I feel whatever is coming next is going to be a lose-lose situation for the game (A positive post)

2Next

Replies

• SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Options
    They faild already without releasing a single mb of the update due the dalay
  • Options
    That's mean we need SWGOH 2 !
  • Options
    as much as i enjoy this game the last thing that came out new after i had started playing that i enjoyed was EP. since then for me it's just been one disappointment after another.

my love for the darkside, EP, and the empire is what keeps me playing this game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    holyjoe35 wrote: »
    as much as i enjoy this game the last thing that came out new after i had started playing that i enjoyed was EP. since then for me it's just been one disappointment after another.

my love for the darkside, EP, and the empire is what keeps me playing this game.

not happy with thrawn?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

not happy with thrawn?

i didn't get thrawn. i have 0 PS shards.

there was only one darkside character who forced me to farm rebels and that was EP himself. since i got my 7* EP i have not used or touched a rebel since. in fact the only time i ever used rebels was for that event.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

not happy with thrawn?

there was only one darkside character who forced me to farm rebels and that was EP himself. since i got my 7* EP i have not used or touched a rebel since. in fact the only time i ever used rebels was for that event.

that's a shame, you're missing out on quite alot of content by not wanting to use rebels. But i guess if you enjoy the game more without using rebels that's okay with you.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Here's the truth OP:

If "balanced" characters are released, krakens, whales and dolphins will be completely furious and disappointed. F2P are happy because they don't face a p2p meta.

If decent characters are released f2p and light spenders will be mad as they have to deal with a p2p character smashing their roster into pieces. Everyone who spends ~$100 per month will be happy as they get to use a 5*/6*/7* character that smashes everyone.

If a hard raid is released all those people who want to "stick to (their) guild and not abandon them" will cry nerf and whine for months. If a easy raid is released the endgame players complain about it being boring.

If a new legendary is released this everyone will either be mad as they don't have the faction or mad that it was too easy. Thrawn was handled VERY WELL IMO, better than R2 as some might not have Empire (like me) but as Phoenix was easily farmable an unlock would be possible for everyone.

If GvG is released more of the "I don't want to abandon my friends" nonsense will pop up everywhere. Devs face backlash.

If diverse roster game mode is released (I.e. Campaign Mode), people with only 1 or 2 factions will cry and whine everywhere.

Either way someone whines, so devs shouldn't bother and cater to those endgame players with diverse rosters, spend a little (dolphin onwards) and are in a capable guild.

• Options
    Complaining about thrawn was ridiculous, agreed don't need them to be too high up to unlock them. People will just complain about anything.

If it's a new "regular" raid I also think it'd be ridiculous for people to complain. Some guilds have mastered HAAT and are ready to move on. Most wouldn't be ready for sure though, and that's where the complainers come in. Level cap will probably be increased before this happens though. if it's a ship raid where you need 7-star ships that would be a little bit upsetting. They have been unimportant for a long time and I'd like to see some sort of ship PVE game mode like LS/DS battles before this happens.

People are people, will complain about anything. I complain about stuff daily, mainly chaze, because I think that's something the devs truly messed up on. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Calling it a lose-lose is a bit harsh, though I get where you're coming from. Personally, I just want to see something new and the sense I get from my guild and the forums is that that's what most other players want.

You scruffy looking little Chaze hater!

Seriously Chaze is the direction of the game that it SHOULD BE GOING TOWARDS. Not "balanced" garbage that isn't arena viable/raid viable AT ALL.

Balance was thrown out of the window with wiggsdo. If you're looking for balance find another game
  • Options

not happy with thrawn?

that's a shame, you're missing out on quite alot of content by not wanting to use rebels. But i guess if you enjoy the game more without using rebels that's okay with you.

there really isn't anything i've missed out on yet. my favorites and passions of star wars lies within episodes 1-6. i don't really care for all this new stuff disney is doing. not getting thrawn was no disappointment as he was or maybe still is part of the EU which i hate as much as i hate rebels. i think disney is destroying star wars and they have made me less of a fan than i use to be.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    There are folks who will complain when there's a Marquee event because "Why are you giving me a useless 3* character?" CG could send everyone a million credits today and tomorrow SOMEONE on the forum will say it should have been two million.

