Please.. we desperately need QoL updates to Guilds/Chat/Messaging..

2Next

Replies

• Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Pyrimis wrote: »
    Your own guild's policies aside, a limited in-game chat would be helpful since messages in the full guild chat are easily lost with conversations between guildies, gear and star promotions, etc.

Agreed. I suggest Discord in the meantime. It's pretty handy.
    This guy either doesn't understand English or is just reading bits and pieces and responding to whatever that amounts to in his head.

If you read any of my other posts, I believe that you may have the capacity to comprehend why your statement is invalid. That is assuming you have level of intelligence equivalent to an eleven year old or greater.
    No time to troll the forums all day long, endlessly like some people, just noticing a trend from you, but please don't let me stop from attempting reading comprehension.
  • Options
    Agreed. Should be able to in game chat with our "allies"
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    CryGonJinn wrote: »
    Agreed. Should be able to in game chat with our "allies"

I could support this. Allies or guildmates.
  • zeekdog
    75 posts Member
    Options
    zeekdog wrote: »
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Honestly against this, while the ability to talk to only people who apply to the guild would be nice. Overall global chat/Private messaging would be horrible for guilds. All the multi guilds with like 20 HAAT guilds would target the members of smaller guilds or independent guilds, trying to pouch them in game. Seen games like this in the past and it makes the general health of most guilds terrible. Completely destroys any hope of a new guild taking off. No private messaging in game is fine by me.

I literally disagree with everything said here. The benefits to the individual players needs vs these smaller guilds influence greatly outweigh the pro- con list you've mentioned. If you cant farm the heroic raids, which my guild currently cannot, it becomes hard to compete with said guild members who can. In-game chat offers immediate advice, counsel, direction, and question answering. These posting issues can easily be regulated by simple moderators. There can be so much more influence guilds can provide besides raiding opportunities through in-game chat services. Yes there will be trolls, people who abuse this function, but the majority who take it seriously will find benefit. All in all,
    I think this is a big step in the right direction.

You also have to consider that your guild might fall apart due to this adjustment.

Consider this, another guild who completes HAAT two or three times a week sends you a DM inviting you into their guild. They have one slot available and it's yours if you want it.

A player who is loyal to their guild will remain. Let's say you choose to stay.

Now they send the same offer to your Officers. The other heavy hitters in your raids. One of tjem decides to leave.

You are now evwn further from being able to complete HAAT. You have to recruit a player who can contribute enough to cover the loss, who doesn't mind being in a NAAT guild. Their aren't many by the way.

That same player you are recruiting is being recruited by an HAAT guild simultaneously. Where will they end up?

These are the issues with some of your suggestions. It will be just as bad, if not worse, than the forum dedicated to guild recruiting. Big guilds will take in more players. Smaller guilds will be torn apart.

I appreciate your response and in-depth look into a realistic situation.

I absolutely think current guild standings will dramatically change. As it is currently, I'm not aware of any methods to search out guild officers to approach about recruiting opportunities, but yes, your idea is solid, there will absolutley be a pull to join the higher, stronger guilds.
    With more organization and player power/identity made aware, branches and sub level guilds will need to be formed. Guild membership will be more temporary than permanent, I suspect, but again, it will be better tailored to the players' ability lvls.
    There will rise ways to distinguish guild power and opportunities for current and new players joining guilds.
    I can see this as a way to solicit specific gear donations and participation from members, (Bad or Good). Reputations and abilities will rise from this chaos.
  • Options
    That happens regardless, just a fact of life. It's in no means a rational reason to not improve ingame communication.

If new content turns out to be Guild vs Guild, then it'll likely be even more needed....and "little" guilds with a few big hitters will get shaken up anyways.
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Options
    More tools for managing members and punishments would be nice...right now if someone does something wrong the only thing you can do is tell them what their punishment is and hope that they are decent people and will oblige....or kick them out. Maybe an option for the leader to lock out a certain member from a certain Raid or something.

Also more characters for guild message, faster refresh of the chat and if possible for everyone to be able to see the chat. It's really annoying when a new member comes in, doesn't say a word in chat, we can't be sure if he sees chat or message of the day, we explain the rules and they still do whatever they like and we have to kick them out regardless of their roster, just because we can't communicate with them. And the idea of being able to message player who apply before accepting them is also good.
  • Options
    One quality of life I would like to see is the raid ticket counter bumped up for individuals to 700. This would allow for other guild members who are on vacation or maybe just short because life happened to be covered and not removed. While this doesn't happen much in my guild, it does take a scramble to get an alt in to make up that energy the few times it does happen. When that energy was spent by someone already. This is only for the individual contribution, the guild limit can stay at 30k.
  • Options
    DarthR244D wrote: »
    One quality of life I would like to see is the raid ticket counter bumped up for individuals to 700. This would allow for other guild members who are on vacation or maybe just short because life happened to be covered and not removed. While this doesn't happen much in my guild, it does take a scramble to get an alt in to make up that energy the few times it does happen. When that energy was spent by someone already. This is only for the individual contribution, the guild limit can stay at 30k.

