Character Strategy: Commander Luke Skywalker

Replies

  • @Danix - I believe @Krayden_Phogg meant it as in "Not sure which part of the described actions/stats are part of the zeta or the non-zeta" (meaning that the descriptions would include the zeta)
  • Danix wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    I'd love to know which of the 6 abilities have zeta upgrades. Can probably count his basic out, but without knowing which abilities are zeta'ed and what the pre-zeta ability stats are, its hard to know how useful he'll be without spending zetas on him. All in all, he looks like a giant zeta sink.

    Lead & both uniques.

    Thanks! Wonder how good they are un-zeta'ed. For example, if someone only told you Finn's leader ability with its zeta description, you'd rightfully think he's a great leader. But without that zeta, his leader is pretty underwhelming.

    You're welcome. The specifics the Zeta adds we won't know yet until he's in game (or if they developers say)

    Wait, you want to tell me these abilities and bonuses are without the zetas?

    They are. He was asking what the Zeta adds from level 7 to level 8. Example QGJ lead is +25 speed at level 7. Once Zeta it's +30 speed, offense equal to x3 speed and the foresight bonuses. We only know what the ability is once Zeta. We don't know what CLS uniques and Leader are ability wise without the Zeta, like his non Zeta lead is it 25% counter chance only and +25% defense only? Is it only the counter chance?
  • Snex wrote: »
    @Danix - I believe @Krayden_Phogg meant it as in "Not sure which part of the described actions/stats are part of the zeta or the non-zeta" (meaning that the descriptions would include the zeta)

    Correct. Ty @Snex
  • [quote=Correct. Ty @Snex [/quote]

    Anytime ;) First time poster and always looking for good info on here so figured I'd contribute when I can ;)

  • Anyone else notice Old Ben has TAUNT
  • VarsityW wrote: »
    Anyone else notice Old Ben has TAUNT

    Yeah it's been talked about since the announcement over 24 hours ago. He's also getting the Rebel tag.
  • On the positive side: Commander Luke Skywalker looks like a brilliant character! Excellent abilities! Playing with him will be wonderful; playing against him will be a real challenge. Really looking forward to his release
  • On the down side: why does Commander Skywalker have only the Rebel tag? As everyone well knows, in Empire Stikes Back, Luke was already in training as a Jedi. In-game Ezra Bridger has been given both the Rebel and Jedi tags, even though he is still training to become a Jedi as well, so why has the same not been done for CLS? It would be interesting to know the logic behind this.

    Not that I think asking will be of any use, but please consider adding the Jedi tag to Commander Skywalker as well before his release. At this point in his journey, he was after all both a Rebel and a Jedi Padawan.
  • Athalore wrote: »
    On the down side: why does Commander Skywalker have only the Rebel tag? As everyone well knows, in Empire Stikes Back, Luke was already in training as a Jedi. In-game Ezra Bridger has been given both the Rebel and Jedi tags, even though he is still training to become a Jedi as well, so why has the same not been done for CLS? It would be interesting to know the logic behind this.

    Not that I think asking will be of any use, but please consider adding the Jedi tag to Commander Skywalker as well before his release. At this point in his journey, he was after all both a Rebel and a Jedi Padawan.

    He was not a Jedi Padawan until he started training with Yoda.
  • Athalore wrote: »
    On the down side: why does Commander Skywalker have only the Rebel tag? As everyone well knows, in Empire Stikes Back, Luke was already in training as a Jedi. In-game Ezra Bridger has been given both the Rebel and Jedi tags, even though he is still training to become a Jedi as well, so why has the same not been done for CLS? It would be interesting to know the logic behind this.

    Not that I think asking will be of any use, but please consider adding the Jedi tag to Commander Skywalker as well before his release. At this point in his journey, he was after all both a Rebel and a Jedi Padawan.

    He was not a Jedi Padawan until he started training with Yoda.

    Which is what nearly half of Empire Strikes Back is about. So kindly clarify from which part of the film the character of Commander Skywalker comes from?
  • Athalore wrote: »
    Athalore wrote: »
    On the down side: why does Commander Skywalker have only the Rebel tag? As everyone well knows, in Empire Stikes Back, Luke was already in training as a Jedi. In-game Ezra Bridger has been given both the Rebel and Jedi tags, even though he is still training to become a Jedi as well, so why has the same not been done for CLS? It would be interesting to know the logic behind this.

    Not that I think asking will be of any use, but please consider adding the Jedi tag to Commander Skywalker as well before his release. At this point in his journey, he was after all both a Rebel and a Jedi Padawan.

    He was not a Jedi Padawan until he started training with Yoda.

