Best Heroic Rancor auto-team?

Prev1
I can solo the Heroic Rancor raid, but it takes about 1 hour, it is boring and 1 mistake might throw it all away.

- So I'm looking for a team that can deals as much damage (consistently) as possible on auto. Ideally soloing the entire raid, but less is acceptable.

There is a lot of guides out there outlining the top toons, but I cannot find anyone saying : "This is the best squad".

Feel free to use any toon*, but please state if insane mods are needed.

My best squad on auto is: Zader (l), Jyn, TFP, Teebo & R2D2. It has once taken itself to phase 4, but most of the time it dies in the middle of phase 3 (and sometimes in phase 2).

*I'm guessing the best squad will be with the new ewoks, but those will be out of reach for the most of us for at long time, so don't use those ;)

Replies

• Options
    Zader,EP,Zid,Jyn,Bistan
  • Options
    Would Teboo(L), Zader, tusken sharmen, bistan, jyn,
    Or I would sub in captain phasma for someone
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Would Teboo(L), Zader, tusken sharmen, bistan, jyn,
    Or I would sub in captain phasma for someone

Zader only works if he is leading
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    If you current team can't afford a mistake then surely as hell it can auto-solo. There are plenty of videos out, let me list you some:

Wedge (L) Jyn Biggs Bistan Cassian
    Zader (L) Nihilus Sidious Tarkin TFP
    Zader (L) Nihilus Tarkin TFP Thrawn
    Zader (L) Thrawn Tarkin Bistan Jyn
    Zader (L) Jyn Bistan Tarkin Nihilus
    Zader (L) Jyn Bistan Tarkin Cassian
    Thrawn (L) Jyn - this is not auto-solo but you can solo it with these two

and the list probably goes on. As you can see, the Zader lead is most prominent leadership for the Rancor right now.

• Options
    Thx for the suggested teams :)

They do all seem to require really good speed mods. I'm looking for the most solid auto team that doesn't require you to have all toons having +80-100 speed each
  • Options

They do all seem to require really good speed mods. I'm looking for the most solid auto team that doesn't require you to have all toons having +80-100 speed each

I just soloed my first heroic rancor recently. Due to this thread I just tried to set it to auto and they got rather easily to the end of phase 2 before I retreated, but they would probably have made it to phase 4, or perhaps have completed the whole raid. Anyway, the interesting thing is that I don't even have my best mods on them, so I'm sure they'd do the whole thing on auto if I transferred my arena mods to them. Anyway, the team is

zVader: g10 / 180 speed (+59)
    TFP: g11 / 229 speed (+59)
    Tarkin: g9 / 210 speed (+88)
    Magmatrooper: g7 / 181 speed (+62)
    Jyn: g8; 211 speed (+54)

Tarkin is the only one with high speed, but that's because he doesn't need potency or anything else, so he's easy to mod for speed.
  • Options
    plindboe wrote: »

I just soloed my first heroic rancor recently. Due to this thread I just tried to set it to auto and they got rather easily to the end of phase 2 before I retreated, but they would probably have made it to phase 4, or perhaps have completed the whole raid. Anyway, the interesting thing is that I don't even have my best mods on them, so I'm sure they'd do the whole thing on auto if I transferred my arena mods to them. Anyway, the team is

zVader: g10 / 180 speed (+59)
    TFP: g11 / 229 speed (+59)
    Tarkin: g9 / 210 speed (+88)
    Magmatrooper: g7 / 181 speed (+62)
    Jyn: g8; 211 speed (+54)

Tarkin is the only one with high speed, but that's because he doesn't need potency or anything else, so he's easy to mod for speed.

We have a winner! (at least for now) :):):)

Just tried it out with the toons beneath and got to 38% left i phase 4. - And both my TFP, Tarkin, Vader and (obviously) Magnatrooper can by optimized a lot.

zVader: g11 / 190 speed, 150% CritDam, 60% pot & 52% crit%
    TFP: g11 / 233 speed, 216% CritDam, 81,% pot & 48% crit%
    Tarkin: g11 / 204 speed, 150% CritDam, 32% pot & 45% crit%
    Magmatrooper: g7 / 149 speed, 150% CritDam, 14% pot & 25% crit%
    Jyn: g11 / 272 speed, 186% CritDam, 3% pot & 36% crit%

My Magnatrooper is really bad (and also only lvl. 53) and dies in phase 2, but still the team managed really well!
  • Options
    Thanks, I've been wanting to post the same thing. Although I wish I had read it more thoroughly before spending 3 mil to level up my Magma to 85 :'( . My mods are average so my stats are nowhere near yours, but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway in a bit. Your Jyn speed looks nuts, but mine is only g10 so maybe some of that is gear.
  • Options
    Best squad I have used is zVader, zThrawn, Jyn, DK and Tarkin. This squad doesn't need insane mods and solos on auto in about 10 mins. I have access to most toons and have tried everything but this seems the most reliable and fastest auto solo. I'm usually only attacked once or twice by the Rancor in P4
  • Options
    For those without thrawn (a lot of people don't) Magmatrooper is a great auto answer (aside from rebel teams),
    50% 20% TMR = 100% 10% TMR, subtract 5% added TM then double attack magma does 10% TMR per turn on average.

then if you include his aoe: .85 (TMR chance with teancity down applied) * .3 + .85*.7*.3 + .05 TMR from zader's leader = 48.35% TMR on avg when magma uses his aoe.

