The Galactic war podcast broke some news!

Prev1
Vargask
14 posts Member
I highly recommend this podcast! The two guys and sometimes gal are professional and humourous at the same time.
Check it out and give em a review!

https://radiofreetatooine.com/galactic-war-report-episode-64-with-jesse-justin-from-eacg/

Replies

• Vargask
    14 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    These are my rough notes so please listen yourself for the full context.

Jesse mentioned that one of the new ewoks will have a leader ability. So 7 ewoks and 3 leaders among them. Plenty of combos.

For commander Luke they mentioned that they want to make this event more EPIC in scale than the legendary events like EP and Yoda. Sooo difficulty ramp? non linear path to unlock?

-Still not sure if he's a Jedi. Argument for not being one. He can use a lightsaber but hasn't underwent his jedi training. Money's on him being just a rebel. Just a guess but Bespin Luke will be a jedi/rebel. How epic would it be to have the final stage when Luke is against Vader out on the platform

Territory battles
    -Certain characters will get bonuses on hoth.
    Hoth rebel soldier! Snowtrooper. Veers!
    -When you light up an area of the map that will unlock a certain part of your collection to use!!
    - Strategic areas>>Certain areas may have things like ion cannons or shield generators which will bonuses to your forces as one would expect ( imo ion cannon increases power against ships
    -Guild Vs Environment!
    -Earn territory battle specific currency
    Going to give players time to prepare for territory battle not rush it out like thrawn.

Bonuses
    They are thinking about guild Vs guild for the future. Get your design ideas into CG! Maybe get a job out of it!

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, territory battles looks fun. Thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the cliff notes.

Commander Luke Skywalker is a Jedi Padawan but not a Jedi Knight yet, so assuming it's a new toon and not a reskin/rework of farm luke, he'll have the same tags (no Jedi tag) but will have Anakins lightsaber. I'm also assuming he'll have synergy with Hoth Han, Leia, Soldier & Scout.

Also, I think by epic they probably mean the sheer volume and length of the event. EP, Yoda, R2 & Thrawn were all 7 battles. I'm assuming Heroes Journey will be more then just 7 battles.
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Calling it now you will need 5 legendaries to unlock jedi luke
  • Options
    Luke needs wiggs synergies!
  • Options
    Thanks for the notes. Excited for the new game mode. I think Jedi Luke/luke with a light saber is the last Luke we will be able to get. What I want to know is - Jedi luke toon morphing into all these different lukes or will we have 5+ Lukes when it's all said and done.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Options
    It wasn't perfect, but before I uninstalled Pixxel's 'Dragons' game I thought the guild v guild mode was very clever.
    You were matched against a guild and you then chose which of your players would battle their players, you could use your top players to zerg mid or lower lvls, but would then fall short on taking out there top players, was quite strategic to assign who fights who. As I said not perfect, but I am sure EA/CG have better dev resources then Pixxel to throw at refining something like that.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this. Really good info.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    My guild v guild suggestion is a space battle, with no assigned match times but rather a system that gives you the ability to start matchmaking when it's convenient for you. Something like this:

1) Guild starts matchmaking

2) Match achieved, battle in 1 hour

3) Phase 1 begins. Guild starships send out boarding parties. Members choose whether to attack a defending team. Any units lost on either side are permanent losses for the battle (lose GK in boarding party, you don't have him later).

4) Members also choose what locations to repel boarders from on their own ship, and what squad to use there.

5) Both sides may also launch a starfighter squadron. Starfighters dogfight (think space battle on auto) while boarding actions happen. The victor of the dogfight will assault the enemy ship

6) The officers of the guild have control over starship systems. Shields, turbolaser banks, and anti-starfighter lasers, as well as engines. These systems can have power distributed between them ranging from 400% power to one, to 100% on each. Turbolasers steadily attack the enemy shields and armor. Lasers diminish starfighter runs that attack. Shields protect against damage. And engines provide maneuverability and a chance to evade some damage.

