Why only 2 days notice for R2 event?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    to be fair tho you should have finished after the last one all things you wanted by now... i mean if u want him you should have all req by now and if you worked on ewoks or thrawn then you wouldn't have made it anyway...just me tho, i finish all event things after it passes then and there without break...
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Please stop with the crying!!!

I only got a 6 star R2D2 last time. Maybe I'll get 7 star this time. I don't know, but I have improved my empire since then.

Look, the bottom line is that it's no secret what characters you need to get repeated legendary event characters. Work on them and stop crying.

Who's crying? It's reasonable to ask why the short notice especially since the R2 event isn't even in the events in game for me yet. Now I'm one of those that don't have 5 7* Empire characters yet, but I'll do my best to grind for those I need to get up. I may end up buying more crystals to pay for the grind for TFP.

It's really not resonable at all. If it was the first time, I'd understand, but it's not. It'd be different if it was Heroes Journey in 3 days and they said hey btw you need at least 5 tuskens to unlock Luke. Then It's reasonable to complain because there's only 3 Tuskens so only whales can buy the 2 new ones to unlock luke, and outside of Shaman (because of Zader raids) no one likely has all 3 that are in game 7* and geared/modded.

Uh huh, and it's shame on me for assuming that EXTREMELY RARE meant more than 3 months and hey, I get that it's on me. I just wish that we had gotten a LITTLE more warning than 2 days. That's all.
  • Options

I only got a 6 star R2D2 last time. Maybe I'll get 7 star this time. I don't know, but I have improved my empire since then.

Look, the bottom line is that it's no secret what characters you need to get repeated legendary event characters. Work on them and stop crying.

Who's crying? It's reasonable to ask why the short notice especially since the R2 event isn't even in the events in game for me yet. Now I'm one of those that don't have 5 7* Empire characters yet, but I'll do my best to grind for those I need to get up. I may end up buying more crystals to pay for the grind for TFP.

It's really not resonable at all. If it was the first time, I'd understand, but it's not. It'd be different if it was Heroes Journey in 3 days and they said hey btw you need at least 5 tuskens to unlock Luke. Then It's reasonable to complain because there's only 3 Tuskens so only whales can buy the 2 new ones to unlock luke, and outside of Shaman (because of Zader raids) no one likely has all 3 that are in game 7* and geared/modded.

Uh huh, and it's shame on me for assuming that EXTREMELY RARE meant more than 3 months and hey, I get that it's on me. I just wish that we had gotten a LITTLE more warning than 2 days. That's all.

Yes it would have been better if it was mid month because they knew it would take people by a little surprise
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    For those complaining about R2D2 event, start getting your Phoenix Squad ready for the Thrawn event now. You've been warned.
    Post edited by Austin09370 on
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I don't understand all the angst. If you don't get him this time, don't worry. He'll be back.

My r2 serves me well right now in arena :wink:
  • Options
    to be fair tho you should have finished after the last one all things you wanted by now... i mean if u want him you should have all req by now and if you worked on ewoks or thrawn then you wouldn't have made it anyway...just me tho, i finish all event things after it passes then and there without break...

Yeah that's how you should do it. Not just wait until they give a notice that its coming back to start farming them again lol.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    I get sick of the abuse from some of the regs and trolls on people who mention actual complaints. The whole world doesn't revolve around you, cool story you've been here for a while and have the required characters etc. But it's known that things here are charted, scheduled etc. People are working on other things and don't have the resources/time that you have. So yeah it's going to be frustrating af, when this type of thing happens.

And don't think we don't get that it's less competition for you if they don't get it. They're not even writing to you, they're writing to staff. Stop blocking/low key trying to get in favor.
  • Options
    R2D2 and thrawn have been EAs main advertising tools for the last 8 weeks. No surprise they are coming back.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Rlex wrote: »
    I get sick of the abuse from some of the regs and trolls on people who mention actual complaints. The whole world doesn't revolve around you, cool story you've been here for a while and have the required characters etc. But it's known that things here are charted, scheduled etc. People are working on other things and don't have the resources/time that you have. So yeah it's going to be frustrating af, when this type of thing happens.