This results in avg. 19.6% TMR every 4 turns, magmatrooper is insanely consistent with TMR on auto (assuming tenacity down).
  • Options
    Best squad I have used is zVader, zThrawn, Jyn, DK and Tarkin. This squad doesn't need insane mods and solos on auto in about 10 mins. I have access to most toons and have tried everything but this seems the most reliable and fastest auto solo. I'm usually only attacked once or twice by the Rancor in P4

Sounds like a great team. While a lot don't have Thrawn yet, most who tries to auto the rancor will likely get him at 7* next time at least. Director Krennic is a looong farm though. I guess (hope) TFP is just as good?

A thought. Maybe speed isn't always a good thing since attacking netto gives the rancor TM for most units. It is obvious that a toon like Jyn and Teebo needs til be fast, but TFP and other units that doesn't remove TM on average does not. Or am I mistaken?
  • Options
    You are correct, I had to take a speed arrow off TFP last raid to make it a bit easier.
  • Options
    We have a winner! (at least for now) :):):)

Just tried it out with the toons beneath and got to 38% left i phase 4. - And both my TFP, Tarkin, Vader and (obviously) Magnatrooper can by optimized a lot.

zVader: g11 / 190 speed, 150% CritDam, 60% pot & 52% crit%
    TFP: g11 / 233 speed, 216% CritDam, 81,% pot & 48% crit%
    Tarkin: g11 / 204 speed, 150% CritDam, 32% pot & 45% crit%
    Magmatrooper: g7 / 149 speed, 150% CritDam, 14% pot & 25% crit%
    Jyn: g11 / 272 speed, 186% CritDam, 3% pot & 36% crit%

My Magnatrooper is really bad (and also only lvl. 53) and dies in phase 2, but still the team managed really well!

Great! Glad my team worked for you as well! :smiley: Interesting to see the stats too.

The biggest problem with Magmatrooper at g7 is that he doesn't have health steal. Fortunately he'll get 5% health steal at g9, which means that he'll become a great candidate for an auto solo rancor team. That said, levelling him up to 85 will definitely help you as well, as he has a very decent amount of health and protection.

A question: Is 14% potency enough for Magma to consistantly remove TM with his special? I heard that he'd need at least 60% potency, even with the tenacity down, so I gave him that. If 14% potency works just as well, I'll change my mods for sure.

Anyway, let me just address this question:
    A thought. Maybe speed isn't always a good thing since attacking netto gives the rancor TM for most units. It is obvious that a toon like Jyn and Teebo needs til be fast, but TFP and other units that doesn't remove TM on average does not. Or am I mistaken?

Yes, you are mistaken here, because you're forgetting about zVader's leader ability. With his leader ability there's a 50% chance of removing 20% TM whenever empire and sith characters do dmg, which is an average of 10% TM removal per hit. So 10% TM is removed due to leader ability, and the rancor gains 5% TM when damaged, which means that on average the rancor will lose 5% TM whenever TFP hits it. In other words, all empire and sith toons will benefit from speed, even if they have no TM removal abilities.

This brings me back to why magmatrooper is great, and that's because he double-hits with his basic (when omega'ed), so while other empire/sith toons remove 5% TM on average whenever they do their basic, magmatrooper will remove 10% TM with his basic attack.

I did some calculations on average TM removal per hit on auto-play, taking zVader's leader ability and specials and cooldowns into account and subtracting the rancor's 5% TM gain when damaged. Magmatrooper's TMR per hit is surprisingly a bit better than jyn's average. Her TMR is more consistant though, she's faster and she also grants an ally TM every fourth turn, so I'd still say she's the better raid toon, especially on auto-play. Tarkin's average TMR is somewhat lower, since he wastes every third turn on Intimidation Tactics. Here's the average turn meter removals, and the other abilities that are relevant for the raid:

zVader / 5% TMR / leader ability; slow; insane dmg
    TFP / 5% TMR / tenacity down
    Magmatrooper / 21,5% TMR
    Jyn / 20% TMR / gives ally 100% TM
    Tarkin / 15,44% TMR / crit chance down; offense down
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Ive been using Zader, Jyn, FOO, DK, and Tarkin. I can reliably auto p1-p3 and usually most of the way through 4 (finish on manual if anyone takes hits in 4). FOO and jyn with lowest health+prot so they target each other with their 100% ally tm specials. They will bounce back and forth doing 100% and 50% removals twice as often as the other toons go approx
  • Options
    BrakirKY wrote: »
    ....FOO and jyn with lowest health+prot so they target each other with their 100% ally tm specials. ....

