I feel whatever is coming next is going to be a lose-lose situation for the game (A positive post)

Prev1
Lebowski1345
79 posts Member
edited June 2017
Sorry for the longish post.

So after reading the forum, I don't know how the Devs are going to be able to release something without making a portion of the population upset and threatening to quit. Yes, I wish there was more communication from the devs, especially about the new game mode when they didn't do it on the EA live deal, but what new event could they make without it frustrating the fan base?

Think about it, after the Thrawn event, most of the forum was upset that they had to farm phoenix and that it was "too soon of a notice." I mean, most end game players should have been able to at least unlock him at 5* and take the week or week and half AT MOST to slightly upgrade phoenix to lvl 65 g7, f2p or not in order to just unlock him. I mean my thought was great for f2p players so they could use him in Arena, and give the p2p players the bonus of using him for raids. I think that is a great set up. But the forums killed the devs for this move and it only took a week out of your normal schedule!

So basically my thought is, no matter what happens, people are going to be upset about it:

- New Raid - People will complain like HAAT and that it is too hard and should be nerfed (I'm talking heroic, as normal should have been nerfed). If it is a ships raid, THEN NO DOUBT people will complain saying, "Oh you made ships so unimportant for so long, didn't give us enough opportunities to farm them, I didn't farm my ships high enough! Your fault devs!"

- New legendary character (i.e. Jedi Luke) - It will be the R2 complaint (not hard enough, now everyone has him) or Thrawn (don't make me farm characters I hate/don't have)

- New game mode - from the leaked info, it looks like we may be battling each other in guilds or AI, but it looks like there will be a significant trial/error phase. I don't see people being happy about it right away due to needing to have very deep rosters and experience.

The list can go on and on, but am I wrong on this? Am I wrong to think people are expecting too much and should just enjoy the grind at times. Yes, I think there needs to be a new game mode, a ships cantina, and more communication where they say something weekly, but I just also think that the player base has been given a lot, especially the f2p, and need to just be patient with the devs and everything moving forward
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• Options
    People will always complain. I'm sure the devs understand that.
  • Options
    Ease up on the gear wall to reach g10 and I'll forgive them everything
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    People always threaten to quit. Devs don't--and shouldn't--care. There's slways a portion of players who are going to have a tantrum. But this forum is only a small sliver of the playerbase, and only a small sliver of people on the board post, AND only a portion of posts are complaints.

Ignore them, focus on qualitative feedback. Folks who quit because optional content wasn't optional enough are addition by subtraction.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Yeah reaching g10 does suck, but I don't see that coming unless they raise the gear level to 12
  • Options
    Good text
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Breaking News: Some players will complain about any new feature which was added. No exceptions. Welcome to the forums.

I personally would love to see any of those mentioned 3 options.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    People always threaten to quit. Devs don't--and shouldn't--care. There's slways a portion of players who are going to have a tantrum. But this forum is only a small sliver of the playerbase, and only a small sliver of people on the board post, AND only a portion of posts are complaints.

Ignore them, focus on qualitative feedback. Folks who quit because optional content wasn't optional enough are addition by subtraction.

And that is the tough part that I hope people understand. I actually took a bit of a break from the game, and when I came back, I was at a huge disadvantage, especially in a December 2015 shard. I was in the #1000 in arena, I wasn't close to having even a good Rancor roster. If you quit, you will actually be more mad at yourself because the devs will come out with something eventually that you enjoy and then you are even more discouraged from the game
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Whether or not this is a lose-lose situation depends on how it is announced. If the devs say something along the lines of "We are announcing this awesome new _____, starting RIGHT NOW, and you need (insert obscure toons no one has bothered to focus on), and you only have _____ time to get them, then the forums will rage. Especially if this announcement is followed by "Hey buy this pack for lot's of $$$. However, if they say "In a month, we're going to introduce _____ and you will need _____", it won't be as bad, as players don't really have a valid reason to complain (though they will anyway)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Release mock/practice endless battles with guildmates, and rewatchable fights of those said battles - little to no complaints :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »
    Breaking News: Some players will complain about any new feature which was added. No exceptions. Welcome to the forums.

I personally would love to see any of those mentioned 3 options.

