[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Theyll never ever ever do that, would mean admitting the screwed up royally and put wrong pilots in falcon
    If it wasnt for JJ abrams we could have had.....
    han and chewie would have been resupplying on the ground with theirship the falcon, and here come rey, finn, and bb8 with first order trying to nuke em and they just run in the ship, han gets his intro says something witty chewie roars (crowd goes wild) and they get shot at so they have to run in too and take off! Now rey can fix something in ship to save the day and finn can rock out in the turret we can still keep the thread the needle crashed star destroyer chase and skip the painful and pointless smuggler of tentacles scene, rey fixes stuff cause shes a tinker finn rocks the guns cuz hes a stormtrooper and han and chewie fly the ship!
    Any questions?
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

OK laser brain. I'll say it again since you are too dull to understand me...the devs did not tell us what characters we would need until today! Everything was just speculation. Got it!?! It certainly could have been any other rebel character or Yoda for that matter that helped Luke. Get over it.

Laughing here. Gee, the devs didn't tell us until today? It was all just speculation? What an observation!

I don't know what a laser brain is, but maybe you should have gone back to the dev notes and made better guesses than, say, Clone Wars Chewie, as one of the "familiar faces" needed for this event.

Take your own "get over it" advice. I'm not the one complaining here. You are.

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »
    Doubt it, this character opens at 7*. So your also going to need R2 at 7*. This event is one that will possibly return later when the Jedi Luke is released, then everyone will be ready with the farming of old Ben and Han. They could add thier shards to the flash events happening almost every day in august.
    Some characters are meant to be harder to achieve, and act as a reward for those who complete the farming as given in the game. This is not welfare. And they'd lose profits if they handed him to everyone.

What do you mean opens at 7 star?
    @KueChael
    Luke only opens at 7*... says it in the update. Like yoda 5*, EP 5* ... well to unlock Luke you'll need 7* characters, and you'll get 7* Luke. I don't know if we'll have 7 tiers with shards, possibly. But he opens at 7*
  • Options
    Sthan leia r2 Luke and old Ben make sense but so does raid Han

Otherwise he is pretty much a useless toon.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »
    Doubt it, this character opens at 7*. So your also going to need R2 at 7*. This event is one that will possibly return later when the Jedi Luke is released, then everyone will be ready with the farming of old Ben and Han. They could add thier shards to the flash events happening almost every day in august.
    Some characters are meant to be harder to achieve, and act as a reward for those who complete the farming as given in the game. This is not welfare. And they'd lose profits if they handed him to everyone.

What do you mean opens at 7 star?
    @KueChael

There is no 5 star version
  • Options
    Tavanh wrote: »
    Ha... RIP! I was farming for Thrawn and now I have to switch gears and farm OB. I hope we get enough time and a large boost to farm him. It's really annoying they're going this route...

I feel your pain entirely... I was actually doing the same thing farming farm boy luke and I have him at 6* and then they released the Phoenix characters and I was like oh cool they did not keep them behind a pay wall for that long.... a week later Thrawn with absolutely no time to get any of the toons needed up to even 5 star.

then switched to farming the Phoenix squad.... Now double time for Old Ben..... I love the way they are adding new toons in the game with the marquee events but I absolutely HATE the way CG has been lately and especially with thrawn with these " hey! we are adding this character tomorrow oh and btw you need all the toons we just released a few days ago geared out the butt and 7 star! hope you enjoy!"....

Seriously I know Old ben and FBL have been in the game from the start but we have all of these GD rebels make it so we can use at least the others from the OG trilogy that are actually useful in the game at this point *cough cough Old Ben and Farm boy luke suck as of right now"...

I really hope that the event is not until the end of the month and even then CG should at least make Old ben and FBL double drops ( maybe even 100% drop) since they are only farmable via cantina or node. Id also accept Old ben in GW shipments.... when was the last time we have had new characters in GW besides the makeup for the phoenix squad thrawn event crap.

• Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Ledinis wrote: »
    They were dropping hints left and right for the past month that you should look into getting chars that shaped Lukes Journey. And the entire forums had at least 2 topics poping up each day of people predicting this exact characters. So yeah ...

On a side note.... an OP rebel with 6 abilities and 3 zetas ? Perfect just what i wanted :D Well atleast i see theres reworks for old ben, maybe he will finally get a taunt and will be usable :P

Literally could have been half the roster...what about Wiggs? Han Solo? Greedo?