Clever! :)
  • Options
    I have experimenting a lot lately. I do not have Nihilus, Thrawn or Director Krennic. But almost everything else including fairly ok mods.

- And I cannot auto-solo the raid no matter what I do :-(

Best results come with either Zader (l), Jyn, TFP (or Bistan), Magnatrooper & Tarkin. Thay can on a good day bring me to phase 4 and I can solo it myself from there.

My Bistan is gear 9, but the only thing I can see that would make any difference is the Mk 6 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator (+6 speed) at gear 10. I haven't given him the omega on his Frenzy ability (duration +1), it might make a difference
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You need TMR the most in P4 because Rancor becomes faster. Tarkin is the most useless in P4 because he stops his TMR as it is tagged to his AOE and he will never use it when there is only 1 target (Rancor). On top of that, every 3 turns, instead of using his basic attack which still has a chance to trigger Zader leadership, he uses IT instead which for all practical purposes contributes nothing towards your goal. If your goal is to Auto the entire raid, he is the number 1 to ditch.
    I've started using FOO and he is a very good complement to Jyn Erso. Based on what you have now, you could try Zader, Jyn, TFP, Magma, Bistan but unless you have very good speed, you will probably still fall short on P4.
  • Options
    Zader, TFP, Jyn, FOO, Thrawn.
    Thrawn +104 speed, Jyn +95, others in +60 - +80 area. Jyn and FOO lower prot+health than others, so they favour each other with TM gifts.
    4:1 so far, 4 auto solos, 1 fail(had to manually play the rest with surviving 4). Rng is a b..ch sometimes..
  • Options
    Platzman wrote: »
    Zader, TFP, Jyn, FOO, Thrawn.
    Thrawn +104 speed, Jyn +95, others in +60 - +80 area. Jyn and FOO lower prot+health than others, so they favour each other with TM gifts.
    4:1 so far, 4 auto solos, 1 fail(had to manually play the rest with surviving 4). Rng is a b..ch sometimes..

Thrawn is the killer, but I need the extra star before I can use him. I'm ready, but the event will not be back in at least 1 month.

The Jyn + FOO combo is great, but the lowest prot+health part is more difficult than one would imagine. TFP and Bistan has very little of both and my best speed mods (Jyn) also have lot of protection+health (who would have guessed that would be a problem :) )
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    You need TMR the most in P4 because Rancor becomes faster. Tarkin is the most useless in P4 because he stops his TMR as it is tagged to his AOE and he will never use it when there is only 1 target (Rancor). On top of that, every 3 turns, instead of using his basic attack which still has a chance to trigger Zader leadership, he uses IT instead which for all practical purposes contributes nothing towards your goal. If your goal is to Auto the entire raid, he is the number 1 to ditch.
    I've started using FOO and he is a very good complement to Jyn Erso. Based on what you have now, you could try Zader, Jyn, TFP, Magma, Bistan but unless you have very good speed, you will probably still fall short on P4.

I will be keeping an eye out for Tarkin, I had not noticed him not using the AOE on auto. That makes him completely useless compared to Rex, RG, Teebo and a lot of others
  • Options
    BrakirKY wrote: »
    Ive been using Zader, Jyn, FOO, DK, and Tarkin. I can reliably auto p1-p3 and usually most of the way through 4 (finish on manual if anyone takes hits in 4). FOO and jyn with lowest health+prot so they target each other with their 100% ally tm specials. They will bounce back and forth doing 100% and 50% removals twice as often as the other toons go approx

Do you get Tenacity down somewhere with this group? I'm being lazy and not looking up DK, whom I'm least familiar with. I've tried variations of Zader, TFP, Teebo, Jyn, R2, Tarkin, QGJ, Rex, Magma...recently got FOO 7* and was wondering if there a combination with FOO that is better for auto. Don't have DK or Thrawn 7*. Have enough shards for 7* Bistan, but haven't leveld or geared him.
  • Options
    Funny how this thread died as soon as Commander Luke Skywalker got released :D
  • Options
    You should be able to solo on auto in under 10 minutes with Wiggs/CLS/Han Zolo/Jyn
  • Options
    Would I be better off with a teboo lead or a Zader lead?
  • Options
    Napoli wrote: »
    You should be able to solo on auto in under 10 minutes with Wiggs/CLS/Han Zolo/Jyn

This team definately works even without Han Solo Zeta, though he is my next Zeta planned :)
  • Options
    Would I be better off with a teboo lead or a Zader lead?

with a wedge lead.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You can solo it with just Jyn and CLS if you don't have uber mods to solo it with just CLS.
    With CLS you have a multitude of solo strategies.
    The fastes is 6min and change with Wiggs,zHan and CLS.
  • Options
    Hey, so if I have Wiggs & CLS, but am still working on Jyn & Han Solo (49 shards short), who would be a good replacement?
  • Options
    Hey, so if I have Wiggs & CLS, but am still working on Jyn & Han Solo (49 shards short), who would be a good replacement?

Rex
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

You don't need a replacement. You can 3-men Auto Rancor with just Wedge Biggs and CLS.