For those angry about the "Silent" Poe nerf...

Prev1
This was said by a forum monitor in February 4th, 6 days ago. In the Poe Dameron Balancing forum, he said "We will continue to monitor how Poe performs in squads after the update, and if needed we will make additional changes."
So you can stop complaining about how this change was unexpected or had no warning of being added.
Poe was arguably agreed as being too good of a character, and many wanted him to be nerfed. If you believe he has been too drastically reduced in effectiveness, that's fine, speak your opinion. Just how the community had an influence in him being nerfed, we can also perhaps persuade the devs for further change until he is "well balanced". But making accusations about the developers, them being liars, or being deceitful, won't make the game any better.

Replies

• Gurley30
    175 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Oh ok then

Except your entire post does NOT apply at all because the post that YOU quote says

"AFTER THE UPDATE"

Meaning they would WAIT UNTIL THE UPDATE AND MAKE CHANGES AFTER MONITORING

Bad post 0/10
    Post edited by Gurley30 on
  • Options
    If the buff doesn't fit, you must acquit!

The Poe nerf was like a fart, silent but deadly.

Which side are YOU on?

This should totally be a recruitment poster for someone.
  • Options
    What was the silent nerf?
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    It wasn't even a nerf directed at Poe let it go
  • Options
    They said they were changing gear out .... Mostly to affect his tenacity, it makes sense that it would change other things too.l
  • Options
    If the buff doesn't fit, you must acquit!

The Poe nerf was like a fart, silent but deadly.

Which side are YOU on?

This should totally be a recruitment poster for someone.

Lol!
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Stop NERFing... Give us an option to buy/earn more power... If money can buy stronger character more stars/gear playing field will be fair! Those that paid will enjoy their purchase, those that are FTP can spend their life in instead of money getting there. No reason why my $ should be turned to ashes so FTP complainers can keep "enjoying" their free ride! That's what's wrong with USA - everybody wants to enjoy piece of American pie without lifting a finger or spending a dime! "Entitlement"! So sickening...
  • Options
    Joshuar56 wrote: »

Go to the "Speed Changes and Poe" forum, it should be near the top.
    Poe received some additional changes that were not said in the main update forum. His speed was reduced by 1, and he received other slight nerfs, less health, etc.
    People are being way too toxic about this change, mostly because they believe it was unexpected, which actually wasn't, hence my post.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Any nerf announce or unannounced is a ripoff. If u bought a car and a month later they came and took your rims because they were too nice/"shiny and obnoxious" what would you say/feel?
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    But yet, it happens every month here!
  • Options
    XCOM wrote: »
    Any nerf announce or unannounced is a ripoff. If u bought a car and a month later they came and took your rims because they were too nice/"shiny and obnoxious" what would you say/feel?

You forgot to mention that, before buying the car, the salesman clearly told me that they can change, add or remove anything about my car as they wish when ever they want. Cause that's how it is for video games.
    It's pretty much in every games ToS that the developers have full control of their game, and can potentially change anything about it at any time. So you have to know that everytime you buy additional content from games, they are always at risk of being changed. Fortunately for the consumer, most companies try to satisfy their customers and won't do any unneeded change to their game that makes theme unhappy.
    So if you do not like how Poe currently is, then voice your opinion. If he is in fact still unbalanced, then the majority of the forum community will agree, and theirs always the possibility that the devs will make further changes to him. If they don't, then customers walk out.
  • Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »

Poe received some additional changes that were not said in the main update forum. His speed was reduced by 1, and he received other slight nerfs, less health, etc.
    People are being way too toxic about this change, mostly because they believe it was unexpected, which actually wasn't, hence my post.

Honestly you need to reread the thread to realize that they changed how speed works in general. Even with 143 speed, poe would go after leia, dooku, sid, GS, ST HAN (ackbar lead), QGJ lead. The only characters that poe is slower than now with 142 is only rey and hoth scout. So please stop these annoying poe nerf threads. If you want to talk about poe's changes, feel free to post under Jesse's thread about it. This is honestly just cluttering the forums
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options

You forgot to mention that, before buying the car, the salesman clearly told me that they can change, add or remove anything about my car as they wish when ever they want. Cause that's how it is for video games.
    It's pretty much in every games ToS that the developers have full control of their game, and can potentially change anything about it at any time. So you have to know that everytime you buy additional content from games, they are always at risk of being changed. Fortunately for the consumer, most companies try to satisfy their customers and won't do any unneeded change to their game that makes theme unhappy.
    So if you do not like how Poe currently is, then voice your opinion. If he is in fact still unbalanced, then the majority of the forum community will agree, and theirs always the possibility that the devs will make further changes to him. If they don't, then customers walk out.

You are forgetting that these are the "free" customers that came in for the air freshener - NOT the car, that are complaining.
  • HaloWars29
    279 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    tha

Honestly you need to reread the thread to realize that they changed how speed works in general. Even with 143 speed, poe would go after leia, dooku, sid, GS, ST HAN (ackbar lead), QGJ lead. The only characters that poe is slower than now with 142 is only rey and hoth scout. So please stop these annoying poe nerf threads. If you want to talk about poe's changes, feel free to post under Jesse's thread about it. This is honestly just cluttering the forums

This isn't a Poe nerf thread. This is a thread to basically ask people to withhold themselves from being toxic. I give no opinion on how Poe works. Like I said, if people believe Poe is underpowered now, then they should openly disscus it. But that doesn't mean go off on the developers for trying to improve the game.
  • Options
    Stop NERFing... Give us an option to buy/earn more power... If money can buy stronger character more stars/gear playing field will be fair! Those that paid will enjoy their purchase, those that are FTP can spend their life in instead of money getting there. No reason why my $ should be turned to ashes so FTP complainers can keep "enjoying" their free ride! That's what's wrong with USA - everybody wants to enjoy piece of American pie without lifting a finger or spending a dime! "Entitlement"! So sickening...