Keep your eyes on your own paper. If you're having fun, just keep doing what you're doing. If you're not, try to find something fun to do. But whatever you do, don't listen to people on this forum for the most part.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I don't think fundamentally this game is bad or boring. Yes, at endgame when you have a pretty solid roster and the repetitive nature of farming gear and mods can get really mind numbing. Also seeing the same people over and over again in the same shard also gets repetitive as well. But I still feel like fundamentally speaking the game is still fun and I do enjoy collecting toons and looking back at all the time, effort and money spent on building them to where they are.

For me, the only thing that would make me consider quitting is if people are using exploits to gain an advantage. I saw an example of that in our shard (that thankfully was immediately addressed, since a lot of folks on the shard were pretty angry about that user). Otherwise, even though patience isn't exactly my strongest suit, I often have to remind myself that fundamentally this game is a marathon not a sprint ... I just hope the new game modes will help liven things up a bit.
  • Options
    Here's the truth OP:

If "balanced" characters are released, krakens, whales and dolphins will be completely furious and disappointed. F2P are happy because they don't face a p2p meta.

If decent characters are released f2p and light spenders will be mad as they have to deal with a p2p character smashing their roster into pieces. Everyone who spends ~$100 per month will be happy as they get to use a 5*/6*/7* character that smashes everyone.

If a hard raid is released all those people who want to "stick to (their) guild and not abandon them" will cry nerf and whine for months. If a easy raid is released the endgame players complain about it being boring.

If a new legendary is released this everyone will either be mad as they don't have the faction or mad that it was too easy. Thrawn was handled VERY WELL IMO, better than R2 as some might not have Empire (like me) but as Phoenix was easily farmable an unlock would be possible for everyone.

If GvG is released more of the "I don't want to abandon my friends" nonsense will pop up everywhere. Devs face backlash.

If diverse roster game mode is released (I.e. Campaign Mode), people with only 1 or 2 factions will cry and whine everywhere.

Either way someone whines, so devs shouldn't bother and cater to those endgame players with diverse rosters, spend a little (dolphin onwards) and are in a capable guild.

I agree with everything you said. ESPECIALLY the Thrawn event. Seriously, it took me a week and a half to get 5 toons to 5* lvl 65-70, g 6-7, took advantage of 2 out of the 3 double drop days they had, and got Thrawn at 5* so if I want to use him, I can. I think that the p2p deserve to get him to 7* and can use him in the raids as an added bonus. Then the next time, f2p can get him and use him in raids. Think it was a great set up.

And for the guild thing, I mean I don't get it when people are upset that guilds start to break up. I have an awesome guild and would not leave them, even with a deeper roster, but if people have unbelievable rosters and a guild holds them back, definitely do not blame them for leaving, especially if they fall in arena because of it.
  • Options
    Complaining about thrawn was ridiculous, agreed don't need them to be too high up to unlock them. People will just complain about anything.

If it's a new "regular" raid I also think it'd be ridiculous for people to complain. Some guilds have mastered HAAT and are ready to move on. Most wouldn't be ready for sure though, and that's where the complainers come in. Level cap will probably be increased before this happens though. if it's a ship raid where you need 7-star ships that would be a little bit upsetting. They have been unimportant for a long time and I'd like to see some sort of ship PVE game mode like LS/DS battles before this happens.

People are people, will complain about anything. I complain about stuff daily, mainly chaze, because I think that's something the devs truly messed up on. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Calling it a lose-lose is a bit harsh, though I get where you're coming from. Personally, I just want to see something new and the sense I get from my guild and the forums is that that's what most other players want.

Seriously Chaze is the direction of the game that it SHOULD BE GOING TOWARDS. Not "balanced" garbage that isn't arena viable/raid viable AT ALL.

Balance was thrown out of the window with wiggsdo. If you're looking for balance find another game

Chaze is annoying, but not unbeatable. Really I believe that the arena is/can be very balanced, but people like the teams that they worked for and it is easy to stick to chaze. But I have seen bounty hunters in the top 10 in my shard, and Nightsister hybrid in the top 50, and a pure clone team that is just outside the top 60.

