Thrawn Lead Ruined with AI "Upgrade"

2Next

Replies

• Sektor
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Agree to the problem. This is not a plain issue- it is changing the odds of a fight.
    @CG_Kozispoon can we get a reply on this? Please. I know u all are busy- but can we just get a short statement to this? Thx!!
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Every team in my top 20 arena shard with the exception of two Jedi teams use Nihilus. I am the only Thrawn lead NOT using Nihilus as far as I can tell. It's beyond annoying that I'm being penalized on defense for using more Empire toons with my Empire leader than everyone else.

The worst is facing a team with Zaul, Nihilus, DT, Thrawn, Sith Assassin. The three sith go first, Daze + cooldown reduction + fracture + another cooldown reduction. Was told by buddy by the time my teams' specials finished cooldown, they all wasted another turn cleansing themselves of health down. Then Nihilus already has his one shot kill ready and DT is already lobbing another cool down grenade. You could auto that battle 100 times and my team will lose soundly every time due to the A.I.

When I battle him, I win on offense because I have the sense to not use the dang self cleanse right away.
  • Options
    This was the last straw for me, a new update released with pointless bug fixes for dead characters and Thrawn's lead remains broken.

I have no interest in pursuing the game further or paying for another level/gear up.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
  • Sektor
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Dunno why they ignore us.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    This was the last straw for me, a new update released with pointless bug fixes for dead characters and Thrawn's lead remains broken.

I have no interest in pursuing the game further or paying for another level/gear up.

I'm saddened that you quit. I'll miss ya mang.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »

I'm saddened that you quit. I'll miss ya mang.

I feel the same.
    The bad AI spoils serious players' efforts like him.
  • Options
    I dont have thrawn, but you guys will be missed, just not by disney/ea
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • cheater
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Such an irony for EA to say 'fair' and 'luck' , AI definitely destroyed PVP battles but those PIC(s) neglect the fact at all. If u had no way to make PVP battles fairly, it is assured that cancellation of PVP battles is the only way to be FAIR.
  • Options
    Sadly, Thrawn has basically become a hasbeen as a leader. He works great as a secondary. Or in other words, with Chaze. :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Isnt he still great in raids?
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Isnt he still great in raids?

he's also still a great lead, just not as great as he would have been if empire allies didn't favour maneuver over specials.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sektor
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Well - this topic is issued for weeks now- no reaction what so ever ! Sad but true. But instead of fixing the only real toon which makes empire real good in arena we get a third rebel han, a second rebel leia and a new rebel luke.
    No need to say anything more.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs please get this escalated to be addressed before Luke launch. We know you're all very busy, but this needs to be addressed. Thank you.

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Any update at all?
  • Options
    In the gap between the awesome Commander Luke event and whatever major event occurs next, can we please get some feedback regarding the AI's use of maneuver under thrawn lead please?

Empire allies should use their innate skills before using 'maneuver.'

Also, while your digging at his skills, give Grand Admiral's Command priority usage. Followed by Fractured. Then when all else is on CD, 'maneuver.'

• Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    In the gap between the awesome Commander Luke event and whatever major event occurs next, can we please get some feedback regarding the AI's use of maneuver under thrawn lead please?

Empire allies should use their innate skills before using 'maneuver.'

Also, while your digging at his skills, give Grand Admiral's Command priority usage. Followed by Fractured. Then when all else is on CD, 'maneuver.'

+1 so many people invested in empire and it feels half ****** to leave the star player unfinished while counters to empire are being released.

Please finish the job so we can enjoy empire while it's still relevant.

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Hello. Just a friendly reminder that I haven't forgotten about this.
  • hS_
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Would be great to get fix on this since he kinda needs to be the leader to do his DS cleansing job.
  • Options
    @Nebulous

I agree that using Maneuver over a special first is bad for some toons but for Storm and Shore, it would cripple them if they taunted before removing buff immunity (which CLS always inflicts on them).

I think this would have to be changed for attackers and supports but not for tanks?

What are your thoughts on that?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @Nebulous

I agree that using Maneuver over a special first is bad for some toons but for Storm and Shore, it would cripple them if they taunted before removing buff immunity (which CLS always inflicts on them).

I think this would have to be changed for attackers and supports but not for tanks?

What are your thoughts on that?

