[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Options
    Not gonna read through all 15 pages but... Why not require Lando, Biggs or Wedge? They were all Luke's friends.

Oh wait, then it would be easy.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Oh yay an event where I have all the characters at 7*.
    *Grabs the popcorn* time for the show!
  • Options
    He's harder to get and they're the same person.

Please.
    Commander Luke needs the force! Everyone has all on that team except like old Ben because he's a troll

Low key begging here

Or release a pack

$100 - 330 shards of old ben
    $300 - level old ben to 85, 1 full set of gold mods, 2 million credits, enough gear to get him to gear 10
  • Options
    Not gonna read through all 15 pages but... Why not require Lando, Biggs or Wedge? They were all Luke's friends.

Oh wait, then it would be easy.

lol
  • Options
    gk is not in ep IV, is he?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think people who haven't played this game for at least 6 months to a year deserve to get CLS without paying. A lot of us have put in a lot of time and dedication to get where we're at in the game. All of us that stared playing at launch have been shuffled around on teams to acquire also. We were given Yoda who required us to farm Jedi. We were given some events that required us to have droids and ewoks. We were given a rancor raid that required us to have specific characters for each phase. We were given the heist that required us to have scoundrels. We were then given the emporer which required us to have rebels. We were given a aat raid requiring us yet again to shuffle to figure out what the heck team would work to beat it which took us months. We shuffled through many changing metas which forced us to change our teams to match meta so we could stay in the top 50 at least. We then got r2 forcing us to focus empire and then thrawn forcing us onto Phoenix. We've had the struggle and so should you! Unless you wanna pay, deal with it. We all had too. The fun behind this game is the progression, if you just automatically get everything without any effort, what's the point of this game? Oh wait, I forgot, today's world rewards people for failing.
  • Options
    Oh yay an event where I have all the characters at 7*.
    *Grabs the popcorn* time for the show!

Right there with ya! Can't say how excited I am to be ahead of the game for once lol
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This is correct. Which is why I have spent the last few weeks farming Old Ben and Musket Luke.
    When the news of the Hero's Journey dropped in May, I had a 3* Luke and a 4* Old Ben. Both were subsequently farmed to 7* weeks ago.
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Total ****. It was all speculation.
    So is the stock market? At some point, an educated guess is worth more than denial and anger. CG has a habit of announcing things right before their time, while giving hints prior. Expecting this to be any different is just odd.
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    And why do we need to play Star Wars Trivia Pursuit in addition to this game?
    You don't. That's why other people on the forums debated it, so that you could just read their logical arguments rather than having to come up with your own. Easy-peasy.
    Yea hes correct, in an arrogant elitist sort of way
    He was tipped
    Sorry its what i think, and i bet im right
    Just makes everyone else alot less foolish
    And him alot less clever
    And i might add getting the scoop before everyone else is the ultimate form of having your hand held
    Why on earth do you think I'm privy to "the scoop"? I explicitly stated my reasons for believing what I did in the previous discussions. And I was hardly the only one to believe the same thing. I'm not a special snowflake; just more vocal, perhaps.
    Zehava wrote: »
    Before you get too worn out from patting yourself on the back, the 5/23 update notes state the Heroes Journey doesn't end here, it's after he's a Jedi:

"help Luke prepare for his Hero's Journey as he embarks on the path to become a member of the forgotten Jedi Order."

But yeah nah, facts are inconvenient to being smug, eh?
    Actually, the Road Ahead... post from July 6th, which has conveniently been stickied at the top of the General Discussion forum for the last month, stated:
    HERO’S JOURNEY - LUKE SKYWALKER
    Step into Luke Skywalker’s shoes and experience his journey from Farm Boy to Rebel Hero!
    This is the first event of a new series where you’ll retrace the steps of the iconic hero LUKE SKYWALKER from his humble beginnings on Tatooine through his daring escape from the Galactic Empire’s ultimate weapon.