7) Boarding parties that are victorious against defenders of their system can temporarily disable that system. While the immediate effects of that are obvious (no turbo = no damage to my ship), the power can be redirected by officers to other areas. In addition, officers can issue an order to fix a system. If the attacker left their squad there, a battle will ensue with a PvE squad, upgradable over time for its owners. If not, the system will be repaired in a set amount of time.

8) Attackers may also attempt to breach the reactor. Doing so successfully will cause total system loss to the ship. This is still repairable, but obviously has bigger ramifications. Reaching the defenders of this system will require a progression of fights against upgradable PvE teams that will cause lasting damage to attackers.

9) Officers may direct turbolaser fire at certain other systems, including shields, turbolasers, and the bridge. Any system destroyed this way will be lost for the remainder of the battle. A bridge loss will prevent further issuing of orders from officers.

10) After either side loses their starship, the battle is over.

Ideally, this would be worked out in a way similar to raids in top guilds, where there is an agreed upon time to start the battles, and everyone makes it.
  • Options

Commander Luke Skywalker is a Jedi Padawan but not a Jedi Knight yet, so assuming it's a new toon and not a reskin/rework of farm luke, he'll have the same tags (no Jedi tag) but will have Anakins lightsaber. I'm also assuming he'll have synergy with Hoth Han, Leia, Soldier & Scout.

Also, I think by epic they probably mean the sheer volume and length of the event. EP, Yoda, R2 & Thrawn were all 7 battles. I'm assuming Heroes Journey will be more then just 7 battles.

Why not a jedi tag? Ahsoka Tano (non-fulcrum) has a Jedi tag, and she was never above padawan, same with Barriss (unless Barriss got secretly promoted before she went to jail). Ezra and Kanan are also tagged as Jedi but I don't think there is mention as to whether Kanan was still a padawan or was a knight when Order 66 hit. Also does not mention if Ezra has up to this point become a Jedi Knight or is still a Padawan (I'd lean toward padawan)
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ceodoc wrote: »
    It wasn't perfect, but before I uninstalled Pixxel's 'Dragons' game I thought the guild v guild mode was very clever.
    You were matched against a guild and you then chose which of your players would battle their players, you could use your top players to zerg mid or lower lvls, but would then fall short on taking out there top players, was quite strategic to assign who fights who. As I said not perfect, but I am sure EA/CG have better dev resources then Pixxel to throw at refining something like that.

That only really works if guilds are fairly evenly matched, so you'll need a reasonable match making system (guild arena?) It'll also probably mean that the top X of all medium guilds (able to kill hAAT, but not very serious) will leave their guild to join bigger and better guilds, and there is no clear way to gain rank in this guild arena: as soon as someone in your guild is strong enough, he'll get frustrated in this mediocre guild and simply jump rank, leaving him a bit better off and your guild slightly worse off.

The only real way to combat this from happening is by rewarding participation over excellence, thus allowing a guild to grow all together if they all participate. In other words, the reward system is more like hAAT rewards (the top get more kenobi shards and a better loot box, but after that it tapers off very very slowly, and kenobi shards are stable all the way to the bottom) than arena rewards.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Corrog wrote: »
    My guild v guild suggestion is a space battle, with no assigned match times but rather a system that gives you the ability to start matchmaking when it's convenient for you. Something like this:

3) Phase 1 begins. Guild starships send out boarding parties. Members choose whether to attack a defending team. Any units lost on either side are permanent losses for the battle (lose GK in boarding party, you don't have him later).

4) Members also choose what locations to repel boarders from on their own ship, and what squad to use there.

5) Both sides may also launch a starfighter squadron. Starfighters dogfight (think space battle on auto) while boarding actions happen. The victor of the dogfight will assault the enemy ship

6) The officers of the guild have control over starship systems. Shields, turbolaser banks, and anti-starfighter lasers, as well as engines. These systems can have power distributed between them ranging from 400% power to one, to 100% on each. Turbolasers steadily attack the enemy shields and armor. Lasers diminish starfighter runs that attack. Shields protect against damage. And engines provide maneuverability and a chance to evade some damage.

