Why only 2 days notice for R2 event?

Prev13
I don't get it. We get 30 days notice for palpatine, 20 days for yoda and only 2 days for R2? R2 is far more impotent than those two. What gives?

Replies

• Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    Stop complaining and be glad it's back.
  • Options
    I didn't get a chance to get my empire to 7 stars. Obviously that's not an issue for you.
  • Options
    Cause hell be requiered for luke....
  • crzydroid
    7358 posts Moderator
    Options
    Palpatine and Yoda are on a fixed schedule. This is only the second R2 event. Also, my guess is he will meet a requirement for Commander Luke.
  • Options
    Kinda hard to exclude him from lukes story...
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    The general rule of thumb is to get ready before an event is announced if you know the requirements for said event. With that said. It would be a good idea for people to get their phoenix ready if we are going to see legendary events come back more quickly.
  • Options
    You had plenty of notice the first time. Now that he's back, you should be ready, or at least you shouldn't complain
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to get my empire to 7 stars. Obviously that's not an issue for you.

It's not an issue for me. But many others were in that boat but can now get him, I am glad they have that opportunity. I will be happy for you when you are able to get him. The more frequently he appears the less people will have to wait. A longer wait is a bad thing imo.
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    What? It's coming back already? Where did you see that?
  • Options
    You've actually had since last R2 event to start working on your Empire team. I missed first Yoda and first Emperor event (launch shard here) but I started farming what I needed and got them both 7 star second run.

I walked through the R2 event the first time, so I may be talking from a high place, but come on. You obviously didn't get him the first time, no reason not to have worked on your Empire squad.

Also, and this is pure speculation, but I'm betting Thrawn shows up September. I only got him 5 star the first time, but guess what, I started farming Phoenix. I'll have him 7 next time he shows up.

Choices, my man.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    MPac wrote: »
    What? It's coming back already? Where did you see that?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/122359/event-info-8-1#latest
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    Options
    And soon 3PO will be on our doorsteps also
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    I wish we had more time, I would have really preferred it if they had switched the position of the Yoda and R2 events so there was a bit more time for those that thought we would have more time for farming Empire characters. I personally only have 3 Empire characters at 7*, one at 6* and 3 at 5* but one of those 5* is Thrawn which really doesn't help. xD Guess I'm going to be scrambling over the next week like I did the first time R2 appeared. It's tradition!
  • Options
    Uh no, I didn't. I wasn't even playing this game the first time. Only level 79. So I have a right to point this out if there was plenty of notice given the first time.
    You had plenty of notice the first time. Now that he's back, you should be ready, or at least you shouldn't complain

• Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    You've actually had since last R2 event to start working on your Empire team. I missed first Yoda and first Emperor event (launch shard here) but I started farming what I needed and got them both 7 star second run.

I walked through the R2 event the first time, so I may be talking from a high place, but come on. You obviously didn't get him the first time, no reason not to have worked on your Empire squad.

Also, and this is pure speculation, but I'm betting Thrawn shows up September. I only got him 5 star the first time, but guess what, I started farming Phoenix. I'll have him 7 next time he shows up.

Choices, my man.

Couldn't agree more! Just because a toon is offered doesn't mean you just get to have it. You are control of what you want to grind out and collect. I couldn't get Thrawn to 7 stars the first time either, and even though I don't really want Phoenix Squad, I collected them so I can max out Thrawn next time.

Because of that, I have once again stopped grinding clones and resistance again. I just keep telling myself someday I can get them completed.

The point being I want to be ready next time he appears.
  • Options
    Uh no, I didn't. I wasn't even playing this game the first time. Only level 79. So I have a right to point this out if there was plenty of notice given the first time.

Valid point.

Also valid is that MOST of us missed Yoda and Emperor their first run. Since this is your first try at R2...welcome to the club.
  • Options
    Those of you defending EA may want to ask yourselves why they wouldn't just give us 20 or even 10 days notice of R2 event when it's a meta toon. Guess what, there are some whales who will spend mucho crystals to get their empire toons ready on short notice. That's a likely explanation as any.
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options

Valid point.

Also valid is that MOST of us missed Yoda and Emperor their first run. Since this is your first try at R2...welcome to the club.

I guess, there is this small website called Google where you can search things to get answers to many things including How to unlock R2D2 SWGOH
  • Options

Lawyered!
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

Valid point.

I guess, there is this small website called Google where you can search things to get answers to many things including How to unlock R2D2 SWGOH

I assume you meant to quote someone else...since I walked through the R2 event his first showing.
  • Options
    I've been trying to get old ben for luke...empire was going to be next. Might be able to get him at 5*, but I agree with op. Very unhappy.
  • Options

Valid point.

Except If he wasn't playing the first time, there's a pretty good chance he wouldn't have 5 7* empire ready to go by meow anyway. Plus, he had to know about R2 and what the requirements were and that it could return.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    Your time frames are all based on first run notice. We did get a couple weeks' notice for R2's first run. This is his second run. Since you are new, maybe you didn't know, but ALL Legendary events eventually come back. As such, once the first run is announced, that is your notice to be ready for all runs, basically.

And, lastly, they probably checked data and found out that not a lot of people have 7* R2, and 7* R2 is probably a requirement for Luke. So, they're shoehorning him in, trying to help people out.
  • Options
    I started working on empire as soon as I finished Yoda and EP. Now I have 5 empire toons at 7*, but they lack a lot of gear and they have 0 mods. I hope I can at least unlock it, because I've heard it's a very difficult challenge.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Options
    You have until Aug 11, so more like 10 days notice. Start farming!
  • Options
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I've been trying to get old ben for luke...empire was going to be next. Might be able to get him at 5*, but I agree with op. Very unhappy.

Well you told you needed old Ben for Luke? That's your own fault.
  • Options
    It will depend on which characters you have.
  • GAinLA
    12 posts Member
    Options
    It runs for 8 days so you will have a week to get some toons stared up.
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    RandyMarsh wrote: »

Well you told you needed old Ben for Luke? That's your own fault.

I thought it was more likely we'd need characters like him rather than a legendary character and that r2 would be needed for a later version of luke. I know I was wrong I'm just disappointed I'll have to wait another three or four months to 7* r2.
  • Options
    Safe to say we will need R2 for Luke then. Looks like raid han could be on the table too?
This discussion has been closed.