A 'dispel' ability cannot be resisted, right?

As the title says, the only way to avoid being dispelled is to dodge, right?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    yes
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    thanks that's what i thought. Just wanted to make sure
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Options
    pretty sure a dispel can be resisted without dodge.
  • Options
    Interesting... if someone has proof of that, I would really like to see it
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    slamaMC wrote: »

if the dispel ability deals specials damage, nihilus' basic for example, that attack will get "reflected" instead of "dodged". It's the same thing, just a different name. Not to be confused with resisted, wich is different (potency/tenacity).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    I have had FOST dispel buffs on the enemy even if his attack is dodged, so I don't think dispels can be avoided, unless you're QGJ.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    QGJ can't be resisted, nor can Teebo. I'm not sure if other dispels work the same way, but I'm guessing they do.
  • Options
    Some dispels cannot be dodged either.

Ventress and Teebo are two notable examples.

Others like Sun Fac, DN, and QGJ can certainly be dodged.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Seems my baze rarely clears all buffs even without dodge.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Seems my baze rarely clears all buffs even without dodge.

Usually what happens in this situation is, he clears the buffs, crits and the crit causes buffs to trigger.

To the op, dispel is not a status effec and it's not a tm reduction. Potency and tenacity have no impact on a dispel.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    I have had FOST dispel buffs on the enemy even if his attack is dodged, so I don't think dispels can be avoided, unless you're QGJ.
    @benacrow
    FOST's dispel is bugged. Same with Plo's (In more than one way, but this is one of the ways). Every other dispel that deals damage can be dodged/deflected and won't dispel.

I think it's mainly because FOST and Plo's bugged dispels are omega upgrades and so they aren't inherently natural for the ability. The bugged one for Plo is the 50% chance to dispel all buffs which is added with the omega upgrade. So half the time Plo's basic is dodged it will dispel, and half the time it won't. Then occasionally if it isn't dodged it just doesn't do anything, but that's the other part of it being bugged lol.
  • Options

Nope
This discussion has been closed.