7) Boarding parties that are victorious against defenders of their system can temporarily disable that system. While the immediate effects of that are obvious (no turbo = no damage to my ship), the power can be redirected by officers to other areas. In addition, officers can issue an order to fix a system. If the attacker left their squad there, a battle will ensue with a PvE squad, upgradable over time for its owners. If not, the system will be repaired in a set amount of time.

8) Attackers may also attempt to breach the reactor. Doing so successfully will cause total system loss to the ship. This is still repairable, but obviously has bigger ramifications. Reaching the defenders of this system will require a progression of fights against upgradable PvE teams that will cause lasting damage to attackers.

9) Officers may direct turbolaser fire at certain other systems, including shields, turbolasers, and the bridge. Any system destroyed this way will be lost for the remainder of the battle. A bridge loss will prevent further issuing of orders from officers.

Ideally, this would be worked out in a way similar to raids in top guilds, where there is an agreed upon time to start the battles, and everyone makes it.

You just copied this from force collection didnt you?
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, especially the cliffnotes ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Why not a jedi tag? Ahsoka Tano (non-fulcrum) has a Jedi tag, and she was never above padawan, same with Barriss (unless Barriss got secretly promoted before she went to jail). Ezra and Kanan are also tagged as Jedi but I don't think there is mention as to whether Kanan was still a padawan or was a knight when Order 66 hit. Also does not mention if Ezra has up to this point become a Jedi Knight or is still a Padawan (I'd lean toward padawan)

Ahsoka and Barriss both had years of extensive training and study at that point. Luke was handed a lightsaber, and told to trust in the force.

Kanan was a Padawan during order 66, but is a true Jedi Knight when his character is taken from(Season 3). Ezra is a Jedi Padawan.

Luke never really gets a true Padawan stage, he goes camping in a swamp for a few days.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    Bt_7274 wrote: »

You just copied this from force collection didnt you?

No, not at all. You'll notice there's no random chance to disable systems, and there's assigned defensive squads. RNG can butt out of my guild v guild, lol :)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Seltgar wrote: »
    Calling it now you will need 5 legendaries to unlock jedi luke

I fthis is the case than that sucks because of the rushed release of Thrawn that mistake will be carried over if Thrawn is required to unlock Luke, unless Thrawn's event returns before Luke's event.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Agree, Bespin/Rebel Luke should have a Jedi and Rebel tag for sure.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    If Hoth Soldier gets a bonus, are they going to make him easier to farm?
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Magic 8 ball says "don't count on it"
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

Agree, Bespin/Rebel Luke should have a Jedi and Rebel tag for sure.

The commander luke they are talking about is from the battle of Hoth, not the battle with Vader. I wouldn't give Commander like the Jedi tag but I'd give it to Bespin/Rebel luke since he has already done exstensive training with Yoda.
  • ljcool110
    501 posts Member
    Options
    That was a good listen - glad I saw the link on Discord!
  • Options
    If Commander Luke doesnt have the jedi tag I will be extremely surprised and disappointed.
    I mean, Barriss, AT and Ezra were at the most padawans - which, by definition, is somebody who is going through Jedi training.
    The same thing happens to Luke, except his teachers were "only" OBI and Yoda (granted, only after Hoth).
    A guy is making fun of the fact that he was handed a lightsaber and told to "trust the Force". Well man, newsflash for you, that does qualify as training. And it worked, cause the guy blew up a freaking Death Star.
    So yeah, jedi tag for Luke is a must - the only non jedi iteration should be Farmer Luke, as is.
  • Options

SWFC player?
  • Options
    Bert_298 wrote: »

SWFC player?

