Options
    Aaah, thank you :-*
  • Algeroth
    51 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    RobArt wrote: »
    Olga wrote: »
    My shard is an early shard and has a bunch of variety looking at top 5.

1. Rex, GK, R2, GAT, DN
    2. Maul, SiT, EP, Savage, DN
    3. QGJ, JKA, Ezra, R2, GAT
    4. Wiggs, Chaze, R2
    5. GAT, DK, DT, GMT, GK

That looks like a pretty healthy mix to me, compared to what I've been used to seeing. Obviously there's gonna be a higher presence of meta chars R2, GAT, GK, DN. But overall, it's good to see different faction synergies involved.
    LS = 13
    DS = 12
    Not bad I'd say.

Oh my... all the shortcuts for toons. We now have way over 100 toons and I just don't know what GAT, DK or GMT might be :/
    But yes, we have a huge variety in arena now. But Thrawn, Nihilus, Kenobi and of course speeeeeeed is the key to top 10

Huge variety? In most cases, its still only 12 -15 character, mostly combination of Rex, Chaze, Wiggs, R2, GK. No, its not variety for me. Diferetnt factions a their teams, thar is variety, not still same Rebel kitten or mixed "cheat" teams.
    Solution could be easy, forbidding mixing of characters of different factions.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    It is clear, as long as rebels are viable, that is all my shard will know, and now Commander Luke is looming on the horizon. It is hard to continue to be passionated about the game in this conditions.

Because rebels are faster to farm and need no zeta to be viable in top arena. But Empire is way more fun to play than rebels for me, but drawbacks is that they need more time to be farmed (DT, ShT and even Snowtrooper or Thrawn) an also maybe to gear, this is why you have more variety in mature shards.

Ambassador wrote: »

1. Rex, GK, R2, GAT, DN
    4. Wiggs, Chaze, R2
    5. GAT, DK, DT, GMT, GK

That looks like a pretty healthy mix to me, compared to what I've been used to seeing. Obviously there's gonna be a higher presence of meta chars R2, GAT, GK, DN. But overall, it's good to see different faction synergies involved.
    LS = 13
    DS = 12
    Not bad I'd say.

Oh my... all the shortcuts for toons. We now have way over 100 toons and I just don't know what GAT, DK or GMT might be :/
    But yes, we have a huge variety in arena now. But Thrawn, Nihilus, Kenobi and of course speeeeeeed is the key to top 10

Grand Admiral Thrawn, Director Krennic and Grand Moff Tarking. I love the Dark Side, all those cool titles.

Who's Grand Moff Tarking? :smile:
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Who's Grand Moff Tarking? :smile:

Good catch !

"Grand Moff Tarking" : from the verb "to Grand Moff Tarkin", action of ruthlessly and ambitiously promote military power to assert one's authority. Example : blowing up a planet to have the last word.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Algeroth wrote: »
    forbidding mixing of characters of different factions.
    And you think this will create greater variety in the meta?
  • AlexTheG
    215 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    And you think this will create greater variety in the meta?

It's possible. What happens too often now is people assemble the most Op toons and chuck them under the leadership of say, Rex and it all works great because there is no "penalty" for multi faction squads. So again, a dogs dinner of OP toons that require no synergy to still work well. So we get the same few toons used everywhere in the top end of the arena. If successful squads relied on synergy (which was also faction based) then we wouldn't necessarily see the likes of Nihilus cobbled together with Rex, GK, R2 etc.
  • Options
    ..case in point. The person ranked #1 on my shard has Rex (l), Thrawn, R2, Nihilus and GK. Fair play to him / her as clearly it works but given the jumbled up nature of it is, should it??

