Looking for First Order Guidance

Prev1
Enye164
267 posts Member
Early on, I was ambitious to Farm for FO shard collections to use as my main Squad Arena main line up. I was only hooked to the StarWars Universe due to Episode VII: the Force Awakens.

As I was an inexperienced youngling in a world of Level85 Players and Zeta's, I worked hard and endured sleepless nights and energy refreshes to work my way up the ranks. (tbh, I take pride on working harder kn SWGoH than my Thesis, lol)

That said, I've learned to readjust my mindset, now, I seek guidance from the still more experienced veteran SWGOH players, as I am still using FO characters but, hybrid-ed synergy to other characters (toons as we call it in our guild).

Right now, im using Phazma lead, Zylo, both @gearXI, maxed out kits + FOOfficer @gearX maxed out kits, ZBobaFett @gearXI pimped out too (only 240speed though, no speed mods yets), aaaand I'm ashamed of my last member, Mace (yes Mace) Windu @Gear X, kits not Maxed out since I plan on replacing him for Darth Nihilus soon. (I use Mace still because DH is still @Gear8, 5*, and I'm an F2P player so the early free shards for Mace helped a lot, and I use him in Ships)

so far, I'm comfortably within Top20-3, highest I got was Rank1 but (you pick your moments), my average rank position would probably be on the 20th, but in my worse days when the RNGods are against me, I place 30-50.

Humblebrag or NotABigDeal aside, I was wondering if there are other avenues I might not have looked up upon?

My FOStormTrooper sits at Gear9, 52/100 to 7*, but as Thrawn and Nihilus are upon us, I've decided to cut my losses and prioritize Thrawn/Nihilus more than FOST. (for GW 12 nodes' consistent completion)

My FOTiePilot sits at 6*, Gear8, and I've decided to not use a full on FO squad until they reach 7* and Gear10 or better.

Till then, I'm utilizing Boba and Nihilus.

Any other clever variance in FO Hybrid Line Ups?

thank you.

Replies

• Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    " I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me? "
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Could drop stormtrooper for gen Ken, keep the taunter while giving a cleanse, foresight, and mass assist
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    wooould be a good idea if I can unlock him.

we're a young guild, still can't battle Haat raids as of now
  • LCplRoss
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Pure f2p i run zets cpt ph, fotp,fost, zylo, and 5s (built him up when everything was about counters) works well enough but massacred on defense. Working on full max fo and praying they get another great toon or 2 with last jedi.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    Dump the first order idea if you are keen on arena.

Farm is too long, and four ZETAS to boot.

For a team that

A. Can't hold on defense, at all

B. Is an RNG dice roll on offense

C. Good for a few million P2 HAAT

D. Fun to play when RNG has assists going crazy

..... That's about it though. And for FOUR ZETAS! I regret it.
  • Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Dump the first order idea if you are keen on arena.

Farm is too long, and four ZETAS to boot.

For a team that

A. Can't hold on defense, at all

B. Is an RNG dice roll on offense

C. Good for a few million P2 HAAT

D. Fun to play when RNG has assists going crazy

..... That's about it though. And for FOUR ZETAS! I regret it.

Little more accurate on this statement is
    A. True
    B. Solid on Offense no matter what you face short Zaul teams ( which unless you run R2, is rng for anyone )
    C. Bit more then a few Mill for sure
    D. Fun to play, heartbreaking some days to see how far you fell overnight. ( see statement A. )
  • Options
    I ran a FO hybrid similar to yours, with about the same rank. As soon I switched to full FO I was able to make top 10 and have been able to take 1st at payout since I got Phasma's Zeta, unless I am busy and unable to battle.

While it's true that they are not the best on defense, none of the squads in arena are able to stay in top 10, everyone is able to win on offense. However, I haven't fallen further than 20, and personally I love being able to slaughter triple cleanse and Wiggs teams, and only lose to Zaul if RNG is really unkind. Also, Zaul is disappearing, so that is less of a factor.

I'm part of a FO discussion on Discord and while we agree that the AI doesn't know how to use them, and there are a few folks that apparently are so dissatisfied that they go around spreading FO hate (see above), almost everyone agrees they are one of the most enjoyable teams to run.
    People regularly post 3 mil plus in P2 Haat as well.

I personally can't recommend them enough, and am almost done farming materials for my fourth zeta. I wasn't expecting much based on all the negativity I had heard in the forums, and I have been pleasantly surprised at how well they do. As long as you're not expecting any miracles, and understand it takes all four Zeta's for them to celebrate together completely for Raids, I'd day to for it.