And I get this that people will complain, I have had posts similar to this in the past, but I just really want players to stop and think and just remember to enjoy the game as much as they can, especially with all the hard work they put in to having an awesome roster. Also because we all love Star Wars and definitely a great game to play IMO
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Hahaha did not even cross my mind, that was awesome....
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    TLDR
  • Options
    Complaining for everything is natural human behavior.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Still worth it for new content
  • Options
    Sure, it's true though, but it's their fault if they are too stubborn to play the Phoenix Crew for Thrawn, it's their fault they don't gear up ships, and it's their fault they don't know how to be contempt with some of the things that the game has. When R2 was released, I was excited and went to farm my Magmatrooper and RG since they were the closest ones to 5*. I didn't complained, I just went and farmed, knowing that I would at least unlock him. Thrawn was a close case due that my mom took the phone away and I didn't had a chance; even if it was too soon, what did I do? Just thought 'Well, since it lasts a week, it will at least give me a chance to gear them up high enough to unlock him'. I like the Phoenix Crew, they're GW viable, and if you're smart enough, they're Arena viable as well; they're not even Zeta'd yet, and when that happens, I'll be interested in what it'll have to offer. I mean, each team has its own strategy: Zaul with evasion and stealth, Zihilus with damage and life steal, Vader with Dots, Zaxon with Counters, Qui-Gon Zinn with speed and foresight, Rex with cleanses and Crit hits. I don't use ships that much because every time I played Ship Arena the game crashed, this was the phone's fault, not the game's or the Devs'. I like to see the bigger picture and to plan my battles, if I lose in arena against Chaze or Wiggs, it's because I was too cocky and went straight forward to face them because the total strength was below mine or because I thought I had a chance due that my team destroys GW most of the time; the fault is mine in those cases, but not the game's
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Hahaha did not even cross my mind, that was awesome....

with that username i thought you'd enjoy that vid haha. Not calling you an a hool btw, it's just an hilarious scene.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thank you for the paragraphs, OP! Other people: Please compare the readability of the OP's post to your own. If you write a wall of text, put paragraphs!

(sorry, that was off topic)

Anyway, I agree with you.
  • Options
    Nice post, OP. Just wait until lvl 6 and 7 mods come out and then you will see the rage.
  • Options
    Complaining about thrawn was ridiculous, agreed don't need them to be too high up to unlock them. People will just complain about anything.

If it's a new "regular" raid I also think it'd be ridiculous for people to complain. Some guilds have mastered HAAT and are ready to move on. Most wouldn't be ready for sure though, and that's where the complainers come in. Level cap will probably be increased before this happens though. if it's a ship raid where you need 7-star ships that would be a little bit upsetting. They have been unimportant for a long time and I'd like to see some sort of ship PVE game mode like LS/DS battles before this happens.

People are people, will complain about anything. I complain about stuff daily, mainly chaze, because I think that's something the devs truly messed up on. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Calling it a lose-lose is a bit harsh, though I get where you're coming from. Personally, I just want to see something new and the sense I get from my guild and the forums is that that's what most other players want.
  • Options
    not going to be a lose-lose because grievous rework is coming :)
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    @leef sir, with that meme you got my respect for ever. One of the best films ever!!! ^_^
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I feel like the title to this thread is the reason the forums suck sometimes.

comments like mine dont help, but i didn't start it.
  • Options
    It's a free game with tons of options for the F2P player. I myself am COMPLETELY F2P and fairly competitive. I've been playing since the last week of September 2016. It's all in your farming focus.

I think the developers have done a great job. I like the rotation of characters into F2P rotation. The P2P players help make that possible. If it wasn't for them, EA wouldn't make money. No money, no game. The set up EA has with this game is better than any other similar game.

There's things that could use a little tweaking. Drop rates could be improved somewhat. A way to trade in gear or ability mats for higher level gear and abilities.

All in all, the players should stop complaining and enjoy the game. Be thankful to the devs and EA for putting out a GREAT and FUN game!

Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    I just want Droideka.
  • Options
    By far devs is absolutely doing their best to entertain people, and at the meantime, they need to get nice "result" for company, it's a tricky job, if you try to think about it. Well at least in my opinion.

There is so much card collection like apps, what is a status of power creep, you can just get one korean game, then you sure know what is "power creep", also the real meaning of GRIND, it is a living dictionary, man. Even for case like chaze, better express your opinion once and nicely than screeching repeatly, making opinion became harassment, any living things tend to avoid constant harassment.

And for arena complains.
    Really.
    "no use gunz cos gunz boring bruh use nife 1 on 1."
    Please.
  • Options
    I agree that the devs should make the game they want, and dont give in to people threatening to leave if x and y arent done by tomorrow.
  • wearywarrior74
    760 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

+111111111111111
    (Not that I necessarily agree they need forgiving from me, but I agree with the rest.)
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options
    people that say people complain will be the one complaining later... looking at thoses who answered. anyway people are petty
  • Options
    Everything on the internet is polarizing these days. No matter what content you create and put out there, there will be people who like it and people who hate it. Even things that are innocuous and objectively neutral find haters and defenders. It's simply the way things are.

As for content in this game? People who hate the new content the most will come to terms and accept it. People may have been mad about the way R2 was handled (I didn't see those complaints, but I don't dispute there surely were some), but most have likely moved on and only feel the need to complain about him again when they lose in Arena or GW against him.

In short, most things may seem ill-received by the very vocal minority (which this entire forum could be considered), but for the most part more content will probably translate into more profit overall.
This discussion has been closed.