options
    Cool! Again appreciate the information...I'm leaning towards Resistance, but I'm not unbelievably worried about posting a record breaking raid run.

I already have R2 (no zeta) at G11 and Rey at G10...So I think working on Poe, Finn, and Tropper should be a solid idea!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Just make sure you zeta Finn before R2 if you're going to work on Resistance (obviously).