R2 in but who out...

Saraleb
2070 posts Member
So just finished the bonus teir of Forest Moon and thought i would try out R2.. smashed it but wow what a fun toon

I left him a few days after getting 7* at g8... but im thinking of adding him to arena team and go all out to gear him up

Currently i run...

Rex (l)
GK
Zylo
Zavage
DN

My problem is who to take out... my initial thoughts are zavage but not sure

If it helps im on Dec 15 shard and usually hang in top 20 sometimes top 10

Thanks

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Idk, isn't he more situational? Like against Zaul?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    @saraleb what was the team you used for the Endor Moon event?

I did the same thing and got R2 on my team this time and currently run (for that event)

zVader (L)
    EP
    TFP
    IG88
    R2D2

With this team every toon has an AOE attack, which helps mop up those pesky Ewok scum.
  • Options
    I would take out zavage...
    I love zavage but he shines under zmaul...
    R2 will have synergies with gk and rex...
    zkylo is great for stuns, high dmg crits and survivability...
    Dn is a must
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Idk, isn't he more situational? Like against Zaul?

Thats my problem... all my toons there for a reason.. i would have to give up something

None of my top 10 have a zavage but most have an R2
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    For that team, take out Zavage for R2, and if you have thrawn, he would be next to replace for Kylo.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Boo wrote: »

I did the same thing and got R2 on my team this time and currently run (for that event)

zVader (L)
    EP
    TFP
    IG88
    R2D2

With this team every toon has an AOE attack, which helps mop up those pesky Ewok scum.

I used..

Palps
    Vadar
    Tfp
    R2
    RG

All gear 10+ apart from R2
    Found RG and R2 beneficial for the stuns on elders
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    For that team, take out Zavage for R2, and if you have thrawn, he would be next to replace for Kylo.

+1

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    If you rely on DN the most, I would swap out zKylo. Just make sure that the AI isn't throwing smokescreen onto your DN on defense.

zSavage is nice because your DN will never get stunlocked. R2s stun is more reliable than zKylo. His buffs also help GK get his five man assist off more.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

I have thrawn but only 5*... easy ready to 7* next time round.. and yes thats then the exact team my top 5 shard are using... hence an aim
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

zVader (L)
    EP
    TFP
    IG88
    R2D2

I used..

Palps
    Vadar
    Tfp
    R2
    RG

All gear 10+ apart from R2
    Found RG and R2 beneficial for the stuns on elders

I found it pretty easy keeping them stunned with just R2 as the zVader lead crushed them with continuous and uncleansing DOTs. EP was also helpful with stun.

Only issue I found without RG (who I had on my team initially) was TFP and EP are pretty exposed to the Ewok high damage attacks, but good RNG can eventually work in your favour, lol
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    I did it first time this time round :o

Not sure if crazy good rng or R2 made such a difference as last time event was out there i didnt get close
  • Options

I have thrawn but only 5*... easy ready to 7* next time round.. and yes thats then the exact team my top 5 shard are using... hence an aim

I think a 5* thrawn will do the job. If the top 5 of your shard uses that team then it means something (I use that team too, and beat everyone on offense despite my mods not being the best)
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

I think a 5* thrawn will do the job. If the top 5 of your shard uses that team then it means something (I use that team too, and beat everyone on offense despite my mods not being the best)

Possibly a route to go then... but im not gonna g11 both r2 and thrawn both anytime soon.. R2 first so need to decide whos out till thrawn ready
  • Options
    Definitely savage.
  • crzydroid
    7335 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'd take out Kylo. Don't run any of them, but based on teams I face, he seems the most useless on defense.