The one truth. The balance

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Olga wrote: »
    But by restricting Arena to factions only, the only variety you will get is which Sith are used under a Zaul lead. What I mean is, most likely there will be one superior faction, with one superior composition. There probably won't be any counters to it because the characters that can be used as a counter (Rex) have to be used in their own faction. And what about characters that can't even build a faction squad, like Ewoks until recently only had 4, CUP has none, Ugnaught has none. They're as good as removed from the game. This also screws new players who are disqualified from arena until they can build a full faction squad. It just seems like a terrible idea for so many reasons to me.

Agreed, it would be terrible if they removed CUP and Ugnaught from arena usage.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Ugnaught especially.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Ugnaught especially.

7* ugnaught will be needed at some point
  • Options
    I'd be happy if they can finally spruce up the fleet, cantina, arena and GW shard shops. I'm out of toons to buy there and it'd be nice to get some fresh items/faces in there.
  • Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    Ugnaught especially.

7* ugnaught will be needed at some point
    Maybe for Hondo Ohnaka if he's added at some point. ;)
  • Options
    The balance is tipped to whatever puts money into EA Capital Gains pockets. That is your one truth. There is no in game balance. LS has strong squads and strong leaders... DS has a couple useful toons. Look at the meta report if you don't believe it. LS is the easy path and just given more strength. If you prefer dark side... Well sorry. The game has been tilted towards LS for a long time. Even the great savior leader ability Thrawn has... It is stronger against DS... Again more favor to LS. There is no originality in the LS anymore... Grab 5 toons with rex lead and rock. Or grab some rebels. I don't blame anyone for walking the path of least resistance... But an attempt at balance (other than just to the checkbook) would be appreciated.

Signed
    A preferred Dark Side player
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    What the game needs is to stop favoring light-side particularly rebels. It is getting even worse. Whenever a powerful dark side character is added he just gets stuck in lightside teams (see Thrawn and Nihilis as key examples). It was acknowledged in a June podcast that the community is tired of so many rebels. The solution? Add more rebels, and rework old ones to be more powerful...
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    What the game needs is to stop favoring light-side particularly rebels. It is getting even worse. Whenever a powerful dark side character is added he just gets stuck in lightside teams (see Thrawn and Nihilis as key examples). It was acknowledged in a June podcast that the community is tired of so many rebels. The solution? Add more rebels, and rework old ones to be more powerful...

Honestly it does feel that way however with the droid/sep reworking coming im hoping we get some darkside love and same with first order in december
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    kylorexx42 wrote: »

Honestly it does feel that way however with the droid/sep reworking coming im hoping we get some darkside love and same with first order in december

Saw some speculation about a separatist rework. Is there any confirmation of these rumors, and a time-frame? I would love this so much.
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options
    more rebels as always
  • Options

Saw some speculation about a separatist rework. Is there any confirmation of these rumors, and a time-frame? I would love this so much.

Awhile back a dev said GG is on the lost to be reworked. Im a hardcore droid fan i hope for the best. And maybe droideka
  • kylorexx42
    302 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Cloud24 wrote: »
    more rebels as always

That new raid han tho
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Awhile back a dev said GG is on the lost to be reworked. Im a hardcore droid fan i hope for the best. And maybe droideka

Yeah I remember that. Been slowly farming Grievous in fleet shipments in hope for it. 6* so far. Don't know how long the line of passes is though. Rebels could be taking up a few more spots first...
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    There seems to have been some mention of nightsisters lately so they might be getting a rework soon. Maybe some synergy with Maul and Savage and introduce Talzin.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    +1 totally agree with releasing more than a 2 or 3 toons at once all from the same faction to give the arena a bigger diversity.
  • Options
    Revi wrote: »
    +1 totally agree with releasing more than a 2 or 3 toons at once all from the same faction to give the arena a bigger diversity.

Right no one is going to farm the same way if they did that. Its a way to please a bunch of fans by releasing so many toons an so many fan favs.
  • Options
    There seems to have been some mention of nightsisters lately so they might be getting a rework soon. Maybe some synergy with Maul and Savage and introduce Talzin.

They would have to release a different maul :[
  • Options

Spider legs Maul? :flushed:
    darth-maul-spider-statue-80287-gentle-giants-star-wars-action-figure.jpg
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

I wish but not quite. More like deathwatch maul
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

I wish but not quite. More like deathwatch maul

Yeah agree.. it's look scary anyway :scream:
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Bailey wrote: »
    The best way to get variety would be monday jedi day, tues empire/sith day, weds any light side toon, thurs ewok day (LOL) fri rebel day, sat any dark side toon, sun free for all.. repeat

Something like that, then to stay top of arena you have to have a strong roster of characters

I like this idea.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Balance?!? Truth?!?

This is Galaxy of Rebels!!

For the past months i've tried very hard to run dark side, while struggling with my 7* g11 toons, my arena rebels enemies was kiiling it all with 3* g10. So i definitely gave up, "resist is futile". U must ride the rebels band wagon and that's it.
  • Options
    To be fair, I absolutely destroy Rebels and Jedi with First Order + Thrawn team. Jedi require some manual intervention, but most Rex/Chaze/Kenobi teams I can beat on auto.

On the other hand, until I got Thrawn, Maul teams were a nightmare. In my opinion, Empire has the best potential team in the game right now, and the Thrawn double cooldown teams are also awesome. Things will change when CLS hits the arena, but I'm sure dedicated dark side players will be able to find a counter.
  • Gennadios
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have a better idea, instead adding 12 new toons, how about rebalance the existing ones so that less off them or hot trash, and reign in the legendaries in such a way that throwing the 5 newest legendaries into an arena team won't land you in the top 50.

What I'm finding stale right now is farming just in anticipation of the next OP event units. Movie coming up in December, so might as well get Resistance and First Order up to speed, I can already see Snoke/Bathrobe Luke dethroning Thrawn, and we'll probably have a few minor units like Smoke's Guard that we'll need to buy in order to unlock those two past 3*,

Then the slow, slow grind of farming the remaining shards from the one hard node or occasional spawn in the guild store...