Also, people have repeatedly tried to sub in GK, it doesn't help on defense and might even hurt on offense. They are definitely a full synergy type of squad.
  • Options
    Replace FOO with thrawn and you will be most pleased.
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    @ tharduskafka and Syth_Hunter:

Thanks for the insights! Grand Admiral Thrawn is perfect for all occasions i believe that. I simply do not have him anywhere near GearX (at least) for Arena. (i do sub him in @ GW and ive been consistently clearing all 12 nodes, btw, just finished the "complete 150GW campaign wins" and it's all thanks to Thrawn.) Also, a lot of the "unique" toons ingame share soooo many Mk3 Carbanti Sensor Array gears!! so, since im a f2p player, i chose DarthNihilus as a replacement for (Mace) lol

having said all that, my FO tiePilot and FO stormtrooper are still in gear 8 and gear 9 respectively, both @ 6stars turning 7*.

i plan on figuring out an efficient hybrid lineup for FO faction. Having exactly just five FO units is very limiting. i still do believe on the advantages they post outweighing the disadvantages.

@everyone: yes, i do observe theyre lacking in Defense and survivability (unlike Chaze teams or R2D2 infused teams). With the lineup im running, im mostly avoiding ZMaul leads, and the rest are fair game.

Note, I'm still using Mace Windu (jedi disadvantage, and slow as heckkk) soooo, i figured i'd try and use Darth Nihilus once i get him to GearX at least. Im at 62/85, been farming him via crystals (since i place top 10 top 5 on a good day and at most top 20 on a terrible one) Our Arena Roster might be weaker than the veteran players' but , hey, these are my results.

ive grown to love this game now! it teaches you about management in some weird but useful ways, lol
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    I find it hard to replace FOO in a FO lineup. There's sooo many creative ways to utilize his kits, BUT, the glaringly obvious glass cannon state FOO posseses could really take a bad turn on a bad RNG against my favor, lol ! I tried mitigating it with Defensive stats for its mods.

my FOOfficer is at: 18k health, 17k protection, 195 speed, 86%potency, 43%tenacity. (it could be better built for more defense, but im working with what mods i get to unlock and roll.)

my theory is, get PhaZma and FOO's health&protection up : planning on getting them %protection in Holo-Array mods [triangular mods] just to be able to utilize more Advantage and survivability.

Kylo Ren is my pride and joy! Boba is my MVP, kindof like Curry and Durant. lol

i thought about zeta-ing FOstormtrooper, but, its even MORE Carbantis and im prioritizing Nihilus nd Thrawn anyways, so i scrapped the project. (but im still collecting FO shards to 7* for the lulz)
  • Options
    Enye164 wrote: »
    I find it hard to replace FOO in a FO lineup. There's sooo many creative ways to utilize his kits, BUT, the glaringly obvious glass cannon state FOO posseses could really take a bad turn on a bad RNG against my favor, lol ! I tried mitigating it with Defensive stats for its mods.

my FOOfficer is at: 18k health, 17k protection, 195 speed, 86%potency, 43%tenacity. (it could be better built for more defense, but im working with what mods i get to unlock and roll.)

my theory is, get PhaZma and FOO's health&protection up : planning on getting them %protection in Holo-Array mods [triangular mods] just to be able to utilize more Advantage and survivability.

Kylo Ren is my pride and joy! Boba is my MVP, kindof like Curry and Durant. lol

i thought about zeta-ing FOstormtrooper, but, its even MORE Carbantis and im prioritizing Nihilus nd Thrawn anyways, so i scrapped the project. (but im still collecting FO shards to 7* for the lulz)

You should of course go for whatever squad is most fun for you, but unless you have Sith Trooper and Sith Assassin for Nihilus or plan on slotting him into triple cleanse, you will have the same kind of problems you're facing now.

Thrawn is similar in that he needs Shoretrooper and Death Trooper in Empire squad, or for a double cooldown. It takes gear no matter what.

The reason I've been saying hybrids don't work I'd just because they're have been so many people that have tried and no one has improved on the core group. That said, we will definitely be getting some more FO for the next movie.
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    fingers crossed. (my analogy for using Nihilus is simple, as far as f2p playing is concerned.. Darth Nihilus is better if I'm already using Mace in my broken lineup, lol) - ill be replacing Mace for a Nihilus,ni think it's a waaay better deal by a mile! lol

but yes, i do agree with what u stated. unfortunately, i could only do so much.. have a deathtrooper and thrawn, but no shoretrooper yet. (none nearly competitively geared as im prioritizing ships &crew member development)
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    im still pleased with a full FO squad, and most certainly also pleased with hybrid FO.

u see soooo many triple cleanse teams, or zmaul, or anything with chaze nihilus on it, lol

it gets old.. time to get bold !
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Running PhaZma, Zylo, Boba, FOO, Nihilus(gear9) - better results so far -
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    must admit, Capt. Phasma even with a zeta, feels kind of. . . lacking. but! it dont matter cuz im in it for the long haul ! i've faith in Zylo (leaderabilityyyyyyy pls!!) and Boba.

theyre like Curry and KD for a F2P p.o.v.
  • Options
    must admit, Capt. Phasma even with a zeta, feels kind of. . . lacking. but! it dont matter cuz im in it for the long haul ! i've faith in Zylo (leaderabilityyyyyyy pls!!) and Boba.

theyre like Curry and KD for a F2P p.o.v.

