[Mega] Game Update 7/5/2017 & Ewok Pass Details

Replies

• Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    Options
    They've given us 4 game updates the past 4 working days with another one coming today, including on a new game mode. It was a long weekend in the US, so maybe we can give them a little time to breath :) They're clearly making more of an the effort to increase communication, so let's let them do that!
  • Options
    Well, they said it would be a VERY SHORT rework.
    Possibly, that was all :)
    Hopefully not. :)
    Guys it is still just 5th of july.
    We have plenty of time.
    I expect, any possible new toon would come next thursday as a marquee event.
    Probably not sooner. (marquee events come usually on thursdays).
    I think some of the community became a bit impatient after the disappointment of the last month. (it depends, i wasnt disappointed at all not getting thrawn).
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm probably being a tad impatient. But I'm trying to keep my hype level up. Thrawn was "meh" to me and this Territory game mode just sounds "ok." Obviously it could be the greatest thing ever, but the little info they gave us really didn't do it for me.

So I figured Ewok info would help since it's more RIGHT NOW than IN THE FUTURE.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Tuesday. We'll get info, for sure.

Tuesday July 25th.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Actually Jesse said more info this week. Probably tomorrow night.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

I want ALL the info on the Ewok stuff. The game mode can be pieced out because I highly doubt that's coming anytime soon. But the Ewok stuff...all.
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

.....Thanks, dev(s), for your impending response.

Hope you got a lot of time on your hands!

• Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

I want ALL the info on the Ewok stuff. The game mode can be pieced out because I highly doubt that's coming anytime soon. But the Ewok stuff...all.

Valid Claim
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Iyaoyas wrote: »

.....Thanks, dev(s), for your impending response.

Hope you got a lot of time on your hands!

Meh. Sometimes when they are about to release info they respond to threads such as these.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    The Phoenix Squad rollout was a monthlong event, too. It weirdly started midmonth, though... That could be what's happening.

That or since it's only 4 existing characters and potentially one or two new characters, it might nit even be a full month's rollout.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    That's cool, but when are we going to get more info?

Thanks, dev(s), for your impending response.
    VoVVG_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=starbucksq42016&l=search&f=.gif
    Today in fact! Go give those Game Update notes a looksee

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    That's cool, but when are we going to get more info?

Thanks, dev(s), for your impending response.
    VoVVG_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=starbucksq42016&l=search&f=.gif
    Today in fact! Go give those Game Update notes a looksee

SUCCESS! I'll go have a looksee. Thanks!

See, @Iyaoyas ?
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn has been done for nearly 2 weeks now and we've gotten nothing new. This game is way too big to go without content. There should be something rolling out each week, even if it's just double drops to get me to log in.
  • Tuscan21
    514 posts Member
    Options
    But he can cleanse himself from daze
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Well, that was MOST of what I wanted @CG_Kozispoon , especially since it's hinted at new toons. When do we get the other half of that update?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    If he's stunned or dazed he can't gain tm. Meaning no one else can gain tm. It's not in the description of mine yet so I'd say that's an outright nerf

Stagger and stun don't impact tm gains. Of course he can't gain the tm from his basic if he is stunned. He can't even basic.

Daze and shock do prevent tm gains, so these would impact him.

I remember it always being 50% tm gain. I guess I could be wrong. I did use him for a long time.

So essentially, if he was "nerfed" (I really don't think he was changed) it's 5% to him and 2.5% to others. Not game breaking. Him not giving tm to his ewoks when he fails to grant himself tm seems like wai. Half of 0 is 0. So if he was granting 25/27.5 tm while he gained 0, this was busted and should have been fixed.

"He can't even basic" just struck me as the silliest millenial girl thing that anyone could say. Kudos to you, I see what you're saying, but definitely worth a laugh.

On topic: sorry about the elder

When I typed those words, I thought fixing it, but said nah! As far as elder, nothing was really done to him. He is just fixed. So no need to be sorry.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    They changed the "profile pictures" of the Ewoks, too. Nice touch. :)
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Perfect timing. As always. :)
  • Lovesword
    204 posts Member
    Options
    "I really hope they upgrade/faction pass Ewoks next!" - no one. ever.
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Teebo no changes
    Elder better heal and revives and reduced cool downs
    Scout more dps, assist call and crit synergy
    Chirpa mass assist call rework
  • Options
    The faction pass is kewl, but why do all ewoks look photoshopped. The abilities look better, but the shard image is just....weird.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Mattikin
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Weird, I just got the update but now prices are showing in US dollars as opposed to GBP. I checked though, it is billing in GBP still though so no discounts :)
  • AKnightWhoSaysNi
    29 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So with the update I've got to omega an ability on Teebo that I already had omega'd without getting my omegas back that I already used. That's some ****
  • Dro1dm0de
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Chirpa looks like something out of a Marilyn Manson video now
  • Options
    I was hoping for a 5th to round out the team I run Rey or R2 w them right now what's the deal?
  • Options
    Unfortunate?
    It is weird though since it isnt that much of a difference compared to the pre rework abilities.
    It would be fair if they just leave your upgrade level as it is.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Huh? What are you talking about?

I didn't lose any upgrades abilities.
  • Dro1dm0de
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. Faction pass pointless without 5th
  • Corjo3
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Can someone post the old and new Ewok designs here so we can really compare them? Just for fun!
  • Options
    I'm wondering if the developers have ever seen a Star Wars movie, or read a novel. In the first Aftermath book, it's said that ewoks are now more commonly known as companion animals for soldiers with ptsd. Well, it's not called ptsd, but having issues after the war. The weakest characters in the actual stories, are the strongest in the game. Wedge is a good example. He's a good pilot, but not stronger than a Jedi.