Completing this event will unlock the next iteration of Luke Skywalker: COMMANDER LUKE SKYWALKER.
    I'd already been farming Luke based on the first announcement back in May. This post from early July just made it obvious that it would be a great idea to farm Old Ben, as well.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Agree, spending anything shortens the game and any fun u get out of it
    I bet i get luke next time or the time after
    And rewards each time i try
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    Cm3Po wrote: »
    I don't think people who haven't played this game for at least 6 months to a year deserve to get CLS without paying. A lot of us have put in a lot of time and dedication to get where we're at in the game. All of us that stared playing at launch have been shuffled around on teams to acquire also. We were given Yoda who required us to farm Jedi. We were given some events that required us to have droids and ewoks. We were given a rancor raid that required us to have specific characters for each phase. We were given the heist that required us to have scoundrels. We were then given the emporer which required us to have rebels. We were given a aat raid requiring us yet again to shuffle to figure out what the heck team would work to beat it which took us months. We shuffled through many changing metas which forced us to change our teams to match meta so we could stay in the top 50 at least. We then got r2 forcing us to focus empire and then thrawn forcing us onto Phoenix. We've had the struggle and so should you! Unless you wanna pay, deal with it. We all had too. The fun behind this game is the progression, if you just automatically get everything without any effort, what's the point of this game? Oh wait, I forgot, today's world rewards people for failing.

Without effort? Plenty of people have played for 6 months to a year and dont have 2 or 3 of the characters unlocked let along 7 starred.

Why would anyone star up or work on old ben or luke in the past year and a half?
  • Options
    Agree, spending anything shortens the game and any fun u get out of it
    I bet i get luke next time or the time after
    And rewards each time i try

Sure...meanwhile you will just get pushed back in pvp for 6 months
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

Without effort? Plenty of people have played for 6 months to a year and dont have 2 or 3 of the characters unlocked let along 7 starred.

Why would anyone star up or work on old ben or luke in the past year and a half?

Because they hinted they would be needed? Old Ben was more guesswork but it was a pretty popular theory and they did everything but scream FARM LUKE.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    Well said @Pyrefly

You know, I don't want an event that is going to be so hard it requires all five toons at g11, but I've got a funny feeling about this.
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

Because they hinted they would be needed? Old Ben was more guesswork but it was a pretty popular theory and they did everything but scream FARM LUKE.

Whatever. Why the heck should we stop farming phoenix or empire for tools we may or may not even need. That's what you people just are not getting.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Yes.. i have all those guys at 7 star!!!
  • Options
    "Oh no, I'm a whale and I need to have my advantage because I didn't farm Old Ben."

No way should GK be allowed for the event. Lando, Ackbar, Han Solo, Wedge, Biggs and even Chewie should be allowed before him.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    We worked on luke and old ben because at one point they were both good. Old ben more so than Luke but Luke was short lived in the very beginning.

Pushed back in pvp? I doubt it. You're on a server with people who stared playing at the same time as you. Unless they paid, they don't have any advantage over you other than RNG and if they made better choices than you.

I didn't have Yoda on his first appearance. I worked to earn him. Same with palps. R2 came in first try because at that point I have 17 months invested into the game. With that amount of time, yes, my f2p roster is quite large. Once you put that amount of time into the game, you can say the same thing.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Yup. Sometimes you have to read the tea leaves. I farmed Luke, Old ben, Tusken Raider to 7 stars and even got Urrorrorrrrr to 5 stars...
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Yesac wrote: »
    Well said @Pyrefly