just remove the individual limit entirely. If one person wants to contribute 30k in a day.. let em.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    Options
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Better chat would be great, but it's lower on my list of priorities for stuff that needs fixing in guilds. My QoL list for guilds is:
    1. Raid tickets fixed
    2. Ability to demote someone to Probation status (can't take part in raids) vs. outright kicking them
    3. Raid battle logs, so officers can see who did how much damage in which phase, with whom and when
    4. Option to exclude minors from Open Guilds, since they can't see chat or messages and screw up raids
    5. Per-Raid messages that can be set by the person launching them which are displayed when the player starts the battle (as it's utterly amazing how often people don't see the Guild message)
    6. Damage and #Attacks caps in raids, which can be changed at any time by an officer. Once the damage cap is hit it's no longer possible to damage the boss. Zero is a valid value.
    7. Ability to set time-limited messages in Raids and Guild chat, so people know for sure when they can post non-zero scores. Timezones make this tricky. A timer in the message itself would remove all ambiguity.
    8. The ability to skip raid cutscenes.
    9. Add "Post" or "Cancel" buttons post-battle damage screen so that players can choose to post their results or not once they've seen the damage. Cuts out the mental % math, Flight mode and force-restarts that players do.
    I'm probably dreaming on most of these, but they'd remove so much of the hassle and aggravation of running a guild.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    basically we need a Guild Pass/Rework month :)
    mutesaber.com
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Better chat would be great, but it's lower on my list of priorities for stuff that needs fixing in guilds. My QoL list for guilds is:
    1. Raid tickets fixed
    2. Ability to demote someone to Probation status (can't take part in raids) vs. outright kicking them
    3. Raid battle logs, so officers can see who did how much damage in which phase, with whom and when
    4. Option to exclude minors from Open Guilds, since they can't see chat or messages and screw up raids
    5. Per-Raid messages that can be set by the person launching them which are displayed when the player starts the battle (as it's utterly amazing how often people don't see the Guild message)
    6. Damage and #Attacks caps in raids, which can be changed at any time by an officer. Once the damage cap is hit it's no longer possible to damage the boss. Zero is a valid value.
    7. Ability to set time-limited messages in Raids and Guild chat, so people know for sure when they can post non-zero scores. Timezones make this tricky. A timer in the message itself would remove all ambiguity.
    8. The ability to skip raid cutscenes.
    9. Add "Post" or "Cancel" buttons post-battle damage screen so that players can choose to post their results or not once they've seen the damage. Cuts out the mental % math, Flight mode and force-restarts that players do.
    I'm probably dreaming on most of these, but they'd remove so much of the hassle and aggravation of running a guild.

I'd actually buy you a beer if all these things came to be.... :smiley: This is exactly what I was thinking about but you've put it in words even better than I could :) I salute you Sir! :)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Melvil wrote: »
    I'd actually buy you a beer if all these things came to be.... :smiley: This is exactly what I was thinking about but you've put it in words even better than I could :) I salute you Sir! :)
    I'd track down the devs next time I'm in California and buy them a round if even half of that ended up in the game! ;)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I'm under no delusion that this will get a Dev Response, but come on... recruiting is basically impossible, can't message individual players, chat is laggy and censorbot is a kitten

For a part of the game that is, for all intents and purposes, 100% required.. why is it so bad?

The guild recruitment threads on here and reddit are basically useless.. its the same 5 or 6 guilds spamming daily, some threads are 100+ responses of the SAME PERSON spamming to bump it up every few hours..

We need an in game global recruit channel, we need the ability to contact recruits who apply to the guild blind..

Please don't continue to essentially force us to go outside the game for communication, it's pointless.

required?? lol how so?? i personally don't want individual players messaging me. in game chat is sufficient enough.
  • Sirdigbychknczr
    200 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    holyjoe35 wrote: »
    I'm under no delusion that this will get a Dev Response, but come on... recruiting is basically impossible, can't message individual players, chat is laggy and censorbot is a kitten

For a part of the game that is, for all intents and purposes, 100% required.. why is it so bad?

The guild recruitment threads on here and reddit are basically useless.. its the same 5 or 6 guilds spamming daily, some threads are 100+ responses of the SAME PERSON spamming to bump it up every few hours..

We need an in game global recruit channel, we need the ability to contact recruits who apply to the guild blind..

Please don't continue to essentially force us to go outside the game for communication, it's pointless.

required?? lol how so?? i personally don't want individual players messaging me. in game chat is sufficient enough.