This is an issue I was thinking about too. I use shore but not storm. But they have similar problems. However, We can't expect them to separate handles of the skill. We'd need a universal approach.

The problem is, maneuver was lowest priority BEFORE the fix. So that shouldn't have changed. It should still be last. I will always want tarkin to use IT into UF before he cleansed himself. Also, id always want dt to aoe cleanse before he uses maneuver. Basically, I want maneuver priority back to how it was.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It's been long enough. Please adjust 'maneuver' skill's priority to be after all uniques are on cooldown. This will provide an alternative to rebels.

Or perhaps, we can have 'maneuver' grant 70% tm instead of 50%. This effectively allows thrawn teams that use shore to get 100% tm from
    Using the skill. This will allow empire to use their uniques after maneuver without Passing their first turn. To compensate for the tm gain, increase the cooldown by 1 turn.
    Post edited by Nebulous on
  • Nikarah
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I definitely want to keep thrawns cleanser. Its an excellent method to cycle Cooldowns.
    However, they REALLY need to make the turnmeter gain from debuffs NOT APPLY DURING TAUNTS. I have a very, very fast thrawn lead empire team, and the retaliates inclict a lot of debuffs, cyclong up shores turnmeter. If CLS is there, hes probably stunnrd. And then i lose my tank. That needs to change. Don't gain turnmeter from debuffs while taunting.
    @CG_Kozispoon
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Nikarah wrote: »
    I definitely want to keep thrawns cleanser. Its an excellent method to cycle Cooldowns.
    However, they REALLY need to make the turnmeter gain from debuffs NOT APPLY DURING TAUNTS. I have a very, very fast thrawn lead empire team, and the retaliates inclict a lot of debuffs, cyclong up shores turnmeter. If CLS is there, hes probably stunnrd. And then i lose my tank. That needs to change. Don't gain turnmeter from debuffs while taunting.
    @CG_Kozispoon

This issue we are fighting for is for defense AI. You can do whatever you want on offense with maneuver.

On defense however, ai should prioritize other skills first. Since you like cd cycle with maneuver, the defense ai will use maneuver first so there will be no specials on cooldown when they use it. Essentially, they trade away the first turn advantage on defense and that is too huge to really argue against.

Alter priorities of maneuver to be last or increase maneuver's tm gain from 50% to 70% so empire units will gain 100% when using it anyway.

As far as tm gains from debuffs while taunting, it's actually really good for Shore. He is able to use his taunt much more often and the tm gains will speed him to his turn again after he is dispelled so he can taunt, heal and crit immune everyone.
  • Options
    As the only empire lead that can act as a "rebel" dispelling rebuffs please @CG_Kozispoon & @CG_RyDiggs fix the issue.
  • Options
    If they make the changes you guys are talking about then Empire under Thrawn will effectively have no taunting tanks.
  • Options
    If they make the changes you guys are talking about then Empire under Thrawn will effectively have no taunting tanks.

I'm an empire fan as much as you are, but you are wrong.

I proposed two changes: give maneuver lowest priority or allow maneuver to grant 70% tm instead of 50%.

You are focused only on shore and storm using taunt if they have buff block. They obviously don't lose their ability to taunt simply with our changes.

That being said, buff block can be applied after they used maneuver and before they use taunt anyway. There can't be a guarante they will have a cleanse available. On offense you can do what you want--So it's not a big deal. On defense however, shore will cleanse defense down or tenacity down without taunting. So then, you have no crit immunity and no taunt until his turn again. He should prioritize taunt even if he occasionally uses it with buff block. We can't control for all situations, but we can mitigate it.

Now the 70% (100% with thrawn present and shore taunting) tm gain will allow heroes like tarkin and dt to actually use their specials on the opening salvo instead of pass their turn even if they decide to cleanse 'health down'. Shore would gain 85% so he can get to his taunt quicker. This is a benefit to all.

Please try not to focus on just one possible scenario and look at the bigger picture: empire heroes suffer from using maneuver first. Tarkin can move back-to-back (IT into UF) if he doesn't use maneuver first. Which do you think is better? Dt can aoe cleanse or +1 cd instead of maneuver. Any tank who is cleansing anything other than buff block is wasting their turn.

Maneuver had lowest priority before the fracture change. There was no issues. We could control who went next and make our opening moves game changing. Now we cannot control what defense ai does. This is a significant change.