You know, I don't want an event that is going to be so hard it requires all five toons at g11, but I've got a funny feeling about this.
    Bah, you totally missed an opportunity for:
    hqdefault.jpg
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I don't think people who haven't played this game for at least 6 months to a year deserve to get CLS without paying. A lot of us have put in a lot of time and dedication to get where we're at in the game. All of us that stared playing at launch have been shuffled around on teams to acquire also. We were given Yoda who required us to farm Jedi. We were given some events that required us to have droids and ewoks. We were given a rancor raid that required us to have specific characters for each phase. We were given the heist that required us to have scoundrels. We were then given the emporer which required us to have rebels. We were given a aat raid requiring us yet again to shuffle to figure out what the heck team would work to beat it which took us months. We shuffled through many changing metas which forced us to change our teams to match meta so we could stay in the top 50 at least. We then got r2 forcing us to focus empire and then thrawn forcing us onto notice in

That leaves sth, old ben, leia, and the 5 empire toons you need to unlock r2 in an event that was announced with 7 hour notice in the game.

If you dont think this is something that was done to encourage panic buying of pack..i dont know what to tell you
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    As much as i am happy that Luke is finally in the game, I am not happy with the state of Arena. I just see this as replacing Rex lead and making the tiresome meta of rebels even stronger.

Whenever a premium dark side character is released he just gets thrown in with the rebel meta. Happened with Nihilis, and Thrawn.

I really hope this trend can be reversed.
  • Options
    I don't think people who haven't played this game for at least 6 months to a year deserve to get CLS without paying. A lot of us have put in a lot of time and dedication to get where we're at in the game. All of us that stared playing at launch have been shuffled around on teams to acquire also. We were given Yoda who required us to farm Jedi. We were given some events that required us to have droids and ewoks. We were given a rancor raid that required us to have specific characters for each phase. We were given the heist that required us to have scoundrels. We were then given the emporer which required us to have rebels. We were given a aat raid requiring us yet again to shuffle to figure out what the heck team would work to beat it which took us months. We shuffled through many changing metas which forced us to change our teams to match meta so we could stay in the top 50 at least. We then got r2 forcing us to focus empire and then thrawn forcing us onto notice in

That leaves sth, old ben, leia, and the 5 empire toons you need to unlock r2 in an event that was announced with 7 hour notice in the game.

If you dont think this is something that was done to encourage panic buying of pack..i dont know what to tell you
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    It makes no sense to have Clone Wars Kenobi amongst Episode IV characters.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

Whatever. Why the heck should we stop farming phoenix or empire for tools we may or may not even need. That's what you people just are not getting.

You dont have to do anything. But choices have consequences thats what your not getting. If they ever release a night sister event or FO or even Resistance I wont be able to do because of who i chose to farm.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, no, we get it. We took a risk. It was a calculated risk, but a logical one based on the hints. If I'd been wrong, I would have been bummed, but I wouldn't have complained about it, because that's the way risks work.
    You, on the other hand, are acting like you deserve to be told exactly what you'll need far enough in advance that you can easily farm it even if you hadn't started at all beforehand.
    That's an almost-perfect example of acting entitled.
  • Options
    Pretty dumb they make you level 5 exact chars. I will not do old Ben. I guess I am out for this event
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Luke Ahsoka R-2 Ezra and GK are going to be filthy
  • Options
    If it runs through August 31st, I can possibly get Ben to 7 star; if it doesn't, I can't and will farm Phoenix.
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    Options

Yoda was a hard task for you (still is for new player), but you could at least try to get him to 5*. Why is it not possible for CLS.
    And it is not about rewarding failing people, it's about a group of elitist who are afraid of loosing their supposed superiority if the old rules of their games are changing.

I am pretty sure that noone asked for a easier way to get 7* Luke. But asking to at least enjoy the new content at our level and maybe get some form of reward (a 3* Luke would have been enough. Hell even some shard to show we accomplished something) shouldn't be a crime.
    What you are asking is akin to forbid a soccer team to paticipate in any championship is they don't have a big enough budget. Yes first league is important but second and lesser league shouldn't be forbidden to exist.

• Options
    You have at least 16 days assuming conventional wisdom holds true. I detailed it out in a post but it got merged into the abyss.