Director Krennic's Story Prior to Rogue One.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Slightly off topic but is the thrawn book good? Is it just about his rise to power or what?
  • Options
    Slightly off topic but is the thrawn book good? Is it just about his rise to power or what?

Good question. I decided to get back into reading recently (I stopped YEARS ago) after the debacle that is TFA. I got stoked though when they announced Thrawn was coming back so I bought the Thrawn trilogy on eBay and I'm 10 chapters in on Heir (been really busy and haven't read as much as I'd like to; but getting more in) anyway I'm loving it more then TFA (not hard to do) and once I finish the trilogy, I'm going to buy and read the new Thrawn book.
  • Options
    Nice, I like seeing these videos about the lesser known or EU characters. I believe someone did this for Revan as well a few weeks ago
  • Options
    That was really cool @HK47isLife thanks for sharing that.
  • Options
    All this R1 talk makes me want to watch the movie again!
  • Options

The new Thrawn book is excellent. Without spoiling anything, yeah it's pretty much about his rise through the empire.
  • Options
    Fürkész wrote: »
    Not just the novel but also the movie came into my favourite three. The golden medal goes to the Kenobi novel and to Darth Plagueis, so it gets the silver I think.

What are your favorite 3? I think R1 is my #4 (or maybe tied with ROTS) behind the OT. My bottom 3 in no particular order are TFA, TPM, AOTC.

I am that kind of sick SW fan whose fav movie is RotS, second is R1, 3rd is maybe RotJ.
  • Options
    Not just the novel but also the movie came into my favourite three. The golden medal goes to the Kenobi novel and to Darth Plagueis, so it gets the silver I think.

What are your favorite 3? I think R1 is my #4 (or maybe tied with ROTS) behind the OT. My bottom 3 in no particular order are TFA, TPM, AOTC.

I am that kind of sick SW fan whose fav movie is RotS, second is R1, 3rd is maybe RotJ.

Nothing wrong with that. If you said TPM or AOTC was your favorite then you'd be sick :D
  • Options
    So when Krennic was announced for R1 I didn't care about him AT all, but Ben Mendelsohn's performance was GREAT and really drew me to the character. I like him more and more with each viewing. I felt the same was about Forrest Whitaker.

If you like Mendo, try getting The Year My Voice Broke and The Big Steal.

Both very different movies but very good.
  • Options
    kriles76 wrote: »
    So when Krennic was announced for R1 I didn't care about him AT all, but Ben Mendelsohn's performance was GREAT and really drew me to the character. I like him more and more with each viewing. I felt the same was about Forrest Whitaker.

If you like Mendo, try getting The Year My Voice Broke and The Big Steal.

Both very different movies but very good.

Never heard of them, but will do.
  • Options
    Catalyst was the only book I ever asked for a refund with audible. I felt this book couldn't end quick enough. Thrawn, to me, is the best cannon book to date. Also, really liked Tarkin, Plaguies, and, the Darth Bane Series.
  • Options
    I've never used an Audio book before. How are they? Do you find they're better then when you read them yourself or is it the same, just faster?
  • Options
    I've never used an Audio book before. How are they? Do you find they're better then when you read them yourself or is it the same, just faster?

I find audiobooks fun! Sometimes they add voices and sound effects to make it more immersive!
  • Options
    Nice, I like seeing these videos about the lesser known or EU characters. I believe someone did this for Revan as well a few weeks ago

That was me :)
  • Options
    That was really cool @HK47isLife thanks for sharing that.

Thanks for watching pal!
  • Options
    HK47isLife wrote: »

I find audiobooks fun! Sometimes they add voices and sound effects to make it more immersive!

Interesting.