And don't think we don't get that it's less competition for you if they don't get it. They're not even writing to you, they're writing to staff. Stop blocking/low key trying to get in favor.

I don't think people are worried about other people getting r2 or not. The whole world doesnt revolve around any player, including players that arent prepared. Everything about this game is management. Resource, time. If you choose not to make empire characters a priority after the first time around you cant be upset if you're not ready now.
  • Options

"But it's known that things here are charted, scheduled etc", are we playing the same game?

There are a lot of unexpected things that happen in this game that you are not given a development road map for. If you knew the characters required and you really wanted the legendary character, you would have already started preparing. Simple as that.
  • Options
    I don't get it. We get 30 days notice for palpatine, 20 days for yoda and only 2 days for R2? R2 is far more impotent than those two. What gives?

Not a native speaker here, but im guessing by impotent you refer to yoda and palps. R2 runs on batteries ;)
  • Options
    I don't get it. We get 30 days notice for palpatine, 20 days for yoda and only 2 days for R2? R2 is far more impotent than those two. What gives?

Yeah but if u add potency cross and potency mod sets u should b good....
  • Options

Or ask Morpheus for some of them blue pills
  • Options
    dPaxton wrote: »

Yes it would have been better if it was mid month because they knew it would take people by a little surprise

Exactly. That was the point that I tried to make in my first post.
  • Options

You wanna know how I know what kind of conversations you have been having??
  • Options

Or ask Morpheus for some of them blue pills

Neo is a punk. I would have take both pills.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

I don't think people are worried about other people getting r2 or not. The whole world doesnt revolve around any player, including players that arent prepared. Everything about this game is management. Resource, time. If you choose not to make empire characters a priority after the first time around you cant be upset if you're not ready now.

Look at it like this. If you have an R2, that's a clear advantage. If the new people get that or whatever else. There goes the advantage. If people down below keep hitting roadblocks then you're going to be happy cause that's less people to get to your level. If dev, staff fix these issues then that means more competition. If devs don't fix the issue, chances are they'll either quit or not get to your level since this game isn't that balanced in characters. The OP is real.

Yeah you're right this game is management. And that's part of the issue. They dropped the ball. You got this ewok stuff going on, yoda coming up etc etc. So two days before. That's not on the people's fault. It'd be their fault if the missed the yoda event cause it's been ticking down for a while. So yeah they can be mad. They can be very mad.

• Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

Look at it like this. If you have an R2, that's a clear advantage. If the new people get that or whatever else. There goes the advantage. If people down below keep hitting roadblocks then you're going to be happy cause that's less people to get to your level. If dev, staff fix these issues then that means more competition. If devs don't fix the issue, chances are they'll either quit or not get to your level since this game isn't that balanced in characters. The OP is real.

Yeah you're right this game is management. And that's part of the issue. They dropped the ball. You got this ewok stuff going on, yoda coming up etc etc. So two days before. That's not on the people's fault. It'd be their fault if the missed the yoda event cause it's been ticking down for a while. So yeah they can be mad. They can be very mad.

New people can't expect to be at the same level as players that have been playing for a while, I'm sorry thats just not realistic. Not every event is meant for everybody to be able to do at the same time.
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    What if he is not a requirement for commander Luke, but instead he has synergies with Luke. Also this is the shortest notice for a legendary event that we have had. It should have been more honestly to give people time to prepare.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options

"But it's known that things here are charted, scheduled etc", are we playing the same game?

There are a lot of unexpected things that happen in this game that you are not given a development road map for. If you knew the characters required and you really wanted the legendary character, you would have already started preparing. Simple as that.

Get in a better guild to get your game up lol.

There's always other things going on. To act ignorant about it to try and be right on this forum is foul. The things out you guys mouth has me smh. Yeah if you really wanted it you'd upgrade on it and forget everything else going on blah blah... blah. But that's why there's the time.

Btw... I have my team. I still think this is jacked up and it should be fair. It's real easy to talk how life isn't fair when you already have the thing.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

Get in a better guild to get your game up lol.