You don't think Guilds are required in this game? Because that's the only thing I referred to as required.
    mutesaber.com
  • Options
    use a third party chat app
  • Options

Thanks for playing.
    mutesaber.com
  • Options

Thanks for playing.

seeing as thrid party chat apps allready do that and large percentage of guilds use them good luck waiting for those features to come in game when a large portion would stilll be using third party apps but game on
  • Options
    So we should settle for an incomplete feature, because something else already exists.
    Or did you have something constructive to add?
    mutesaber.com
  • Options
    Guild leader's message needs to be more obvious, maybe at bottom of chat instead of top.
  • Options
    My guild and I are mostly veterans of a similar mobile game: Battle Nations (BN). This game had a much more established communication system with personal messaging system. The game has been removed now, mainly due to other poor decisions and King Digital acquiring it. But with experience in this, I feel a need to inject my and around 20 other people's events and thoughts.

The in-game personal messaging in BN was extremely beneficial for guild management and recruitment. Poaching did occur via this, however guild loyalty was much stronger there. We did use an outside messaging tool (groupme), however it was to cover for a function similar to swgoh's raids. As the head of recruitment across a family of 3 BN guilds, and now the leader of our 40-person Swgoh guild, I do miss the convenience of the messaging system. In BN, one could only engage in personal messaging through becoming friends (similar to allies).

I think I would appreciate a pm system and expanded chat functionality.
  • Options
    I am against any resources being spent on in game chat development over new gameplay development or better QoL. Outside chat will always be better, so imo better to leave it at that and spend dev time elsewhere.
  • zeekdog
    75 posts Member
    Options
    Eustacie wrote: »
    I am against any resources being spent on in game chat development over new gameplay development or better QoL. Outside chat will always be better, so imo better to leave it at that and spend dev time elsewhere.

Either you're with us or against us!!

My guild does not use outside chat resources or apps, so because some other guilds can and do, I have to suffer in a guild that doesn't think outside the box? Trust me, this is a necessary addition to the game and honestly any game fixes compared to this would be miniscule.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    zeekdog wrote: »
    Eustacie wrote: »

Either you're with us or against us!!

My guild does not use outside chat resources or apps, so because some other guilds can and do, I have to suffer in a guild that doesn't think outside the box? Trust me, this is a necessary addition to the game and honestly any game fixes compared to this would be miniscule.

Leave your guild. Join the Resistance!
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options
    Popular acronymns and nicknames used in game would be a good idea to add to the autocorrect (e.g., shards instead of shares, Chaze instead of Chase, etc...).
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    We have been screaming for a decent chat system since launch. If it's on their radar it's bottom on the list of priorities. And for one reason, Money. Let's face it what we have now is strictly a notification system for guilds not a true chat system. They would have to either import one or building from scratch. And while it's a pretty basic thing to implement its strictly for players benefits not theirs. New content is geared toward prompting players to buy crystals and hero packs (ie. Money). A chat system does nothing to generate more purchases. If anything it could discourage spending as players share their experiences with packs with other players who don't use the forum or follow YouTube. Plus spamming and guilds pinching from each other are issues in any game not valid reasons against a full chat system. Keep your fingers crossed but don't expect anything soon.
  • Options
    Nope. Instead we get an Ewok pass. Lmao.
  • Sirdigbychknczr
    200 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Having been in other games with competitive guild orientations and also having an in-game private messaging system, I can say that poaching was not a serious concern. Top Tier players that are likely to be poached, are already on the boards, discord, line, reddit etc.. they're going to be reached and poached regardless.

But, that is a fringe scenario.. the other 99.6% of scenarios, for recruiting, for interviewing, for even just private chatting about shards, payouts, or whatever.. it would be an IMMENSE help to not have to tab out to another screen or a 2nd device..

I really don't understand the insane level of resistance to this idea.
    mutesaber.com
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    While we're on QoL for Guilds and Raids, I've been hoping they would do this for a long time.

A new title, Raid Officer

Only the Raid Officer can launch Raids.

The Raid Officer is responsible for choosing the Raid squad, (it can be set to Open or selective) Open is as it is now.

Selective would:

* Give the option to omit people that haven't contributed

* Run a raid for Lower ranked players only, to give them a shot at decent gear

* Run a raid for players who always seem to miss the raid time due to timezone diffs, (In a UK Guild and the couple of Americans we have don't show up to the party till late... Oh the parallels with WW2...)

It could be managed with a simple tickbox.

Auto-Raid Launch - The time, Level and Parameters of the Raid are set so a Raid can be launched while not in game. "I won't be able to launch the raid till then, cause i'll be there" No problem! Raid always starts on time, when advertised.

Players can inform the Raid Officer that they won't be about for a week or two while on holiday etc so they won't be picked or kicked.

The Raid Officer would be a position of honour so could even be used to lure HAAT vets to whip a new or struggling guild into shape.

Also, I'd like to see Live Replays in raids, when someone is in a raid fighting, to be given the ability to watch the action would be great, especially for new starters learning the ropes, when to retreat etc.