Yeah, Phasma is not going to do as much for you in a hybrid team unfortunately. With the full squad starting with advantage is huge and it also gives them crit immunity. You also have your damage cut back considerably, as the biggest attacks on FO squads are FOTP attacking and getting called for assists, and FOST countering, calling assists on counters and calling triple assists.
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    here's to hoping they give Kylo a leaderability someday soon!

or

Rework phasma!
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Now im gearing towards hybrid of FO and Thrawn+DarthNihilus

PhaZma lead, FOOfficer, Zylo, Thrawn and DN

or PhaZma lead, zBoba, Zylo, Thrawn, DN

Thrawn and Nihilus - the new "Chaze"

"Nihilawn"
  • Options
    I ran a FO hybrid similar to yours, with about the same rank. As soon I switched to full FO I was able to make top 10 and have been able to take 1st at payout since I got Phasma's Zeta, unless I am busy and unable to battle.

While it's true that they are not the best on defense, none of the squads in arena are able to stay in top 10, everyone is able to win on offense. However, I haven't fallen further than 20, and personally I love being able to slaughter triple cleanse and Wiggs teams, and only lose to Zaul if RNG is really unkind. Also, Zaul is disappearing, so that is less of a factor.

I'm part of a FO discussion on Discord and while we agree that the AI doesn't know how to use them, and there are a few folks that apparently are so dissatisfied that they go around spreading FO hate (see above), almost everyone agrees they are one of the most enjoyable teams to run.

I personally can't recommend them enough, and am almost done farming materials for my fourth zeta. I wasn't expecting much based on all the negativity I had heard in the forums, and I have been pleasantly surprised at how well they do. As long as you're not expecting any miracles, and understand it takes all four Zeta's for them to celebrate together completely for Raids, I'd day to for it.

Also, people have repeatedly tried to sub in GK, it doesn't help on defense and might even hurt on offense. They are definitely a full synergy type of squad.

Can I get in on this FO discord group? Would really love to join the discussions
  • Options

Can I get in on this FO discord group? Would really love to join the discussions

Sure thing https://discord.gg/FvJS4ms
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    As the general consensus from most Swgoh veterans, i've come to report that the FO faction are strong but still not THAT strong

mods and speed in the end, matters heavily, but, they lack survivability and some ways to dispel enemy buffs or increase its own group tenacity. FOO is very nice to use but is waaaay too flimsy. PhaZma leadership and overall kit is also sub par. Speed for the FO in general feels a little bit sub par as well.

ive been trying to mix other characters as Hybrid Builds, still hoping to land a more competitive lineup.
  • Options
    As the general consensus from most Swgoh veterans, i've come to report that the FO faction are strong but still not THAT strong

mods and speed in the end, matters heavily, but, they lack survivability and some ways to dispel enemy buffs or increase its own group tenacity. FOO is very nice to use but is waaaay too flimsy. PhaZma leadership and overall kit is also sub par. Speed for the FO in general feels a little bit sub par as well.

ive been trying to mix other characters as Hybrid Builds, still hoping to land a more competitive lineup.

Did you ever make it to the chat? Haven't seen you on there. I have started using Thrawn in place of FOO, it bums me out to jot run full FO, but Thrawn is faster, tougher, actually has a chance to give TM at the beginning of a match and of course Fracture is not unhelpful.

Here's a vid a shard mate took fighting my team. Still not amazing on defense, but the best thing anyone's found so far I believe.

[flash=]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=BNe8XubQrtg[\flash]
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Did you ever make it to the chat? Haven't seen you on there. I have started using Thrawn in place of FOO, it bums me out to jot run full FO, but Thrawn is faster, tougher, actually has a chance to give TM at the beginning of a match and of course Fracture is not unhelpful.

Here's a vid a shard mate took fighting my team. Still not amazing on defense, but the best thing anyone's found so far I believe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=BNe8XubQrtg
    Post edited by tharduskafka on
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    thank you very much. that gives shreds of hope for FO users

i agree, FO faction can still get top ranks sure, however, they also fall back in lower ranks due to lack of defense.

but, even without the video you shared, I've come across plays where FO can get rank1 easily.

thanks
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    seriously needs reworks just to close the gaps against the established meta's in the arena/gw.

• Options
    bump +1
  • Nyteshade81
    120 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

[flash=]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=BNe8XubQrtg[\flash]

Dumb AI is dumb AI. Tell your shard mate that if he's going to auto battle, he should have it target bigger threats than Phasma and FOST.
  • Options
    ^ lol

FO needs a rework, but the devs are also busy with other issues inGame, we just uave to be patient and hope for the best.

Since CP is September's Login Reward, are we expecting reworks for her?
  • Options
    Still using zCP as leader, Zylo ZBoba, Thrawn&Nihilus

first three are 7*, Thrawn is 5*, DN 6*. all gear XI.

average rank is rank15. There's just too much CLS lead, rZdZ, GK, Nihilus, HanSolo squads..
  • Options
    Update : with the new UK and SF released, anyone who can report how they handle on a full FO lineup?

how about amongst hybrid teams?

im assuming UK will be the priority, the stun for 2 turns is impressive.

most impressive!