Advice for those of you who don't get Yoda this round.......

I can already smell the fear and disappointment of the players who won't be able to unlock Yoda before the deadline and will have to wait until the next round to do so. You'll notice this story sounds very familiar, like a conversation that was going on last week maybe and a month before that!!! Yes, this is just another Bariss-Poe dilemma all over again!!

We all can recall the terror we all were going to be subjected to with Poe kicking our behinds and the non-Poe teams wiped off the map, end of the world talk. This Yoda release will have a similar ending as players will once again be waving the white flags in defeat. For those like myself who won't have Yoda this round, don't worry, just continue to work your plan and I'm certain that all will be fine in the end.

With the Jedi taking center stage, Sith, Empire and Droid teams will now have a place since they counter Jedi. Look at how many formerly useless characters will now be useful like IG-100 Magnaguard who is anti-Jedi and many others. Also remember Jedi teams will have to have almost pure Jedi synergy to take advantage of their setup whereas Jedi enemy teams can be more mix and match. The burden of defense is on these new Jedi teams, don't get discouraged

Replies

• Options
    I can already smell the fear and disappointment of the players who won't be able to unlock Yoda before the deadline and will have to wait until the next round to do so. You'll notice this story sounds very familiar, like a conversation that was going on last week maybe and a month before that!!! Yes, this is just another Bariss-Poe dilemma all over again!!

We all can recall the terror we all were going to be subjected to with Poe kicking our behinds and the non-Poe teams wiped off the map, end of the world talk. This Yoda release will have a similar ending as players will once again be waving the white flags in defeat. For those like myself who won't have Yoda this round, don't worry, just continue to work your plan and I'm certain that all will be fine in the end.

With the Jedi taking center stage, Sith, Empire and Droid teams will now have a place since they counter Jedi. Look at how many formerly useless characters will now be useful like IG-100 Magnaguard who is anti-Jedi and many others. Also remember Jedi teams will have to have almost pure Jedi synergy to take advantage of their setup whereas Jedi enemy teams can be more mix and match. The burden of defense is on these new Jedi teams, don't get discouraged

Yeah, not really no. They don't counter anything, Yoda is one of the best characters in the game I'm just waiting for other people to gear him so that I can see how he is at the hands of AI, if he's even mediocre you can't be competitive in a hard shard without him.
  • Options
    I fully expect to struggle in Arena later this month without Yoda. But there is something far less frustrating about getting my *** handed to me by a team of powerful Jedi lead by Yoda, then losing to a team of Poe, FOTP, GS, Rey and Sid.

And not getting him this month clarifies my plan of what to do in the next few weeks. Good stuff.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Darth_Katsumoto
    510 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Nikoms565

I can handle not getting him this time, what is really chapping my **** is that I'm going to miss him by like one day I think lol. That burns.
  • Options
    Riiiiiight...

So your saying don't worry about Yoda cause he's OP. Just take it and wait your turn.

• Options
    So the don't nerf yoda because I have him threads begin.
  • Options
    @Nikoms565

I can handle not getting him this time, what is really chapping my **** is that I'm going to miss him by like one day I think lol. That burns.

Oh, I hear you. I have QGJ at 3* (4* in tomorrow) and could have had Eeth Koth just hitting 5 at the end of the event. It was tempting to buy the bundle just for QGJ shards to lock it in. But then I realized I'd basically be paying $60 for the QGJ shards, as Anakin is a rough farm and I already have Ahsoka at 6*. Too rich for my blood. And if my wife found out...there'd be A LOT of blood.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Not even letting people get him at 1*-4* is a BEYOND STUPID move by EA that is all there it so it...
  • Options
    What are the reasonable counters to Jedi? Droid kinda relied on Poe's protection so they are out. Maul is a paid character and too slow to matter regardless. Dooku is hard to get until level 69 and even then he's not that great even against Jedi. So what do we actually have? Sidious?
  • Options
    Findec wrote: »
    What are the reasonable counters to Jedi? Droid kinda relied on Poe's protection so they are out. Maul is a paid character and too slow to matter regardless. Dooku is hard to get until level 69 and even then he's not that great even against Jedi. So what do we actually have? Sidious?