There's always other things going on. To act ignorant about it to try and be right on this forum is foul. The things out you guys mouth has me smh. Yeah if you really wanted it you'd upgrade on it and forget everything else going on blah blah... blah. But that's why there's the time.

Btw... I have my team. I still think this is jacked up and it should be fair. It's real easy to talk how life isn't fair when you already have the thing.

How is this game not fair. Everyone has a choice on who to farm and sometimes those choices prevent you from unlocking someone. It happens. New players shouldn't be automatically given things older players have worked for which is basically what you're saying should happen.
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Options
    I started working in my Empire a couple months ago because I really wanted R2D2. I started building it little by little, with no rush, thinking that we will have at least 4 months and 15 days since the event showing up (like every other rare event until now). So I left the toons ready to 7 star them in 15 days.

Then I was trying to do thee Zeta challenge, so I 7 star Tarkin and TFP.
    I am really happy with R2 coming back so soon (totally didn't expect that), and I probably will 7 starred it (only one toon left, RG 58/100). But it was only luck. Its very funny people talking about resources managment and things like that.

I really love this game, and I happy today, because I will have R2 a lot sooner that i though.

Said that, I really think that give 2 days notice for this kind of event is wrong. I don't know why the devs did this, not blaming them, maybe they have their reasons. But I reading this post, and all people saying "its your fault, you should farm it just after the first time" and make me sick.

Guys, you really have to stop trolling all post. Do this event with a 2 days notice is not nice. Ok, we all now that you have every single toon maxed beccause you have been playing for a long time, but a lot of people don't. And after R2 first event, we had Phoenix and Ewoks to farm, so it was very difficult farm empires characters also.

So, for one time in your lifes try to think in other people, not only you. Don't blame them, because from my point of view is not their fault. I understand that in this game resources managment is key, but do this event with 2 days notices seems unfair to me.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    This entire thread is horribly ungrateful. Everyone has known exactly what the requirements are for this event long enough to farm 2 empire teams. If you were using your resources every day to get an empire team then knowing when is irrelevant. It's coming, and you need an empire team. You aren't getting arena tokens any faster to get your Tarkin to max by having a heads up on the date. There was absolutely not the slightest shread of mystery here about what was required. You either farmed it, or you didn't. If you made the choice to farm something else then that's on you.

FYI, we've known for quite a while now we need Phoenix for Thrawn. It's not magic. Start farming them now if you want him. Today. Begin immediately. The date is meaningless to how fast you can farm them unless you're buying crystals. If you procrastinate it's your fault. If there is a new event I want to know what I need in time to work towards it. Already run events are common knowledge. Stop blaming the devs.

Awesome job lately dev team. Ignore this nonsense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thanks everyone for weighing-in. It's been noted that some players feel a two-day count-down timer to the R2 event feels unfair to some players while other player fail to see an issue. No right or wrong here, but the topic has run out of breath.
  • Options
    Fairly new player!!!
    Since I unfortunatelly followed the event listing in-game and prepared for Yoda, and was planning on getting Empire right after, I am no where close to be ready for R2-D2 event tomorrow, but hey what I can do!!

In the other hand, i might be able to push a bit and get a 6* team, but not sure it will beat it, so should I rush? Here's what i can farm in a few days:

EP(L) - gear VIII
    VADER - gear VIII
    TFP - gear VIII
    RG - gear VII
    Snowtrooper - gear VI

Can i get R2 6*?
  • Options
    You might need to bump up SnT but other than that, probably
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    We had about 2-3 months notice. He came out in May, in the same format as Palpatine and Yoda events that come out periodically. If you weren't playing back then, then don't feel bad about not being able get him this time. He'll be back. Farm empire in the meantime.

Also FYI, we got Thrawn about a month and a half ago. Required Phoenix squad to unlock. If you want him, he'll probably be coming in a month or two.
  • Options
    I wouldn't risk it unless you are sure your team for yoda is ready. Once you have yoda you can sink material into r2. I would hate to see someone put resources into empire and miss yoda and r2 by a fraction.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
This discussion has been closed.