    Which is what nearly half of Empire Strikes Back is about. So kindly clarify from which part of the film the character of Commander Skywalker comes from?

    I'll let you figure that out for yourself.

    HINT: CLS is not tagged as a Jedi

    Good Luck!
  • Athalore wrote: »
    Athalore wrote: »
    On the down side: why does Commander Skywalker have only the Rebel tag? As everyone well knows, in Empire Stikes Back, Luke was already in training as a Jedi. In-game Ezra Bridger has been given both the Rebel and Jedi tags, even though he is still training to become a Jedi as well, so why has the same not been done for CLS? It would be interesting to know the logic behind this.

    Not that I think asking will be of any use, but please consider adding the Jedi tag to Commander Skywalker as well before his release. At this point in his journey, he was after all both a Rebel and a Jedi Padawan.

    He was not a Jedi Padawan until he started training with Yoda.

    Which is what nearly half of Empire Strikes Back is about. So kindly clarify from which part of the film the character of Commander Skywalker comes from?

    I'll let you figure that out for yourself.

    HINT: CLS is not tagged as a Jedi

    Good Luck!

    Please, I am such a total novice to the Star Wars galaxy, don't make me try and figure this out for myself. Please help me out? I would be most grateful for your assistance.
  • panzer
    37 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    About Ezra, Kanan "officially" accepts him as his Jedi padawan and decides to train him, so he has the Jedi tag.

    About Luke, if I remember correctly, Vader tells him during their fight on Bespin that the Force is strong with him, but he is not a Jedi yet.
    That would explain why no Jedi tag I guess (and I don't recall Yoda calling/making him "officially" a Jedi padawan actually).
  • All the characters in the gifs have dodge (like Leia and R2) even though their current kits don't say it. Rework reveal? Return of the dodge meta confirmed?
  • panzer wrote: »
    About Ezra, Kanan "officially" accepts him as his Jedi padawan and decides to train him, so he has the Jedi tag.

    About Luke, if I remember correctly, Vader tells him during their fight on Bespin that the Force is strong with him, but he is not a Jedi yet.
    That would explain why no Jedi tag I guess (and I don't recall Yoda calling/making him "officially" a Jedi padawan actually).

    Thank you for explaining the logic behind the absence of the Jedi tag from CLS, but I remain somewhat confused...

    On Hoth, when Ben appears to Luke, he instructs Luke to go to Dagobah where he will receive training from Yoda (sorry, the exact wording of the conversation escapes me at the moment). On Dagobah, initially Yoda refuses to train Luke, but Obi-Wan convinces him ("Was I any different when you trained me?") and Luke continues with his training.

    So Luke was under instruction from both Ben in A New Hope and now from Yoda in Empire, and yes, when he faced Vader on Bespin, he was not yet a Jedi. On Bespin, Luke had not yet faced any Jedi Trials (Vader was his Trial) but he had still received the Jedi training (again like Ezra)...so CLS has not been given the Jedi tag because neither Ben nor Yoda officially called him a Jedi/Padawan even though they both accepted him as their apprentice and trained him?

    I hope you'll understand my confusion...this all seems like an awful lot of semantics for a game and I would still someday like to hear what the devs reasoning was...unless it is simply to make a powerful faction even stronger? That simply does not seem like a good enough reason.

    Well, whatever anyway. All of this is just my opinion. I still don't get it but I'm still looking forward to the release of Commander Luke Skywalker, and he'll be going into my Jedi Arena squad.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Athalore wrote: »

    On Hoth, when Ben appears to Luke, he instructs Luke to go to Dagobah where he will receive training from Yoda (sorry, the exact wording of the conversation escapes me at the moment). On Dagobah, initially Yoda refuses to train Luke, but Obi-Wan convinces him ("Was I any different when you trained me?") and Luke continues with his training.
    Luke "trained" with Obi-Wan for about 15 minutes on the Millennium Falcon. The expectation (especially considering the description of his journey culminating in the escape from the Death Star, along with the concurrent release of the Hoth Territory Battles) is that this is Luke as he is on or right before Hoth. This is before he has any training from Yoda.
    Even if you include the time (hours? days?) that he trains with Yoda, it's still not enough to realistically call him enough of a Jedi for the tag. For comparison, the Ezra that we have in-game is Ezra from the third season of the Star Wars: Rebels show. At that point, he's been training with Kanan as a padawan for several years, having faced off against several Dark Side Force users.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Here comes PAO!
  • Vader said "Youre no jedi" to CLS in film so therefore he ain't a jedi in game, simple.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Vader said "Youre no jedi" to CLS in film so therefore he ain't a jedi in game, simple.