That's not diverse it's just cobbling together a bunch of meta toons under the meta leader.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    But by restricting Arena to factions only, the only variety you will get is which Sith are used under a Zaul lead. What I mean is, most likely there will be one superior faction, with one superior composition. There probably won't be any counters to it because the characters that can be used as a counter (Rex) have to be used in their own faction. And what about characters that can't even build a faction squad, like Ewoks until recently only had 4, CUP has none, Ugnaught has none. They're as good as removed from the game. This also screws new players who are disqualified from arena until they can build a full faction squad. It just seems like a terrible idea for so many reasons to me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This is against the stated design of the game. They wanted to create a sandbox where toons that wouldn't or couldn't have been on a team can be placed together and fight side by side.

I believe limiting teams or synergy will only limit the "meta" not expand it. We need more options to get more variety.
  • Options
    kylorexx42 wrote: »
    .... I think what the game needs is a complete overhaul release 2-3 toons for every fraction at the same time and 12-20 new zetas. I personally believe the overhaul will change the arena alot because everyone will farm a different direction. It will add a huge variety to galatic war. ...

No, it will not.

Ok, for let's say 2-3 weeks you may be right, but then some whales will find out "the new META" out of this 20-30 toons - it will be released on youtube/swgoh.gg and it will just be the same as before - everyone rushing to get these special 2-3 toons which will make *THE* difference in arena...
  • Options
    We need something to shake things up. release 2-3 toons for every fraction

You lost me with the addition of new heroes. The last thing we need is more characters. I would have instead suggested a mass rework to already in-game heroes, of which there are dozens who have been rendered useless to the power creep effect.

More Zetas would be great too, just not more characters please.
  • Options
    A fresh batch of zetas would be nice
  • Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    "Grand Moff Tarking" : from the verb "to Grand Moff Tarkin", action of ruthlessly and ambitiously promote military power to assert one's authority.
    My neighbor's dog keeps pooping in my yard. Next time that happens, I'm Grand Moff Tarking that mutt.

[Disclaimer: No actual puppies were harmed in the creation of this post.]

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This is against the stated design of the game. They wanted to create a sandbox where toons that wouldn't or couldn't have been on a team can be placed together and fight side by side.

I believe limiting teams or synergy will only limit the "meta" not expand it. We need more options to get more variety.

For me, its bad design of the game or more precisely, bad design of the SW game. I would like have the opportunity to play for the lore factions against others lore factions, even those that they could not meet together.
    But you are right, faction synergy could help to solve the problem.
  • Options
    Multi faction squads make the game interesting. Not only do I think it's cool to use characters on the same team who never would have been on the same side in the movies, but it's also more conducive to theory crafting. Otherwise, you're just choosing from pre-packaged faction teams with the only unique aspect being who you put in the fifth spot
  • Options
    3slink wrote: »
    Have the gw table flip and there be another 12 gw nodes. Double the rewards and potential zeta at the end

I like this idea. Just cause for me GW is the only real content that I actually poilet myself
  • Options
    Multi faction squads make the game interesting. Not only do I think it's cool to use characters on the same team who never would have been on the same side in the movies, but it's also more conducive to theory crafting. Otherwise, you're just choosing from pre-packaged faction teams with the only unique aspect being who you put in the fifth spot

and then there's the everlasting rex lead
  • Options

For me, its bad design of the game or more precisely, bad design of the SW game. I would like have the opportunity to play for the lore factions against others lore factions, even those that they could not meet together.

I would like to see a game mode where you have to use factions. If it is not Territorial Battles, maybe it will be Faction Battles one day? I am not a fan of mixing faction either, but the game was designed to allow it. So in my opinion the best solution is: Make everybody happy by giving them playmodes for both approaches to the game.

The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe
    -Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin
  • Options
    Or give lead bonus to faction side. You want to use all op toon together...yes go for it, but you won't have any lead bonus or it won't apply to all of your team.
  • Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    Or give lead bonus to faction side. You want to use all op toon together...yes go for it, but you won't have any lead bonus or it won't apply to all of your team.

This.
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

and then there's the everlasting rex lead

Rex is arguably the only universal lead that can compete with some of the zeta leads. That's why he so popular right now
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

1. Rex, GK, R2, GAT, DN
    4. Wiggs, Chaze, R2
    5. GAT, DK, DT, GMT, GK

LS = 13
    DS = 12
    Not bad I'd say.

