So...collusion isn't cheating?

2Next

Replies

• Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    the goal of our group is to make as many people reach best payout possible. take the biggest piece of the pie we all can. I didn't realize this was not the goal of a shard chat.

Some shards prefer to deny all opponents access to resources, and run it like survival of the fittest type mode. Ditto to that.

While other shards recognise the value of challenge and collaboration with other players. Creating a joint community progression with each milestone and new content.

Each to their own.

• Options
    This may be super naive of me, but I've been playing since November 2015 and reading random forum posts for the last 6 months, and I learnt that collusion is thing 3 days ago... Not a happy camper
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »
    Gavstar wrote: »
    I ruined this possiblity by calling them all out for being so dumb...oops.

Not at all. You'll be surprise what can be forgiven.

I also angrily left the chat?

You're not exactly acting very cool there Mr Coolmcdrew :D
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Options
    My advice, be persistence.
    Yes, you're the new guy. You probably have the same payout as someone already in the chat.
    The Chat group will go against you, because - you're the new guy. They will use their spares, or advance early against you. You will unfortunately need to ping pong with them - if you lose, they also need to lose. Trust me, no one likes to use a 50 to refresh unnecessarily - not even whales.

During your payout: Use the double jump tactic from top10 - it means you'll need a good offensive team and timing. It will cost you, 50 for battle (5) refresh, maybe multiple 50 for timer reset, and some days, even 100 for another battle (5) refresh. It will cost you in the short-term, and it could take weeks.

Be persistence, no one likes to be pay-locked to their device worrying about being sniped. But, if you do it enough times to be an issue for them, the goal is to cause enough frustration for them to eventually invite you.

Against the chat opponent(s): Workout when all of their payouts are. !!!Avoid sniping them!!!
    Rather hit them - 20mins before hand, and give them a chance to re-take rank1. It will annoy them.
    But they won't hate you totally. If its a tight group of friends (in the chat), then unfortunately its going to take a longer time.

Look to your team's defenses:
    Take note of which teams they use to bump you. Having a better defense against those teams will frustrate them.

Once you in the shard chat, have a laugh about the ridiculousness of it all!
    But in the end - mission accomplished!

Edit: original post disappeared after an edit.
  • Options
    This may be super naive of me, but I've been playing since November 2015 and reading random forum posts for the last 6 months, and I learnt that collusion is thing 3 days ago... Not a happy camper

Took me some time to learn as well, not to mention its a single guild that tries to control my shard... and altho they've recently opened a group to include others its still the same players each payout... the random get theirs as long as none of the guild has that payout. It's brutal, but honestly i feel it hurts them more than helps since they don't actually have to "compete"... they certainly made me form an elite team & definitely make sure any rank 1 payouts I get... half blessing, half curse...
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya,
    While we do not encourage/condone it, the system does allow for this type of behavior. While the jury is still out on whether this is Shard teamwork or something else, if there are perceived shadier dealings afoot, any reports should be PMed to @CG_LucifersDaddy
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Hiya,
    While we do not encourage/condone it, the system does allow for this type of behavior. While the jury is still out on whether this is Shard teamwork or something else, if there are perceived shadier dealings afoot, any reports should be PMed to @CG_LucifersDaddy

@CG_Kozispoon could you define shadier dealings for me? I mean this situation sucks but I can't stop it nor can you really unless disabling accounts due to screenshots I posess that doesn't seem likely though.
  • Options
    Hitting people outside of your payout, esp if it's at a competitive hour that affects others, is just asking for trouble

Once again this was pre shard chat.

I know, what I was referring to was less about collusion, but rather if you hit someone outside of your payout while they are in the process of trying to chase their own, you're drawing unwanted attention to yourself tbh because you never know if someone or their friends will try to target you back during your own time. Just let sleeping dogs lie where they are and that often helps.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    As with any report, its handled on a case by case basis. If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to @CG_LucifersDaddy with details on why you think someone is cheating, your ally code and the name of the suspected cheater.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Disable their accounts!? Wow, OP you are quite the crybaby.
    Empire Relic
  • Options

Not crying. Simply asking what possibility there even is to this situation. I'm not even going to report it because at this point it seems to be a waste of time.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous, we have a chat for our shard but everyone who joins gets equal chance and we all help each other, those with the same payouts take turns, and we do have a hit list of those not part of the chat that cause trouble at payout times, but if they join they will become part of it....but when youve tried to get involved and still get locked out is outrageous
    My Collection Red Lining the Revan Counter

• Options
    Someo

Not crying. Simply asking what possibility there even is to this situation. I'm not even going to report it because at this point it seems to be a waste of time.

Someone before said it best, during your payout, be persistent and keep trying. No one likes to stare at their phone all the time so after a while, they won't want the hassle and will work you in.

We had someone who was not in our chat who was a pesky nuisance and we went out of our way in all sorts of mediums to find them to see if they wanted to join.
    Empire Relic
  • Rynn
    69 posts Member
    Options
    You know the devs could easily see who or which accounts have been at top spot the past few days and either ban them from the arena or put them back at the start and make them work up to the top again. Again as others have said giving payout whatever spot you make when your 5 attempts are up is the best thing they could do other than the banning/policing this.

I get its not exactly cheating but it does affect the people who actually try to play the game fairly. I'm sorry just because you were a dumb*** for dropping thousands on a game does not entitle you to receive the highest payout everyday...just means you got suckered and makes no sense for you to stay at top spot as you probably have **** near unlimited funds and nothing to spend it on.
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    Options
    +1

takes away the fun in an honest to goodness competition
  • Options
    Top 10-20 is very different from the rest of arena.

I didn't even know shard chats were a thing until someone reached out to me.

If you place well consistently and use a third party chat or are in a competitiveness guild, chances are people will find you.

However, if you are in an older shard and get a new arena squad and are suddenly able to make it to the top, expect some backlash.

My shard chat has 25 players or so in it ranging in many different payout times.

There's another dozen or so players who aren't in the shard chat but are respectful of payout times and they don't get messed with or targeted by our group.

With all that being said, there are more and more players who are able to climb the ranks, but they don't know or don't care who has payout when.

When people in the group start getting sniped by someone who has had payout hours before or doesn't have payout for hours ahead, that's when the claws come out.

At that point you WILL get targeted and if you continue to disrespect payout times we WILL attempt to lock you out.