Not quite as sickening as reading your post.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    50cent described it best - window shoppers. Read the lyrics
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Btw - you guys do understand that your free game only exists because someone is paying for it... For the developments, bug fixes, etc. - it definetly doesn't come from your free daily cristals. There are no advertisements in the game to cover costs. And yet you are biting the hand that feeds you, so to speak..
  • HaloWars29
    279 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    50cent described it best - window shoppers. Read the lyrics

Just read the lyrics, didn't really see any comparison to what I'm disscusing. The chorus is basically 50 cent making fun of people for being unable to buy items cause they're too poor. Window shopper, as in, you look through a stores window, at most, to "shop" because putting the full effort of actually going in and roaming through the items that are available would be pointless, because you are unable to afford anything inside. At least, that's what I got from it. All other lyrics are just about the generic life style of a rich rapper.
  • Options

+1

• Options

The devs had two choices - nerf one character one speed point and some tenacity or buff every other character to obtain the same result.

So would your have been fine if they just added +1 speed and potency to every other character?

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    I believe that they ended up nerfing Poe way, way, way too far.

The reduced tenacity and reduced expose effectiveness would have been sufficient to make this character more balanced without removing it as a top tier hero.

Reducing Poe's speed by 1 makes him vulnerable to a whole variety of stun and status effects that previously were not fast enough to stop his taunt. Now many more heros can prevent Poe's taunt from being effective, even more so due to reduced tenacity.

Poe's max health was decent. It was reduced by a whopping 444. This is a huge loss for a tank character with taunt.

The combination of the above changes has resulted in Poe moving from a top tier character to a mid tier character. This does not represent balance. Poe obviously needed minor adjustments, but not this! His hp, speed and effects suggest he no longer should be classified as a tank at all!

Overall, I'm disappointed in the Poe changes.
  • HaloWars29
    279 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

You are forgetting that these are the "free" customers that came in for the air freshener - NOT the car, that are complaining.

The only ones complaining about the Poe nerf are the ones who invested time and MONEY on him. So pretty sure paying customers are the ones complaining. WHICH THEY HAVE FULL RIGHT TO DO SO, but most people who have been complaining so far has been extremely obnoxious while doing so.
  • Options
    I'm with OP, everybody was warned and knew poe was unbalanced hence the nerf to his gear. And guess what, his gear got nerfed and now everybody goes crazy? Get over yourselves there was nothing surprising about this nerf.
  • Options
    Glory wrote: »
    I believe that they ended up nerfing Poe way, way, way too far.

The reduced tenacity and reduced expose effectiveness would have been sufficient to make this character more balanced without removing it as a top tier hero.

Reducing Poe's speed by 1 makes him vulnerable to a whole variety of stun and status effects that previously were not fast enough to stop his taunt. Now many more heros can prevent Poe's taunt from being effective, even more so due to reduced tenacity.

Poe's max health was decent. It was reduced by a whopping 444. This is a huge loss for a tank character with taunt.

The combination of the above changes has resulted in Poe moving from a top tier character to a mid tier character. This does not represent balance. Poe obviously needed minor adjustments, but not this! His hp, speed and effects suggest he no longer should be classified as a tank at all!

Overall, I'm disappointed in the Poe changes.

You're one of the few people who actually argued the Poe nerf in a respectful way. Why can't everyone just do this!
    I don't have Poe, so I can't really give an opinion about him. I only faced him twice in arena(before update), lost both times...
    But everyone seems to be arguing your same point of view. So it does seem Poe may have been nerfed slightly too much. If enough people keep stating this opinion in the forums. It might make the devs reconsider +1 Poe's speed. But maybe a couple more days, a few more arena battles, should be given before making the complete assumption that Poe has been under balanced.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

This wasn't a direct nerf. So many chicken littles. His speed was reduced by one from 143 to 142. This is borderline irrelevant considering the larger changes to how speed works.
  • Options
    So glad I didn't get on the Poe train lmao rookies you knew it was coming stop complaining
  • Options
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    I'm with OP, everybody was warned and knew poe was unbalanced hence the nerf to his gear. And guess what, his gear got nerfed and now everybody goes crazy? Get over yourselves there was nothing surprising about this nerf.

What irritates me the most is that some people are asking for crystal refunds for crystals that were used to improve Poe. You were promised crystals with that purchase, and that is what you were given. What you do with them after is up to you. You're dissatisfied with the changes done to Poe, not with the quality of the crystals.
  • Options
    Being dissatisfied with a character you spent premium currency on is an acceptable reason to request a refund. Apple, and presumably Google, will full well accept a refund ticket based on a complaint over a perceived waste of premium currency used to advance a character that was significantly changed in a short period of time. Whether or not it is a good argument and if the refund is deserved or not is a moot point. You are assuming that the players will only deal with Capital Games' support team, and the values/directives they will use to derive a solution from. Ultimately, it is up to the company that runs the platform/marketplace for these games to decide. They well know how unscrupulous these mobile developers are, regardless of the profit it may bring them both. If someone wanted their money back over a simple microtransaction, a smart business wouldn't begrudge them it. Especially with how much they stand to lose in the grand scheme of things, if said customer makes no further purchases in any title, solely because of a poor consumer experience. For as many people will condemn or champion EA and Capital Games, it really doesn't matter for the people who are spending their money. It just comes down to whether or not they feel the money they spent was well worth it.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options

Cluttering it like nerf threads?
  • Options
    @Pure_Pazaak
    You get it. +10