Huge variety? In most cases, its still only 12 -15 character, mostly combination of Rex, Chaze, Wiggs, R2, GK. No, its not variety for me. Diferetnt factions a their teams, thar is variety, not still same Rebel kitten or mixed "cheat" teams.
    Solution could be easy, forbidding mixing of characters of different factions.

What a kitten "solution". Part of the fun is mixing teams. As noted, the meta is way more diverse now than it has been.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I would like to see a game mode where you have to use factions. If it is not Territorial Battles, maybe it will be Faction Battles one day? I am not a fan of mixing faction either, but the game was designed to allow it. So in my opinion the best solution is: Make everybody happy by giving them playmodes for both approaches to the game.

Ummm....LS/DS battles are precisely that already. Then there is arena/GW for those who like to mix and match.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Luke seems to give a nice shake up. Granted im sure only the top 50 on my shard will get him.
  • Options
    MrPosz wrote: »
    3slink wrote: »
    Have the gw table flip and there be another 12 gw nodes. Double the rewards and potential zeta at the end

make it longer is not a good solution at all. For me gw could have only 3-4 nodes and be more challenging in those 3-4 then now in 12 but the total reward will be same as for 12 current nodes.

Make it a 12 wave battle and if your team dies pick up where u left off collect all prizes at the end.

Hahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahhaha, yes that will go over well. People are currently complaining that they can't get through the entire GW and you offer to take their rewards for what they are currently capable of completing.

I remember not being able to beat gw but that all changed such a long time ago. Most days i forget to play it i just enter and retreat. Its a galactic chore

I haven't beat GW snce the power system change. IF I get to node twelve it is GK, rex thrawn and something else hoser.
  • Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    But by restricting Arena to factions only, the only variety you will get is which Sith are used under a Zaul lead. What I mean is, most likely there will be one superior faction, with one superior composition. There probably won't be any counters to it because the characters that can be used as a counter (Rex) have to be used in their own faction. And what about characters that can't even build a faction squad, like Ewoks until recently only had 4, CUP has none, Ugnaught has none. They're as good as removed from the game. This also screws new players who are disqualified from arena until they can build a full faction squad. It just seems like a terrible idea for so many reasons to me.

You are absolutely right. Arena, because of how it is atm and how the game mechanics work, will always have biases in terms of teams or toons used. This is just unavoidable, whether we force teams to be faction only or not.

My shard is diverse at the moment, with a mix of DS (Zaul, DN, Empire, Thrawn), LS (Rebels, Resistance, Jedi) and mixes. Yes the best toons such as Thrawn, DN, R2, Chaze are everywhere but not in the same compo, which is as diverse as this arena can get given the limitations of the game mechanics.
  • Options
    I think there should be slight buffs to teams that strictly adhere to a single faction. For example Rex lead gives TM to clones and half to others, how about exactly the same thing but a couple percent more to those teams that are all clones. Of course there should be exceptions like resistance is pretty kickin, Finn lead already is exclusive to them, and basically already a 5 man group so they shouldn't get much or any of a 5 same squad.
  • Options
    PapiBlanco wrote: »
    I think there should be slight buffs to teams that strictly adhere to a single faction. For example Rex lead gives TM to clones and half to others, how about exactly the same thing but a couple percent more to those teams that are all clones. Of course there should be exceptions like resistance is pretty kickin, Finn lead already is exclusive to them, and basically already a 5 man group so they shouldn't get much or any of a 5 same squad.

Maybe they have it set up so that it encourages the use of one faction?
  • Bailey
    30 posts Member
    Options
    The best way to get variety would be monday jedi day, tues empire/sith day, weds any light side toon, thurs ewok day (LOL) fri rebel day, sat any dark side toon, sun free for all.. repeat

Something like that, then to stay top of arena you have to have a strong roster of characters