For those angry about the "Silent" Poe nerf...

2Next

Replies

• Options
    If only the devs had stuck to the changes they announced they would be making to Poe or just mentioned he was being looked into without going into specifics, there wouldn't have been any problem. Of course some would be screaming beep murder but at least the devs wouldn't be accused of misleading the community.

I don't like what's happened and I hope the outcry will yield more honest communication in the future. Even zero communication is better than false advertising, right?

And, OP, go read up the change notes again. They had finalized and announced changes which were supposed to go live with the update. Thus, the term, stealth nerf.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Btw - Pie was nurfed as free customers complained, which in turn made paying customers blow a gasket (once their investment was lost) and rightfully so. -1 speed is a difference in being a turn 7 vs turn 8... Reading this I realize requesting a refund is a viable resource... Will try that and let u know how it went. Hopefully, once they return a few millions over disputed transactions they'll realize that "bait and switch" has never been an acceptable business practice regardless of how much pre-disclosure u provide.
  • Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »
    XCOM wrote: »
    Any nerf announce or unannounced is a ripoff. If u bought a car and a month later they came and took your rims because they were too nice/"shiny and obnoxious" what would you say/feel?

You forgot to mention that, before buying the car, the salesman clearly told me that they can change, add or remove anything about my car as they wish when ever they want. Cause that's how it is for video games.
    It's pretty much in every games ToS that the developers have full control of their game, and can potentially change anything about it at any time. So you have to know that everytime you buy additional content from games, they are always at risk of being changed. Fortunately for the consumer, most companies try to satisfy their customers and won't do any unneeded change to their game that makes theme unhappy.
    So if you do not like how Poe currently is, then voice your opinion. If he is in fact still unbalanced, then the majority of the forum community will agree, and theirs always the possibility that the devs will make further changes to him. If they don't, then customers walk out.
    Any nerf announce or unannounced is a ripoff. If u bought a car and a month later they came and took your rims because they were too nice/"shiny and obnoxious" what would you say/feel?

You forgot to mention that, before buying the car, the salesman clearly told me that they can change, add or remove anything about my car as they wish when ever they want. Cause that's how it is for video games.
    It's pretty much in every games ToS that the developers have full control of their game, and can potentially change anything about it at any time. So you have to know that everytime you buy additional content from games, they are always at risk of being changed. Fortunately for the consumer, most companies try to satisfy their customers and won't do any unneeded change to their game that makes theme unhappy.
    So if you do not like how Poe currently is, then voice your opinion. If he is in fact still unbalanced, then the majority of the forum community will agree, and theirs always the possibility that the devs will make further changes to him. If they don't, then customers walk out.

You are forgetting that these are the "free" customers that came in for the air freshener - NOT the car, that are complaining.

The only ones complaining about the Poe nerf are the ones who invested time and MONEY on him. So pretty sure paying customers are the ones complaining. WHICH THEY HAVE FULL RIGHT TO DO SO, but most people who have been complaining so far has been extremely obnoxious while doing so.

Those FTP may have invested 2 months in Poe too. This has nothing to do with one group vs the other. This abiut the right of CG to Kuriguri any char just because they can, in spite of rhoudans of people soending real money and a written commitment for no further nerfs broken and then taken lightly.
  • Options
    This abiut the right of CG to Kuriguri any char just because they can, in spite of rhoudans of people soending real money

I think your phone needs an exorcism. :*
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    The way they have handled the release of the past few changes just makes CG manpower seem very lacking. I don't doubt their good intentions in broadcasting changes and looking for feedback. Here's to hoping EA can really give them some more resources to work with, because a little more polish can go a long way to building loyalty in their client base.
  • Options
    Being dissatisfied with a character you spent premium currency on is an acceptable reason to request a refund. Apple, and presumably Google, will full well accept a refund ticket based on a complaint over a perceived waste of premium currency used to advance a character that was significantly changed in a short period of time. Whether or not it is a good argument and if the refund is deserved or not is a moot point. You are assuming that the players will only deal with Capital Games' support team, and the values/directives they will use to derive a solution from. Ultimately, it is up to the company that runs the platform/marketplace for these games to decide. They well know how unscrupulous these mobile developers are, regardless of the profit it may bring them both. If someone wanted their money back over a simple microtransaction, a smart business wouldn't begrudge them it. Especially with how much they stand to lose in the grand scheme of things, if said customer makes no further purchases in any title, solely because of a poor consumer experience. For as many people will condemn or champion EA and Capital Games, it really doesn't matter for the people who are spending their money. It just comes down to whether or not they feel the money they spent was well worth it.

Most large companies are more lenient than others when it comes to refunding any product that a customer may be dissatisfied with. So it wouldn't be surprising that players were actually reimbursed for their crystals that were spent on improving Poe. Like you mentioned, it's not smart for any business to dissatisfy their customers. But saying this is a viable reason to be refunded for your crystals, IMO, just doesn't seem very reasonable. They don't really have direct connections to one another. If one was not happy with the amount of energy that was able to be bought, or did not not think that the transaction between crystals and energy was fair enough. Then that would be a better reason to complain. But whatever, people will get what they want.
    Also, the idea that developers (or the company that owns them) are "unscrupulous", seems to be counterintuitive to me. Wouldn't they want to express an image that attracts consumers? I mean, I just don't see how any business would take that risk of unfair play just to earn more money. It's not like it won't be discovered. Although not everyone is smart, eventually someone will figure it out.
    I remember reading somewhere about a company that sells pain medication, who would sell different types that "specialized" on certain pains. One would be for head pain, another for back, etc. And they would all have different prices, some higher than others. But what it ended up being is the exact same medication all around, almost exactly alike! So they were selling the same product at a higher price just cause it had a different label. This type of unfair practice I'm sure would, if not eventually, will sooner or later be exposed. And after that, their business would fail.
    So wouldn't it be safe to assume that most businesses actually are trying to satisfy their customer, while also making a nice living off of it? Without having intentions that seem corrupt? Or are my expectations for people just too high?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    -1 speed is a difference in being a turn 7 vs turn 8... .

