Since r2 is back after 3 months does that mean thrawn will be too?

2Next

Replies

• Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Hera is still 0/85 on my account but once I'm done with my current Cantina farm I'm finishing her then I don't need to worry when Thrawn comes back. Agree with above. R2 is early cause of the CLS event looking. Thrawn won't be back as early as that.
  • RushForGoals
    111 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    GEyEKs4.png

Learning to post image. :)
    I'm not sure why my image never shown up and need an edit. Lol
  • Options
    If thrawn is a priority for you then phoenix should be your top priority. Dont wanna be in the same boat as last time. Mine just got all 7* so im ready.
  • Options
    Not using Sabine what gear level would my phoenix need to be?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Not using Sabine what gear level would my phoenix need to be?

When using undergeared chars it's easier without Sabine anyway. Everyone at g8, except Ezra at g9 and you can do it.
  • Options
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Thrawn isn't that much of a game changer.
    Not everything is about the arena you may be shocked to learn.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Revi wrote: »
    R2 is early, he shouldn't even be back yet... He's only back because to many noobs would cry about needing him 7* to unlock CL.
    Thrawn wont be back for a while.

Maybe, but from all the epic character events so far in the SWGOH universe "extremely rare" means at most every 3-4 months before becoming a monthly event. Thrawn is coming back in December.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Probably not for a while. He isn't a rebel so doesn't get the red carpet treatment like the gazillion rebels do.
  • Options
    It's unlikely. They said R2 was back to celebrate Luke's journey. Basically a lot more people could 7 star him the second time around. And he is required.
  • Options
    Thrawn event should have been released as well. Thrawn is empire & it would make sense to allow those who are ready to attempt to get him for R2 event help.
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    Options
    How much gear/levels does Phoenix need for 7 star Thrawn?
  • Options
    Sure wish empire was going to be viable. Seems like a new leia, Han, Luke, yoda + all rebel reworks spells doom for us.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Hope so
  • Options
    Isn't it obvious? October release for the blue faced character just in time for Halloween! #justaguess
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    The short answer is who knows.

But R2 was raced back because of his requirement for CLS.

Having said that, perhaps Thrawn may also make an appearance soon, as CLS will be the next biggest toon released and Thrawn's rushed release was a little problematic and upset a lot of people and now he's flooded the arena. Anyone who didn't get him is really upset because their arena rank is slipping fast. Dev's should show some love and return Thrawn in the near future for sure.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    The short answer is who knows.

But R2 was raced back because of his requirement for CLS.

Having said that, perhaps Thrawn may also make an appearance soon, as CLS will be the next biggest toon released and Thrawn's rushed release was a little problematic and upset a lot of people and now he's flooded the arena. Anyone who didn't get him is really upset because their arena rank is slipping fast. Dev's should show some love and return Thrawn in the near future for sure.

Haha. Thrawn isnt stealing ranks. He is just being tossed into already decent teams. He gives them a little boost. If your arena rank is tanking since Thrawns release, it's probably mods and zetas holding you back.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    The only reason they brought back R2 so soon is because they required him for commander Luke. Just like they released Phoenix early because they required him for thrawn. Otherwise a good guess at r2 coming back would've been October and thrawn November. I wouldn't count on thrawn coming back so soon unless they require him for something in the near future.
  • Options
    poosalot wrote: »
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Thrawn isn't that much of a game changer.
    Not everything is about the arena you may be shocked to learn.

But I want
  • DarkHelmetOP
    194 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    R2 came back early because of commander Luke. Palpatine was about 6 months so doubt he'll be back real soon. I hope not. It took a lot of effort to speed farm. Many would like thst work to give an advantage for a while...
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    He'll either be back in September for the premiere of the next season of Rebels, or October since 4 months is the longest wait there's ever been on a legendary event before (the Palps event that everyone says was a 6 month wait).
  • Options
    DarthxMaul wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be really likely he'll be back in September? I've heard some people say October is more likely but i don't know

June and august were yoda and july was EP so dont think they will be back soon, leaves R2 and thrawn. R2 was just here for CLS, but unlike thrawn everybody knew he needed empire for R2. Thrawn has only had 2 weeks now instead of usual 4 so i think thrawn will be september, otherwise i think R2
  • Options
    DarthxMaul wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be really likely he'll be back in September? I've heard some people say October is more likely but i don't know

June and august were yoda and july was EP so dont think they will be back soon, leaves R2 and thrawn. R2 was just here for CLS, but unlike thrawn everybody knew he needed empire for R2. Thrawn has only had 2 weeks now instead of usual 4 so i think thrawn will be september, otherwise i think R2

Every month will always have either Yoda or Palpatine. They have a set alternating schedule and thus shouldn't be considered at all when trying to determine the timetable of the random legendary events: R2, Thrawn, & CLS
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Rebel every 4 months, Empire every 6 months
    Keldo wrote: »
    Hera is still 0/85 on my account but once I'm done with my current Cantina farm I'm finishing her then I don't need to worry when Thrawn comes back. Agree with above. R2 is early cause of the CLS event looking. Thrawn won't be back as early as that.

R2-D2 had been there before, Thrawn had too but only for 2 weeks instead of 4 weeks and he required phoenix who were new in the game. They would definitely have their reasons to bring back Thrawn
  • Options
    Gcdevil wrote: »
    How much gear/levels does Phoenix need for 7 star Thrawn?

I think most gear8 and ezra plus one random g9 will be enough