Why do ppl want G12?

Prev1
Omeah
961 posts Member
edited July 2017
They said during EAPlay that they don't plan to implement G12 "anytime soon". A lot of players struggle with just G10. They said exclusive gear for Territory Battles. Exclusive gear=raid gear so far. There is no need for G12, so pls stop

Replies

• pchen3082
    254 posts Member
    Options
    Caz some of the veterans need NEW stuff, G12 and level cap increasing are one of them...now this game is getting more and more boring. New toons are not a solution at all.

Speaking for myself, I get squad/fleet arena rank-1 at pay out every day. HAAT completes in one hour, this game becomes a daily routine thing for me, I gonna quit playing if nothing come out next, can't wait for the TB.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Level cap increase and new gear will make HAAT easier for those still struggling, just like heroic Rancor became trivial. As it is now, you need raid gear for HAAT and normal rewards suck, so basically to farm HAAT, you have to be already farming HAAT.
  • Options
    A level cap increase and gear 12 with refresh the game for a lot of people and give them something to aim for.

Territory battles by itself will add something new to the game but if it's not designed for gear 12 or higher characters it will get old quite fast for a lot of people. Like the raids which are designed for the gear levels they reward gear for territory battles are likely to do the same.

Also it wasn't a planned announcement at ea play, eajesse was put on the spot when mobilegamer accidentally geared Thrawn up to gear 12 while live streaming so as eajesse was not allowed to talk about gear 12 so he didn't have to talk about it he said it's not coming soon so I would not take it as gospel it's not coming soon.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    pchen3082 wrote: »
    Caz some of the veterans need NEW stuff, G12 and level cap increasing are one of them...now this game is getting more and more boring. New toons are not a solution at all.

Speaking for myself, I get squad/fleet arena rank-1 at pay out every day. HAAT completes in one hour, this game becomes a daily routine thing for me, I gonna quit playing if nothing come out next, can't wait for the TB.

What you need to realize is that everyone is not like you,i am a jan 2016 player but still have alot of goals:one of them is taking number one with a non-chaze team(i use resistance in arena),the other is getting 5m+total score in haat,so the game is far from boring for me
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    Options
    to make hAAT easier
  • Options
    Bt_7274 wrote: »

What you need to realize is that everyone is not like you,i am a jan 2016 player but still have alot of goals:one of them is taking number one with a non-chaze team(i use resistance in arena),the other is getting 5m+total score in haat,so the game is far from boring for me

Doesnt mean its not boring atm for a huge part of the playerbase
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Caz some of the veterans need NEW stuff, G12 and level cap increasing are one of them.

Level cap increase and G12 are NOT "new stuff" - just more grind. New content is new stuff.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Caz some of the veterans need NEW stuff, G12 and level cap increasing are one of them.

Level cap increase and G12 are NOT "new stuff" - just more grind. New content is new stuff.

This.

Unless you have all the toons at g11 maxed out, I don't see why would you want more levels and gear.
  • Options

Not really.

The reason why I'm wanting G12 is because the arena is so stablised right now, every team can beat each other and even the kill order are fixed to me, that's boring.

Squad and fleet arena are the most fun parts for me. I don't really put too much attention to HAAT. I can do 1mil damage at the HAAT first rolled out, by now only 2mil:) working on my clones and resistance:)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This^^

We need new things to do not more of the same.

I'm open to it only because it's just the same thing, I will still do things the same way, so I guess I'm just no against it, not really for it.

The common theme I see when reading other threads about this is: people can't seem to take the heat and they want it to have an advantage they lost with the stale meta and they want arena to be easier. I love having more people to battle and more competition it's fun.
  • Options

Not really.

The reason why I'm wanting G12 is because the arena is so stablised right now, every team can beat each other and even the kill order are fixed to me, that's boring.

Squad and fleet arena are the most fun parts for me. I don't really put too much attention to HAAT. I can do 1mil damage at the HAAT first rolled out, by now only 2mil:) working on my clones and resistance:)

Yes arena finally got some diversity, so let's bring back the "only one team can be competitive" back. Very smart.
  • Options
    Making every team competitive by killing offense/defense balance may be diversity but it does nothing to reward players who have planned better or spent more.

I'd value some balance between offense and defense far more.
  • Options

Couldn't have said it better. Those wanting a level / gear increase are truly clueless.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options

Couldn't have said it better. Those wanting a level / gear increase are truly clueless.

But if G12 is coming with the territory battles they’ll be giving us new content AND a new grind and I still consider that a win. It’s a fresh challenge.
  • Zehava
    41 posts Member
    Options
    A level cap increase and gear 12 with refresh the game for a lot of people and give them something to aim for.

Territory battles by itself will add something new to the game but if it's not designed for gear 12 or higher characters it will get old quite fast for a lot of people. Like the raids which are designed for the gear levels they reward gear for territory battles are likely to do the same.