Really the arena, in my opinion, is more about mods than anything. I know RNG sucks for the mod deal, but now with guaranteed drops, it is a matter of time before you get "good enough" mods to compete. Yes, certain toons leader abilities help make it easier (i.e. Rex, zMaul, etc.) but it is cool to see some unique teams in there if you work hard enough.
  • Options
    I don't think fundamentally this game is bad or boring. Yes, at endgame when you have a pretty solid roster and the repetitive nature of farming gear and mods can get really mind numbing. Also seeing the same people over and over again in the same shard also gets repetitive as well. But I still feel like fundamentally speaking the game is still fun and I do enjoy collecting toons and looking back at all the time, effort and money spent on building them to where they are.

For me, the only thing that would make me consider quitting is if people are using exploits to gain an advantage. I saw an example of that in our shard (that thankfully was immediately addressed, since a lot of folks on the shard were pretty angry about that user). Otherwise, even though patience isn't exactly my strongest suit, I often have to remind myself that fundamentally this game is a marathon not a sprint ... I just hope the new game modes will help liven things up a bit.

Definitely, totally understand. But I think that EA does a good job of catching cheaters.

It is a marathon haha... trying to farm one stun gun can really put a damper on your week. Once you get it though... I always have a small celebration
  • Options

Definitely, totally understand. But I think that EA does a good job of catching cheaters.

It is a marathon haha... trying to farm one stun gun can really put a damper on your week. Once you get it though... I always have a small celebration

Even krakens need patience in this game lol ...

And yeah, great job by Kozi and Lucifer on addressing the suspected exploit user quickly.

Fundamentally this game is still fun even if there are some frustrating moments. Yeah there's the chaze, triple cleanse etc etc but if you step away from that, it's still satisfying to look at how a roster grows over time
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Lebowski1345 and it seems you were right :D now i'm fighting 94k power team in GW LOL.

New update always brings the "best" in this game :smiley:
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options

So you think that 95% of all the characters in this game should be rendered useless each month?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

tumblr_m30gr68EVK1r0jeh0o2_500.gif

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Great update! Graphics don't work, power levels jacked and it runs slower! :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Versatti
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Let's put it this way...

If you were to join today, the power gap, whether FTP or PTP is so vast that it's going to take you an awful long time or hell of a lot of money to catch up. This will ultimately make the game unattractive to new players and games don't survive on dwindling player bases that consist of only those who have a) invested too much money or b) too much time to quit.

Simply put, reductions in numbers will effect raids, further increasing the power gap in terms of slower gear grinds and of course the highly desirable GK.

This game is definitely reaching its apex and very much reminds me of an old school MMO. It's following a questionable direction and seems to be making the same mistakes that ultimately saw many of those once great games die a death.
  • Options
    Versatti wrote: »
    Let's put it this way...

If you were to join today, the power gap, whether FTP or PTP is so vast that it's going to take you an awful long time or hell of a lot of money to catch up. This will ultimately make the game unattractive to new players and games don't survive on dwindling player bases that consist of only those who have a) invested too much money or b) too much time to quit.

Simply put, reductions in numbers will effect raids, further increasing the power gap in terms of slower gear grinds and of course the highly desirable GK.

This game is definitely reaching its apex and very much reminds me of an old school MMO. It's following a questionable direction and seems to be making the same mistakes that ultimately saw many of those once great games die a death.

You realize new shards are being created all the time, right? It's not like they throw new players up against level 85 people.
  • Options
    Versatti wrote: »
    Let's put it this way...

But the new shards are playing people that are also on new shards. Yes there are more characters than when we started in 2015, but they all are at the same advantage when they start. And you can always catch up/compete even if you start at a disadvantage. Mods are the most important thing in this game, So you can compete with top end players no matter what... I think it would be better to start now than in 2015

• Options

not happy with thrawn?

there really isn't anything i've missed out on yet. my favorites and passions of star wars lies within episodes 1-6. i don't really care for all this new stuff disney is doing. not getting thrawn was no disappointment as he was or maybe still is part of the EU which i hate as much as i hate rebels. i think disney is destroying star wars and they have made me less of a fan than i use to be.

hail to the emperor and to george lucas! :D
This discussion has been closed.