Thrawn zeta bug!!!

Black69
27 posts Member
During my arena battle to my surprise Thrawn was stunned by R2 while his fracture was in play. His zeta ability gives him 100% tenacity!!!

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
  • Black69
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

I should have stated he was stunned 3 times by are R2. Twice while fracture was in play... I already know about the 15% but this is a little excessive.
  • Options
    Black69 wrote: »

I should have stated he was stunned 3 times by are R2. Twice while fracture was in play... I already know about the 15% but this is a little excessive.

A fully geared R2, withoud any mod has 33% potency.
    You are not taking R2's stats in consideration.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    Options

I think it actually does mean that, assuming the attacker has 0% potency
  • Options
    no one has 0% potency. if you do a forum search, there is a dev comment that explains how tenacity and potency work
  • crzydroid
    7317 posts Moderator
    Options
    There was JUST a huge thread on this.

It only gives 100% tenacity, but as chance to resist = tenacity - potency, he can still suffer debuffs.

WAI.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    The actual calculation is: Chance to Resist = Max(0, tenacity - potency) + 15%

There is always a 15% chance to resist a debuff. Thrawn's basic tenacity is 35% + 100% = 135%. R2's basic potency is 33%. Easy to get higher. One potency cross and he's at 57% potency. 135 - 57 = 78 + 15 = 93% chance to resist. Certainly possible to still stun. 3 times in a row is a little stretching it, but I've seen crazy RNG in this game. I've gone against Zaul where he dodge at least 7 out of 8 times, which is more than his chance says he should.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @Dretzle you don't add the 15% at the end. It's a minimum. Meaning if it were like this: 50T - 50P=0 but 15% is the minimum. So it's 15%.

In your scenario: 135 - 57 = 78 which is greater than 15%, so it stays at 78.

If his thrawn fit to 157, he'd have 100% resist chance vs a 57% potency r2.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    @Dretzle you don't add the 15% at the end. It's a minimum. Meaning if it were like this: 50T - 50P=0 but 15% is the minimum. So it's 15%.

No. I don't have time to find the posts again, but I did research on this and, according to the devs in the most recent revelations we've gotten from them (about a couple months ago), it's added on the end, not just a minimum.

EDIT: If you believe the dev posts, but that's all we have to go by.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Dretzle wrote: »

No. I don't have time to find the posts again, but I did research on this and, according to the devs in the most recent revelations we've gotten from them (about a couple months ago), it's added on the end, not just a minimum.

EDIT: If you believe the dev posts, but that's all we have to go by.

I do believe the dev posts and you will not find one that says it adds 15%. Cannot reduce below 15%.

Meaning if I have 100000% potency and you have 10% tenacity, you'll have a 15% chance to resist. If I have 100% potency and you have 90% tenacity, you will have a 15% chance to resist. If I have 80% potency and you have 100% tenacity you'll have a 20% chance to resist.

For equal level attacker and defender, It's Tenacity - Potency, 15% min
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I do believe the dev posts and you will not find one that says it adds 15%. Cannot reduce below 15%.

Meaning if I have 100000% potency and you have 10% tenacity, you'll have a 15% chance to resist. If I have 100% potency and you have 90% tenacity, you will have a 15% chance to resist. If I have 80% potency and you have 100% tenacity you'll have a 20% chance to resist.

And now you made me go waste time with research.

Sorry, it wasn't the devs post, it was codemined:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/597p32/code_mined_chance_to_resist_negative_effects/

Really, the end of the matter is we should be able to see the battle logs and calculations for stuff like this, or else we're all just guessing and hoping.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Dretzle wrote: »

And now you made me go waste time with research.

Sorry, it wasn't the devs post, it was codemined:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/597p32/code_mined_chance_to_resist_negative_effects/

Really, the end of the matter is we should be able to see the battle logs and calculations for stuff like this, or else we're all just guessing and hoping.

I have read that already. And if you would reread the paragraph directly above his formula, he states you have to SUBTRACT the base 15% from the displayed tenacity value of your hero.

So you subtract 15 just to add 15 again. This is a gain of nothing and frankly makes little sense.

Devs have stated that 15% is the minimum resist chance:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/581984/#Comment_581984

There is no +15 for a gain.

It's way easier to just think of it as:

Tenacity - Potency, cannot fall below 15%
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    I've never trusted tenacity/potency to be a straight tenacity - potency = resist chance. Far too many times have I had much more potency on my characters against the enemy to have them resist multiple times in a row. And yes, I mean when the "Resist" text actually appears.
  • crzydroid
    7317 posts Moderator
    Options
    Meerava wrote: »
    I've never trusted tenacity/potency to be a straight tenacity - potency = resist chance. Far too many times have I had much more potency on my characters against the enemy to have them resist multiple times in a row. And yes, I mean when the "Resist" text actually appears.

There is a 15% base chance to resist.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Just to sum up, the actual formula appears to be: Chance to Resist = max( 0, (Tenacity - 15) - Potency + ((Attacker Level - Defender Level) * 5) + 15.

In practice, however, for an attacker and defender at the same level, we have: Chance to Resist = min(15, Tenacity - Potency)