Please.. we desperately need QoL updates to Guilds/Chat/Messaging..

Prev1
Sirdigbychknczr
200 posts Member
edited June 2017
I'm under no delusion that this will get a Dev Response, but come on... recruiting is basically impossible, can't message individual players, chat is laggy and censorbot is a kitten

For a part of the game that is, for all intents and purposes, 100% required.. why is it so bad?

The guild recruitment threads on here and reddit are basically useless.. its the same 5 or 6 guilds spamming daily, some threads are 100+ responses of the SAME PERSON spamming to bump it up every few hours..

We need an in game global recruit channel, we need the ability to contact recruits who apply to the guild blind..

Please don't continue to essentially force us to go outside the game for communication, it's pointless.
Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
mutesaber.com
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    It's been a little easier to recruit now that my guild is farming HAAT, but still a pain to find active players
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    There is a section in the forums dedicated to recruiting. Have you tried there? :)
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    There is a section in the forums dedicated to recruiting. Have you tried there? :)

There's a section in my post about how utterly ludicrous the recruiting forum is.. have you read it?
    mutesaber.com
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly against this, while the ability to talk to only people who apply to the guild would be nice. Overall global chat/Private messaging would be horrible for guilds. All the multi guilds with like 20 HAAT guilds would target the members of smaller guilds or independent guilds, trying to pouch them in game. Seen games like this in the past and it makes the general health of most guilds terrible. Completely destroys any hope of a new guild taking off. No private messaging in game is fine by me.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

There's a section in my post about how utterly ludicrous the recruiting forum is.. have you read it?

I found my guild there in like 5 minutes. And it had everyrhing I needed. HAAT 2-3 times a week. Very competitive. Friendly atmosphere. And someone from my shard in the guild already.
  • Options
    private messaging would be helpful for notifying people of raid violations without putting them on blast.. and for questioning/interviewing recruits that have applied. So I could see limiting it to just guild related range.
    mutesaber.com
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    private messaging would be helpful for notifying people of raid violations without putting them on blast.. and for questioning/interviewing recruits that have applied. So I could see limiting it to just guild related range.

Anyone who violates guild rules SHOULD be put on blast. No tolerance for breaking the rules is the best guidelines I have seen so far. Anyone who doesn't hit 600 an hour before cutoff is reminded in Discord and Guild chat. Then kicked at 30 minutes no matter what is going on (HAAT or HPit). They lose all rewards and we bring in an alt to cover their tickets.

Then we invite them back afterwards and make fun of them. No exceptions to this rule.
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    Options

Of course - as OP said, there's a few guilds that spam it and it's pretty much impossible to stay even on the first page for 30 minutes
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options

Agreed inguild private messaging would be awesome.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options

Anyone who violates guild rules SHOULD be put on blast. No tolerance for breaking the rules is the best guidelines I have seen so far. Anyone who doesn't hit 600 an hour before cutoff is reminded in Discord and Guild chat. Then kicked at 30 minutes no matter what is going on (HAAT or HPit). They lose all rewards and we bring in an alt to cover their tickets.

Then we invite them back afterwards and make fun of them. No exceptions to this rule.

Don't you guys have anything else to do than to check every single day if someone made the 600? Sounds like you invest a little too much time in the game...
  • Options

well, I'm very happy you found your dicatorship to be so fun.. however, the less militant guilds with slightly more slack rules could use some extra QoL improvements.
    mutesaber.com
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

well, I'm very happy you found your dicatorship to be so fun.. however, the less militant guilds with slightly more slack rules could use some extra QoL improvements.

Fair enough.
  • adfcta
    27 posts Member
    Options
    My favorite was getting the words "cumulative" and "amusement" censored to ***ulative and amu*****t, because of the reference to bodily fluid.

Kids in our guild got more of a kick out of figuring it out.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Antares wrote: »

Don't you guys have anything else to do than to check every single day if someone made the 600? Sounds like you invest a little too much time in the game...

Nah. It takes like 30 seconds to see if we haven't hit 30k tickets for the day, and find out who is missing them.

I would say that it's strict, but why should 49 players pay for the negligence of of one member? That seems more ludicrous in my opinion.
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    Options
    Your own guild's policies aside, a limited in-game chat would be helpful since messages in the full guild chat are easily lost with conversations between guildies, gear and star promotions, etc.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrimis wrote: »
    Your own guild's policies aside, a limited in-game chat would be helpful since messages in the full guild chat are easily lost with conversations between guildies, gear and star promotions, etc.

Agreed. I suggest Discord in the meantime. It's pretty handy.
  • Options

Do you even read these posts? In the original post I specifically addressed the fact that we are essentially forced to go outside the game to fix these communication issues serves no benefit to the game.
    mutesaber.com
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Antares wrote: »

Nah. It takes like 30 seconds to see if we haven't hit 30k tickets for the day, and find out who is missing them.

I would say that it's strict, but why should 49 players pay for the negligence of of one member? That seems more ludicrous in my opinion.

They've never seen the beauty of a 30K guild and how much faster it rewards it's members.

As far as the dictatorship goes, I don't think they grasp how this works for some guilds. People miss sometimes as life always comes first, but when they're kicked, typically an alt is brought in and achieves the 30K. Then those players are typically reabsorbed. It in no way affects any other mechanic except for cleansing the manage section, which is mostly broken anyway.

I have a saying, if it's not divisible by 600, then they need to be reset to 0.