There is no longer such thing as a turn7 character

People should really interiorize that before keep tslking about the -1 speed to Poe.

Speed has changed. Even with 143 speed Poe could not taunt before Dooku, QGJ, Leia or Geo act
    Making Poe Speed 142 will make him lose vs Rey and that's it
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Basically, no one is complaining he got nerfed. I'm excited for a new meta. We're complaining that the character we spent time (and for some, money) will no longer be useful in PVP and has less viability in GW. So, basically we would like shards back to use towards a different character. I think this is perfectly reasonable. For those who say this is unreasonable, I hope they nerf your entire team and see how you feel about it then.

Finally, some people built there whole team around Poe (I.e. Droid teams). Other than Poggle and 86, the rest of the characters will need replacement, which will take months
  • Options
    Right now, this game is all about speed. They had 11 pages (or whatever) of patch notes and yet neglected to announce they would be changing how speed works and fixing speed leader abilities. Two huge changes people would have liked to have notice of. That is why so many people are upset.

You can say the speed leader ability was just a bug fix, but it was asked many times if it was a bug or intentional and I never saw an answer.

The speed change without notice is even more mind boggling. They would give us almost no info on how speed works. Stating only instincts guild was not correct (although it sure seemed correct), then just out of the blue change how it works?

I actually like both changes, there just should have been notice given.

As to xcom's ranting. If anything I think Poe being less useful hurts f2p way more then p2p. Poe gave f2p a chance against the p2p speed line ups.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Making Poe Speed 142 will make him lose vs Rey and that's it

To Rey, to both scout, and equal with Poggle.
  • Options
    Kaat wrote: »
    Right now, this game is all about speed. They had 11 pages (or whatever) of patch notes and yet neglected to announce they would be changing how speed works and fixing speed leader abilities. Two huge changes people would have liked to have notice of. That is why so many people are upset.

You can say the speed leader ability was just a bug fix, but it was asked many times if it was a bug or intentional and I never saw an answer.

The speed change without notice is even more mind boggling. They would give us almost no info on how speed works. Stating only instincts guild was not correct (although it sure seemed correct), then just out of the blue change how it works?

98% convinced that they didnt know it was broken, and they didnt know it was being fixed
  • Options
    Kaat wrote: »
    If anything I think Poe being less useful hurts f2p way more then p2p. Poe gave f2p a chance against the p2p speed line ups.

Absolutely. And the game loses its attractiveness, when chances to win against P2W players dissapear. Poe represented such a chance (small one, as p2w dps was better, but still there was a chance).

Now, if you don't have high-starred QGJ, Leia, Rey, FOTP and play against those who have (and those who have them at high stars now, are for the most part P2W), you lose. Previously, if you played well and also had some luck, you could still beat those teams (not all the time, but say 1 out of 3 or out of 4 times you could).
  • Options
    OP,
    I am not mad about the changes to gameplay. I am mad that these changes were not included in the update notes and the devs saying they would wait to make additional changes. If this had all been in the update notes I would have been happy.
  • Options
    Lots of the high speed chars are FTP. Mote than enough to make a team. Geo, QGJ, Rey, Dooku, Sid, Hoth Rebel Scout, Ackbar+Han, etc. Only Leia is P2P among the top fast damage dealers.
  • Options
    Stop NERFing... Give us an option to buy/earn more power... If money can buy stronger character more stars/gear playing field will be fair! Those that paid will enjoy their purchase, those that are FTP can spend their life in instead of money getting there. No reason why my $ should be turned to ashes so FTP complainers can keep "enjoying" their free ride! That's what's wrong with USA - everybody wants to enjoy piece of American pie without lifting a finger or spending a dime! "Entitlement"! So sickening...

With the new speed mechanics this really isn't much of of a nerf.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    No more speed tiers and leader speed actually works

Arena will be fast and more diverse

Droids will need lobot now because they are slow

My sid kylo phasma poe maul aoe the top droid player who lives in top 5 with him barly getting a shot off 4 times since update

I dont think i ever beat him before and once died in 35 secounds , my worst defeat

Health steal with AOE is amazing
  • Options
    Honestly the notes they released early, where exactly that early release notes subject to change. And I for one being a veteran gamer treated them as such. At the end of the day the only patch notes that matter are the actual PATCH NOTES, not courtesy notes releases.

I commend the dev team for giving us a heads up things were changing in advance! How ever I am not surprised that a few things were different between early release notes and patch day notes.

Everyone screaming fowl, this is a battle you should not win because there was no fowl.
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    EDIT: nevermind it's in another topic, my bad wooopsiiiiieeees
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    If you think because you spend money that the game can never be balanced and your characters nerfed let me show your sorry rear to the door. Poe teams are still viable; we just don't call them Poe teams anymore.