Highly likely.
  • Vargask
    14 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

The advantage it gives units specific to hoth won't be game breaking they said. Think like the bonuses jawas and jedi get in aat. I'd say if a player still haven't seven starred quality characters like TFP and wiggs then leave off on hoth rebel soldier :wink:
  • Vargask
    14 posts Member
    Options
    If Commander Luke doesnt have the jedi tag I will be extremely surprised and disappointed.
    I mean, Barriss, AT and Ezra were at the most padawans - which, by definition, is somebody who is going through Jedi training.
    The same thing happens to Luke, except his teachers were "only" OBI and Yoda (granted, only after Hoth).
    A guy is making fun of the fact that he was handed a lightsaber and told to "trust the Force". Well man, newsflash for you, that does qualify as training. And it worked, cause the guy blew up a freaking Death Star.
    So yeah, jedi tag for Luke is a must - the only non jedi iteration should be Farmer Luke, as is.

Id love a top tier Jedi! Jedi is by far my strongest team. I've put the I think they could give him a ship though. If he was a rebel he wouldn't be victim to the anti jedi characters. I trust in the Devs decision.
    Could there be 3 more Luke's? Jedi Master Luke. Jedi Knight Luke and what would Bespin luke be called? Avenger Luke? Jedi Luke? I wonder is there something Yoda or Obi wan refers to Luke as when he's going to Bespin
  • Options

Complex , but nice

Some changes could be that not only guild officers, but any one chosen by the leader to be 'Crew' is on the flagship. For defense you could have a set team that just stays there, and you can send reinforcements. You could have that there is a comms relay, that can be destroyed to have a 1 minute cooldown before you can send a repair crew. And power redirection should be there, so that you can redirect all power to shields while you repair your engine and so on. For the dogfights, there should be a bonus phase for the winners of more than 5 dogfights: Assault, in which you have to externally takedown parts of the flagship. Squadron leaders should be able to decide whether to go in or not. And add hangars, where you destroy enemy pilots and ships.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options

Complex , but nice

Some changes could be that not only guild officers, but any one chosen by the leader to be 'Crew' is on the flagship. For defense you could have a set team that just stays there, and you can send reinforcements. You could have that there is a comms relay, that can be destroyed to have a 1 minute cooldown before you can send a repair crew. And power redirection should be there, so that you can redirect all power to shields while you repair your engine and so on. For the dogfights, there should be a bonus phase for the winners of more than 5 dogfights: Assault, in which you have to externally takedown parts of the flagship. Squadron leaders should be able to decide whether to go in or not. And add hangars, where you destroy enemy pilots and ships.

It's almost exactly how it works in star wars force collection. Certainly not a new idea and it wasn't fun over there, either.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    Dretzle wrote: »

Complex , but nice

It's almost exactly how it works in star wars force collection. Certainly not a new idea and it wasn't fun over there, either.

It has similarities to SWFC, to be sure, and you're right that it wasn't that fun there. But there are some key differences.

1) Guild induced matchmaking, rather than arbitrarily assigned matchmaking slots.

2) Members choose which enemy/system to battle against. As opposed to SWFC's RNG reliant mess.

3) Members choose where to assign defensive squads, thereby choosing which systems they'd like to strategize around having operational. As opposed to the RNG reliant mess mentioned previously.

4) Starfighter dogfight is less of a jousting match followed by an arrow barrage, and instead is more of a starfighter engagement. Only one side will get a starfighter assault through to the capital ship, if any ships make it at all.

5) You can strategize around which systems to use and which ones to leave without power. 400% turbo or 0%, it's your choice. As opposed to fixed values used in SWFC.

6) Turbo can be fired at individual systems, rather than simply the vessel as a whole.

7) A tougher boarding run can result in total power loss on the enemy ship. There's no analogue for that in SWFC.

8) Turbo can disable the bridge, eliminating commands being issued. There is no analogue for this in SWFC.

There's a fun base idea to LaW in SWFC, one I think I capture with this system. But there are major differences.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Judging by the forums, there r many ppl that don't understand mods/sets, synergy, character effects that occur 4 them and vs. them which contain a 3-line description.

This would b like asking a monkey to do calculus.