As far as recruiting, it is highly difficult to be the recruiter as I grew a T2 guild into a T6/7 guild over a period of 2-3 months and built an average 25-27K tickets. That in itself nearly made me quit the game until I did find a guild to meet my heroic needs, which is insanely easy to find.

I agree with OP about the struggle, but I see a global recruiting channel being a seriously bad investment as any MMORPG gamer that has experienced this type of ability is vomitous to say the least. Instead of 1 member recruiting a single thread, you have 50 members with the ability to spam it throughout the day. This is nuts and game breaking. Even if a limit was implemented, it would be grotesque simply at the volume of guilds in the realm of SWGOH
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

Do you even read these posts? In the original post I specifically addressed the fact that we are essentially forced to go outside the game to fix these communication issues serves no benefit to the game.

Well, here is the thing. I AGREED with the concept of an IN GUILD DM chat system.

Then I SUGGESTED Discord in the meantime.

Did you read my comment?
  • Options
    We shouldn't get distracted by little things. We should be asking for content, not QoL updates. While I do think some of these things are nice to haves. You should add to your list to fix the raid tickets tracker. Since that has been broken forever and would make the lives of most guilds a lot easier.
  • Options
    Use discord problem solved.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    DarthR244D wrote: »
    We shouldn't get distracted by little things. We should be asking for content, not QoL updates. While I do think some of these things are nice to haves. You should add to your list to fix the raid tickets tracker. Since that has been broken forever and would make the lives of most guilds a lot easier.

I feel this way too. Though, in all likelihood they have separate teams for these issues. One determined to increase overall QoL, one to find and squash bugs, and another to develop new content.
  • Options
    Use discord problem solved.

ugh.. Not everyone wants, or is able, to use outside communication.

For the love of all that is holy, is this really so hard to understand?
    mutesaber.com
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately not everyone checks Discord regularly, or they have notifications turned off so their phone doesn't buzz every 5 seconds when 2 people are chatting on the server
  • Options

We already know new content is on the way, everyone here whether they pretend not to or otherwise, has seen the leaks. We know its coming, We know we'll have more information on it soon.

I'm more interested in reminding the devs that there are other, smaller things that can be done to make the game more enjoyable and overall, just more accessible.
    mutesaber.com
  • zeekdog
    75 posts Member
    Options
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Honestly against this, while the ability to talk to only people who apply to the guild would be nice. Overall global chat/Private messaging would be horrible for guilds. All the multi guilds with like 20 HAAT guilds would target the members of smaller guilds or independent guilds, trying to pouch them in game. Seen games like this in the past and it makes the general health of most guilds terrible. Completely destroys any hope of a new guild taking off. No private messaging in game is fine by me.

I literally disagree with everything said here. The benefits to the individual players needs vs these smaller guilds influence greatly outweigh the pro- con list you've mentioned. If you cant farm the heroic raids, which my guild currently cannot, it becomes hard to compete with said guild members who can. In-game chat offers immediate advice, counsel, direction, and question answering. These posting issues can easily be regulated by simple moderators. There can be so much more influence guilds can provide besides raiding opportunities through in-game chat services. Yes there will be trolls, people who abuse this function, but the majority who take it seriously will find benefit. All in all,
    I think this is a big step in the right direction.
  • Options

This guy either doesn't understand English or is just reading bits and pieces and responding to whatever that amounts to in his head.
  • Options

We already know new content is on the way, everyone here whether they pretend not to or otherwise, has seen the leaks. We know its coming, We know we'll have more information on it soon.

I'm more interested in reminding the devs that there are other, smaller things that can be done to make the game more enjoyable and overall, just more accessible.

It isn't "August" yet and we all know that took longer than expected. There needs to be more than just what was not seen in the leaks.

I would say, you should be able to message someone that has tried to join your guild or has sent you an invite. But if they add this, I hope you can turn it off. I don't want messages from people if they open it up to everyone can message you. That would get annoying really quick.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    zeekdog wrote: »
    Zaraos wrote: »

I literally disagree with everything said here. The benefits to the individual players needs vs these smaller guilds influence greatly outweigh the pro- con list you've mentioned. If you cant farm the heroic raids, which my guild currently cannot, it becomes hard to compete with said guild members who can. In-game chat offers immediate advice, counsel, direction, and question answering. These posting issues can easily be regulated by simple moderators. There can be so much more influence guilds can provide besides raiding opportunities through in-game chat services. Yes there will be trolls, people who abuse this function, but the majority who take it seriously will find benefit. All in all,
    I think this is a big step in the right direction.

You also have to consider that your guild might fall apart due to this adjustment.

Consider this, another guild who completes HAAT two or three times a week sends you a DM inviting you into their guild. They have one slot available and it's yours if you want it.

A player who is loyal to their NAAT guild will remain. Let's say you choose to stay.

Now they send the same offer to your Officers. The other heavy hitters in your raids. One of them decides to leave.

You are now even further from being able to complete HAAT. You have to recruit a player who can contribute enough to cover the loss, who doesn't mind being in a NAAT guild. Their aren't many by the way.

That same player you are recruiting is being recruited by an HAAT guild simultaneously. Where will they end up?

These are the issues with some of your suggestions. It will be just as bad, if not worse, than the forum dedicated to guild recruiting. Big guilds will take in more players. Smaller guilds will be torn apart.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Dark_Light wrote: »

This guy either doesn't understand English or is just reading bits and pieces and responding to whatever that amounts to in his head.

If you read any of my other posts, I believe that you may have the capacity to comprehend why your statement is invalid. That is assuming you have the level of intelligence equivalent to an eleven year old or greater.