    He's not a Jedi because it's simply not the right time to introduce Luke as Jedi. Also think if he was tagged as Jedi what powerful the team "zQGJ, GK, CLS, Jedi Luke, R2" will be.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Vader said "Youre no jedi" to CLS in film so therefore he ain't a jedi in game, simple.

    Vader just messing with him trying to get inside his head.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • I really like you bring a Lightsaber luke but the 7* star unlock sucks so much!especially with r2 needed it is impossible for many players. Hope you dont bring him only once a year :smile:
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Vader said "Youre no jedi" to CLS in film so therefore he ain't a jedi in game, simple.

    He's not a Jedi because it's simply not the right time to introduce Luke as Jedi. Also think if he was tagged as Jedi what powerful the team "zQGJ, GK, CLS, Jedi Luke, R2" will be.
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Vader said "Youre no jedi" to CLS in film so therefore he ain't a jedi in game, simple.

    He's not a Jedi because it's simply not the right time to introduce Luke as Jedi. Also think if he was tagged as Jedi what powerful the team "zQGJ, GK, CLS, Jedi Luke, R2" will be.

    What's this nonsense anyway, who needs a jedi to claim you can or cannot be a jedi nor a padawan. I mean, who created the first jedi then, if there were none at first ?
    Luke is clearly using the force the same way any jedi would do, he's clearly following the light side thus he's more jedi than many other official jedis.

    The only thing that won't make him a jedi ingame is that because a third Luke will soon appear with this precious tag (return of the jedi, if that's not clear enough ^ ^).

    My bet is that this time we'll need Yoda instead of R2 to unlock him...
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Vader said "Youre no jedi" to CLS in film so therefore he ain't a jedi in game, simple.

    He's not a Jedi because it's simply not the right time to introduce Luke as Jedi. Also think if he was tagged as Jedi what powerful the team "zQGJ, GK, CLS, Jedi Luke, R2" will be.
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Vader said "Youre no jedi" to CLS in film so therefore he ain't a jedi in game, simple.

    He's not a Jedi because it's simply not the right time to introduce Luke as Jedi. Also think if he was tagged as Jedi what powerful the team "zQGJ, GK, CLS, Jedi Luke, R2" will be.

    What's this nonsense anyway, who needs a jedi to claim you can or cannot be a jedi nor a padawan. I mean, who created the first jedi then, if there were none at first ?
    Luke is clearly using the force the same way any jedi would do, he's clearly following the light side thus he's more jedi than many other official jedis.

    The only thing that won't make him a jedi ingame is that because a third Luke will soon appear with this precious tag (return of the jedi, if that's not clear enough ^ ^).

    My bet is that this time we'll need Yoda instead of R2 to unlock him...

    My english should be bad since I thought this is what I wrote: "He's not a Jedi because it's simply not the right time to introduce Luke as Jedi."
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    FAT doesn't have a Jedi tag and a Jedi squad is currently the best place for her.

    CLS will fit easily into a Jedi squad. Provided you have a zeta on Yodas battle meditation then it's not a issue, plus GK grants foresight to an ally that doesn't have it (i.e FAT, CLS, R2).
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Scary Kit, will be amazing for Raids. Cant imagine the supremacy of a kit on Grand Master Luke or even Jedi Luke.
  • Wow so the rebel teams that were already dominating arena since adding r2 are made more powerful. This sucks.
  • 66.6 views 0_0
  • CLS is awesome as can be. but I think they should have let us know the requirements last month at the least. some main players are going to miss out on this character but of EA not giving a better heads up. I also think restricting what toons can be used is not fair. but thats my 2 cents
  • Athalore wrote: »
    panzer wrote: »
    About Ezra, Kanan "officially" accepts him as his Jedi padawan and decides to train him, so he has the Jedi tag.

    About Luke, if I remember correctly, Vader tells him during their fight on Bespin that the Force is strong with him, but he is not a Jedi yet.
    That would explain why no Jedi tag I guess (and I don't recall Yoda calling/making him "officially" a Jedi padawan actually).

    Thank you for explaining the logic behind the absence of the Jedi tag from CLS, but I remain somewhat confused...

    On Hoth, when Ben appears to Luke, he instructs Luke to go to Dagobah where he will receive training from Yoda (sorry, the exact wording of the conversation escapes me at the moment). On Dagobah, initially Yoda refuses to train Luke, but Obi-Wan convinces him ("Was I any different when you trained me?") and Luke continues with his training.

