Sweet R2-D2 is back already!!!

Replies

• Options
    2 days notice, that's really sound, thanks for not short changing people @kozispoon

You had over 2 months to farm empire for this. Stop crying cause your not ready. 99 percent are happy it's back so soon. I been ready for awhile.
    Show me where I complained or cried?

• Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    Is it just me that feels like they did this because they're going to delay the release of territory battles or something and it's their way of distracting us/saying sorry? Then again not complaining I need that 7* r2

he will definitely be needed for luke, they are giving everyone a chance to get him before his event starts

Just stop...you have no idea what will be needed for Luke
  • Options
    I thought they said they'd update us on what Territory Battles is, in August, not necessarily that it'll drop in August?
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Is it just me that feels like they did this because they're going to delay the release of territory battles or something and it's their way of distracting us/saying sorry? Then again not complaining I need that 7* r2

he will definitely be needed for luke, they are giving everyone a chance to get him before his event starts

That's not true. We know we need his friends. R2 qualifies. So, it's an educated guess that we need R2, especially since they're shoving him into rotation like this right before the Luke event.
  • Options
    Holy short notice R2-D2!

I didn't have 3 months as I started less than 2 ago. :(
  • Options
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    Was the original R2 event described as very rare?

2 months = VERY RARE

That will be 3 months but, yeah.
  • Options
    xwingm84 wrote: »
    Holy short notice R2-D2!

Then, even 20 days would not have been enough. Maybe even not 3 months.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

That's not true. We know we need his friends. R2 qualifies. So, it's an educated guess that we need R2, especially since they're shoving him into rotation like this right before the Luke event.

Look stop freaking people out and relax kid. Luke has a lot of friends. The Devs will tell us what characters will be required when the time is right. For right now chill because we have no idea what characters will be needed or supplied at the time of the event.
  • Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Holy short notice R2-D2!

60 days, but yeah not enough time if your that new & staring from scratch. You can't even get to level 85 (non whale) in that time and have them all 80+ with high gear and mods.
  • Options
    As long as we don't need old Ben to get Luke, I'm a happy camper. I don't even have him unlocked and have no desire to get him.
  • Options
    2 days notice, that's really sound, thanks for not short changing people @kozispoon

It'll run for a week so you actually have 9 days.
  • Options
    Holy short notice R2-D2!

Ironically, I've been farming Empire specifically for R2-D2 because he's the toon I really want.

I still have a chance... I need to get Magmatrooper from 0 to 5 stars in 10 days basically.
  • Options
    Holy short notice R2-D2!

Ironically, I've been farming Empire specifically for R2-D2 because he's the toon I really want.

I still have a chance... I need to get Magmatrooper from 0 to 5 stars in 10 days basically.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Holy short notice R2-D2!

60 days, but yeah not enough time if your that new & staring from scratch. You can't even get to level 85 (non whale) in that time and have them all 80+ with high gear and mods.

It's all right - you're not meant to have access to everything in two months. There are early-game content, and end-game content, everything comes at a different pace. You do have the advantage of insight in the game, as you can come on this forum (or on other websites) and look for advices, tips, strategies.
    There's also a question of expectation : not everything can depend from a single squad. Devs have stated numerous times that, to fully benefit from the game's events and different modes, we need to farm broadly, not deeply (and thinly). That is, work on a roster of two dozen characters, instead of focusing on five toons for the Arena, leaving all the rest behind. A slow and steady grind of a wide roster is rewarded by being able to take part in numerous events.
  • Options
    Holy short notice R2-D2!

It's all right - you're not meant to have access to everything in two months. There are early-game content, and end-game content, everything comes at a different pace. You do have the advantage of insight in the game, as you can come on this forum (or on other websites) and look for advices, tips, strategies.
    There's also a question of expectation : not everything can depend from a single squad. Devs have stated numerous times that, to fully benefit from the game's events and different modes, we need to farm broadly, not deeply (and thinly). That is, work on a roster of two dozen characters, instead of focusing on five toons for the Arena, leaving all the rest behind. A slow and steady grind of a wide roster is rewarded by being able to take part in numerous events.

^^This
  • Options
    Holy short notice R2-D2!

I think you quoted the wrong person.
  • Options
    Holy short notice R2-D2!

giphy.gif

LOL :D
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Holy short notice R2-D2!

Assuming 1200 GW tokens a day, you can get 150 shards of Magmatrooper. That is JUST enough to go from 0~5*
  • Options

Look stop freaking people out and relax kid. Luke has a lot of friends. The Devs will tell us what characters will be required when the time is right. For right now chill because we have no idea what characters will be needed or supplied at the time of the event.

why does a simple prediction offend you so buthurtedly..

He will be needed, id put money on that, what do you think? other than that 'we'll know when we know'
  • Options

I think you quoted the wrong person.
    You're right, sorry. Was for the person you answered to.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    I hope Thrawn doesn't return that quick too, I didn't finish 2 Poenix yet because I thought he comes back in 4-6 months or something like that. :D
  • Options
    Boo. I am just getting my Tarkin to 7*, leaving me with 4 7* empire toons, and 1 5* Stormtrooper. Think I can farm 55 Stormtrooper shards before the event ends to give me a 6* R2? Lol
  • Options
    ponce104 wrote: »
    Boo. I am just getting my Tarkin to 7*, leaving me with 4 7* empire toons, and 1 5* Stormtrooper. Think I can farm 55 Stormtrooper shards before the event ends to give me a 6* R2? Lol

If you have the Cantina store currency saved up you should be able to get him to 7*. Can get 20 shards a day from the store. Plus hard nodes if you need to.
  • Options

tenor.gif
    But you are going to have to refresh your cantina energy, probably twice a day to be sure.
  • Options
    I do not have it saved up at all. Lol I was farming Poe, but I'm gonna shift focus and start refreshing my cantina energy twice a day. At least this will also help my Kylo farming. Lol
  • Options

He will be needed, id put money on that, what do you think? other than that 'we'll know when we know'

Oh I like predictions...but you didn't say you "think", or you "predict", or anything like that. You said "he will definitely be needed" and "he will be needed". That's a statement of fact not a prediction. Guess, opinion, hope...no problem. But R2 "definitely" will be required?...nope, because you don't know that.
  • Options
    I do not have it saved up at all. Lol I was farming Poe, but I'm gonna shift focus and start refreshing my cantina energy twice a day. At least this will also help my Kylo farming. Lol

That makes it tougher. Supplement the shards from Cantina store with hard node farming
  • Options

Oh I like predictions...but you didn't say you "think", or you "predict", or anything like that. You said "he will definitely be needed" and "he will be needed". That's a statement of fact not a prediction. Guess, opinion, hope...no problem. But R2 "definitely" will be required?...nope, because you don't know that.

yes you love predictions, clearly..

given that 1. i am not cg and 2. the luke event has not happened yet on planet earth.. doesnt that make me saying 'r2 will be needed' clearly a prediction? As in like, for the future....

But he will definitely be needed for luke, get over it
  • Options

yes you love predictions, clearly..

given that 1. i am not cg and 2. the luke event has not happened yet on planet earth.. doesnt that make me saying 'r2 will be needed' clearly a prediction? As in like, for the future....

But he will definitely be needed for luke, get over it

lol...we will see :)
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    also just to warn you uRRRurRuRuRR will also be needed at 7* in a first round, before you can obtain any shards. confirmed. Sorry you didnt start that hard node farm i time buddy