Cad Bain?
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    So the don't nerf yoda because I have him threads begin.

OP is saying he won't get him this time.
    Onyxgem wrote: »
    Not even letting people get him at 1*-4* is a BEYOND STUPID move by EA that is all there it so it...

Why should you not work for him, as it is CG made him availeble for all, there are interested in doing something in the game, and jedi's are not that hard to farm, instead of making him cromium only or/and making an 150$ bundel pack, that would had made them a small fortune
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @Nikoms565

Oh, I hear you. I have QGJ at 3* (4* in tomorrow) and could have had Eeth Koth just hitting 5 at the end of the event. It was tempting to buy the bundle just for QGJ shards to lock it in. But then I realized I'd basically be paying $60 for the QGJ shards, as Anakin is a rough farm and I already have Ahsoka at 6*. Too rich for my blood. And if my wife found out...there'd be A LOT of blood.

I almost bought it. I have anakin at 6/65 now and then I did the math. I will have Ahsoka at 5* in a couple hours when shipments refresh and I only need Mace. My QGJ is 5* already. So the pack would really only be helping me with 32 anakin shards. I'd rather use the 60 on cantina refreshes and go for mace lol.
  • Options
    I think when we scratch the surface on Jedi teams, we will find the holes and balance will be restored....again. All I do know is that I can't imagine a scenario where players with one character out of the 70 available will be able to run roughshod for weeks and months on end. It didn't happen with Poe, it won't happen with Yoda. I can already picture them releasing other OP character(s) that can counter, like another new Droid or Sith, which would be fitting Jedi enemies. We saw the Emperor Palpatine, how long until he's released. Probably sooner than you think!!!
  • Options
    2 months of farming ima gun di will get him to like 4 stars. Does that even put him above one shot range?
  • Options
    IG-100 vs Yoda....lol
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @Nikoms565

Lucky for me, my wife plays the game too :blush:! Both of us got the pack, though I'm not sure we'll make it by the end of the week. Lots of calculations going on and fingers crossed. Star Wars game without Yoda? The blasphemy! I just hope I can use him and the bunch of useless Jedi I'm training in Arena.
  • Options
    For most non-whales, your basic choices are Jedi Counselor, Jedi Knight Guardian, Mace Windu, Ahsoka, Qui Gon and Luminara. Most of us have Luminara at 7*, but do you really want to have to waste your time upgrading these people to 5* even, let alone 7*!!! It seems like a substantial amount of time and resources just for one character to just drop everything to farm these toons I'll never use again after this...
  • Options
    For most non-whales, your basic choices are Jedi Counselor, Jedi Knight Guardian, Mace Windu, Ahsoka, Qui Gon and Luminara. Most of us have Luminara at 7*, but do you really want to have to waste your time upgrading these people to 5* even, let alone 7*!!! It seems like a substantial amount of time and resources just for one character to just drop everything to farm these toons I'll never use again after this...

And Barriss.
  • Options
    Jedis are completely unbalanced in this game. I mean that theres 15 in the game conpared to like 3 clones (with plo) and 4 droids and 2 jawas and 2 tuskin raiders. All of which have abilities that add buffs for having others of that type, synergy. Bit ridiculous for a game but sticking to the fact thay its star wars so of course theres jedi but still blah.
    I dont have yoda
  • Options
    My advice is don't bother

Simply having a full team of 7* isn't enough. You NEED a specific set up. You're not doing it if you don't have Barris, Lum, and JC with two tanky Jedi to fill out. Anakin, Asoka, and Koth aren't viable. They'll just fill Yoda's turn meter when he one shots them