    So Luke was under instruction from both Ben in A New Hope and now from Yoda in Empire, and yes, when he faced Vader on Bespin, he was not yet a Jedi. On Bespin, Luke had not yet faced any Jedi Trials (Vader was his Trial) but he had still received the Jedi training (again like Ezra)...so CLS has not been given the Jedi tag because neither Ben nor Yoda officially called him a Jedi/Padawan even though they both accepted him as their apprentice and trained him?

    I hope you'll understand my confusion...this all seems like an awful lot of semantics for a game and I would still someday like to hear what the devs reasoning was...unless it is simply to make a powerful faction even stronger? That simply does not seem like a good enough reason.

    Well, whatever anyway. All of this is just my opinion. I still don't get it but I'm still looking forward to the release of Commander Luke Skywalker, and he'll be going into my Jedi Arena squad.

    Yoda said he's too old to begin the training. Case closed.
  • Commander Luke Skywalker
    Determined Rebel hero who can ignore debuffs or ignore Taunts
    yji61q91vmuj.gif

    Unlocks at: Seven stars
    Available from: Hero's Journey Event
    Abilities
    BASIC Attack – Destined Strike:
    7cijc3wznv2n.gif
    • Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Speed Down and Defense Down for 2 turns. If the target already had Speed Down, remove 30% Turn Meter. If the target already had Defense Down, inflict Stun for 1 turn.
    SPECIAL Attack – Use the Force:
    cp4skmtkjxac.gif
    • Deal Physical damage to target enemy, Dispel all buffs on them, remove 100% Turn Meter, and inflict Buff Immunity and Tenacity Down for 2 turns. Reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1 if the target didn’t have full Health. (Cooldown 4).
    SPECIAL Ability – Call to Action:
    cb9syiv0sc8g.gif
    • Dispel all debuffs on Luke. Luke gains 100% Turn Meter and recovers 40% Health and 40% Protection. If Luke doesn’t have the “Call to Action” unique buff, he gains it until the next time this ability is used. (Cooldown 4)
    • Call to Action: Luke ignores Taunts during his turn and has +50% Accuracy, +50% Critical Chance, and +50% Critical Damage. Can’t be Dispelled or prevented.
    Leader Ability – Rebel Maneuvers:
    • Rebel allies have +50% Counter Chance, +50% Defense, and +15% Offense. Whenever an enemy Resists a detrimental effect, Rebel allies gain 5% Turn Meter.
    Unique Ability – Learn Control:
    • While Luke doesn’t have Call to Action, he has +50% Counter Chance, +50% Critical Avoidance, +50% Defense, +100% Tenacity, and gains 10% Turn Meter whenever another Rebel ally takes damage.
    Unique Ability – It Binds All Things:
    • Luke has +40% Potency. Whenever Luke Resists a detrimental effect he recovers 5% Health and 5% Protection. Whenever Luke inflicts a debuff he gains 10% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount.
    General Strategy
    • Luke’s special “Use the Force” is devastating, stripping all buffs and Turn Meter from the target, and then preventing further buffs from being applied through Buff Immunity.
    • Luke’s Lead grants Counter Chance to the entire Rebel Faction for the first time. With all the high-damage attackers within the Rebels, using an AoE against them becomes an interesting proposition of whether the counterstrike might hurt more than the intended AoE attack.
    • Use Luke’s second special to grant himself the “Call to Action” buff when you need to get through a taunting tank and finish off a wounded enemy.

    Hero Synergies
    • Pair Luke with allies that can provide Speed Down and/or Defense Down so that Luke’s basic can proc the more powerful secondary effects of Turn Meter Remove and Stun earlier rather than later.
    • Using Rebels with AoE Debuffs such as Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben), Cassian, R2D2, or Scarif Rebel Pathfinder under a Luke lead can help versus enemies that repeatedly apply Tenacity Up. A full 5 enemies resisting an AoE debuff supplies 25% Turn Meter to all Rebel Allies, which would be doubled to 50% when figuring that Obi-Wan’s “Mind Trick” applies two!
    • Luke’s lead and R2 are a match made in heaven, as each Counterattack gives another opportunity to Critical Hit and cleanse all debuffs from the character.

    Where to Use
    • Luke is one of the most versatile and powerful characters we have released, and can be used in any group in Squad Arena, Raid, Assault Battles, or various other PVE squads.

    Dear CG_Kozispoon ,
    I've been playing this game for nearly two years, and also I've got so many characters at 7 stars .
    I was so psyched and happy to have commander Skywalker, but after releasing this post I've been disappointed at the game. Because I spent a lot of time and effort to farm far boy Luke and now you say we need old ben. Please consider other characters or try to give us a way to reach 7 star Ben faster.
    Looking forward for good news!
    Fingers Crossed
Sign In or Register to comment.