Also it wasn't a planned announcement at ea play, eajesse was put on the spot when mobilegamer accidentally geared Thrawn up to gear 12 while live streaming so as eajesse was not allowed to talk about gear 12 so he didn't have to talk about it he said it's not coming soon so I would not take it as gospel it's not coming soon.

People really need to stop taking the Mobilegamer stream as proof of anything. The gear piece he hit to bring Thrawn to g12 was the same mystery gear we all see, but in dev builds, they can go to g12. We've seen pictures of other characters previewed in dev builds many months ago that also would have let you take a character to g12 as well. They also had hundreds of excess Thrawn shards, and you know that's not possible.
  • Options
    The devs created too big of a gap between whales and everyone else with HAAT. They made HAAT too hard and there probably is a majority of guilds that can't complete it yet. It will be interesting to see if they can stave off boredom for the whales without running off the rest due to frustrating level increases.
  • Options
    Zehava wrote: »

People really need to stop taking the Mobilegamer stream as proof of anything. The gear piece he hit to bring Thrawn to g12 was the same mystery gear we all see, but in dev builds, they can go to g12. We've seen pictures of other characters previewed in dev builds many months ago that also would have let you take a character to g12 as well. They also had hundreds of excess Thrawn shards, and you know that's not possible.

I didn't say that Thrawn being geared to gear 12 was proof that gear 12 is on the way I'm just pointing out that everyone is using eajesses comment to prove that gear 12 is not coming. His comment was not planned and was a reaction to a situation that could raise further questions and he nipped it in the bud by saying its not coming soon which may be true or may be because he was not allowed to talk about gear 12.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Bt_7274 wrote: »

Doesnt mean its not boring atm for a huge part of the playerbase

And it doesn't mean that it is, either.

"Huge part" is a real weasel word. You don't know how many people are playing, you don't know how many of them are at max level, you don't know how many of them are bored. There's a lot of complaining on the forum, but that's not a representative sample of players--it's not even a representative sample of people who regularly post on the forum.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    We need more ships and ship raids.
    We need more content (new raid).
    We need lv 10 on the holo tables that provide more spots for gear that there's only one spot for at the moment.
    A new lv increase on heists for more currency.
    We need omega challenges that require unique toons like CUP or mob enforcer to be used to encourage deepening ones bench.
    People can't be close to maxing all their collection yet and that's what the devs need to push to encourage.
    Everyone has got just a few factions that are the top meta and think that's all that matters so they are bored.
    Ewoks are the next rework. Next can be nightsisters. Then people will have more to work towards. Without incentive they are just bench warmers.
  • Options
    The devs created too big of a gap between whales and everyone else with HAAT. They made HAAT too hard and there probably is a majority of guilds that can't complete it yet. It will be interesting to see if they can stave off boredom for the whales without running off the rest due to frustrating level increases.

The issue is that it is the whales that fund the game. It is a game free from other advertisements. Without the whales, there wouldn't be a game. So they have to appease them. Running off F2P isn't really a factor. They aren't bringing much benefit in profits. If anything, I think that is the primary group of complainers.
  • Options

Not really.

And when everybody gets through the grind to gear their arena teams, arena is in the exact same state as it was before introducing the new gear.

I'm sure there are much better options to make the game more interesting on all facets, rather than introducing another brick wall, which, I assume, most people don't like and might actually find more frustrating than enjoyable.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

This game is a big grind divided into micro grinds. Every button you push beside while in the matches is a grind. On paper it's nice to ask you want. What does new content entail though?

• Options
    Gear 12 and higher cap level causes different characters to become better than other ones. It causes a shake up. This means people work on characters again to find out which ones are the best. So now instead of most having all characters maxed we have people who have different characters maxed and people have to work to get the best teams again.
  • Options

The issue is that it is the whales that fund the game. It is a game free from other advertisements. Without the whales, there wouldn't be a game. So they have to appease them. Running off F2P isn't really a factor. They aren't bringing much benefit in profits. If anything, I think that is the primary group of complainers.

They have to keep the entire food chain healthy. If the plankton and shrimp die off, you will see a collapse of the entire ecosystem from the bottom up.
  • dPaxton
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    G12 would make hAAT easier... but for a long time only for those that can already do it...
    What if they just make HAAT more difficult?
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    dPaxton wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    G12 would make hAAT easier... but for a long time only for those that can already do it...
    What if they just make HAAT more difficult?
    Feels like they were making it more difficult when they nerfed Nute and Kylo. :(
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    New gear from territory battles doesn't necessarily mean g12. Could be that gear/droid slot for ships.
  • Options
    People want to have an advantage. It certainly would allow heavy spenders to pay to win. It might cause a lot of players to give up on the game. It seems like a terrible idea. Especially after saying no gear 12 or level cap increase plans...