Wiggs and Han were also popular guesses. But the 5 we got were a lot more prominent and story crucial chars surrounding Luke from his Journey from Tatooine. Raid Han would have been a lot better than STH in my opinion, but they most likely thought it would be to harsh. And Greedo... hes got shot by Han in one scene and that the end of it... wasnt exactly a part of Lukes journey. So it was obvious it will be Old ben, Leia, some form of Han, Farm Luke (since they literally told he will be needed), and R2 (on this one i had some doubts seeing as he is harder to get than the rest).
    Since they said we will follow his entire journey, im almost 100% sure that for Jedi Luke we will also need some crucial chars like Yoda, Vader, EP.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Ringer wrote: »
    ...do you think that they will either set him up with a pack in the store or double drop his nodes...?

*SUBTLE COUGH*
    tenor.gif

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Theyll never ever ever do that, would mean admitting the screwed up royally and put wrong pilots in falcon

I thought about bringing that up, but my guess is that Disney forced them to use Finn and Rey in the Falcon because of the release of EP VII. We will probably never get Han and Chewy in the Falcon.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    If you have been waiting nearly two years for Luke with a lightsaber, you're either already prepared (cuz after 2 years? C'mon?), or you are like me, going to spend every refresh *finishing your farm of Old Ben (or whoever else you need), even if that means spending some cash. If you don't like it, don't do it. Quit. Whatever. EA isn't going to miss you, now that they are about to make a boatload of money on people farming these characters. But honestly, isn't this what we've all been waiting for? We have Vader (priority 1 for me), and EP, now we are getting our buttkicking Luke. Put in a little now and get Luke. And yes, they did give huge hints we would need the cast of ANH. That's why I only need to finish Old Ben and not start him from 0.

Kozi already said on the first page of this thread they were going to make it easier to get shards for these characters. So take advantage. Or don't and lose out. Better luck next time.
  • Options
    After initially raging and laughing at the guy on the forums stating this would never happen I've made some educated guesses and I don't think it will be impossible to get Ben to 7* regardless of where you have him currently. I was at 31 shards before the announcement and now have 40.

Assumption 1 - I don't think they'll release this event while the R2D2 event is ongoing (3rd - 11th)
    Assumption 2 - The Hero's Journey Event will last at least 7 days like Legendary Events
    Conclusion - Therefore (not counting today) we will have at least a minimum of 16 days to farm Old Ben to 7*.

Let's say you don't have any shards (so you need 330), in those 16 days you just need to average 16 shard pulls from Old Ben's cantina node (the 8 energy one). That should be doable using 3x Cantina refreshes and most likely you have a few to start with.

For those saying I can't afford 3x refreshes, well this is an exclusive toon and not given away as a participation reward. You can either wait until next time or spend $20 to buy a crystal shipment to supplement a potential shortfall in crystals. I don't think that's asking a lot as most new characters costs hundreds of dollars.

For those interested, here's a tool from crouchingrancor.com, it will give you an estimation of how long it will take to get your Old Ben to 7* based on your cantina refreshes and existing shards. I have 14 days! Good luck!
  • Options
    Tavanh wrote: »
    Ha... RIP! I was farming for Thrawn and now I have to switch gears and farm OB. I hope we get enough time and a large boost to farm him. It's really annoying they're going this route...

I feel your pain entirely... I was actually doing the same thing farming farm boy luke and I have him at 6* and then they released the Phoenix characters and I was like oh cool they did not keep them behind a pay wall for that long.... a week later Thrawn with absolutely no time to get any of the toons needed up to even 5 star.

then switched to farming the Phoenix squad.... Now double time for Old Ben..... I love the way they are adding new toons in the game with the marquee events but I absolutely HATE the way CG has been lately and especially with thrawn with these " hey! we are adding this character tomorrow oh and btw you need all the toons we just released a few days ago geared out the butt and 7 star! hope you enjoy!"....

Seriously I know Old ben and FBL have been in the game from the start but we have all of these GD rebels make it so we can use at least the others from the OG trilogy that are actually useful in the game at this point *cough cough Old Ben and Farm boy luke suck as of right now"...

I really hope that the event is not until the end of the month and even then CG should at least make Old ben and FBL double drops ( maybe even 100% drop) since they are only farmable via cantina or node. Id also accept Old ben in GW shipments.... when was the last time we have had new characters in GW besides the makeup for the phoenix squad thrawn event ****.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    I agree it takes more effort to get Raid Han then st han and he is still from A new hope so he fits the journy
  • Options
    Raid Han is only available in rancor raid and is an extremely slow grind.
  • Options
    Kozi said they would provide a way to get these characters more quickly. In the megathread
  • ArdenPulsar
    372 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Raid Han is the Han from ROTJ. Look at his clothes
  • Clanomadd
    122 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It would give another option to people who haven't farmed STH, but it should be either/or, no running two Han Solos.
  • Options
    But it's not allowed so too bad
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    R2 G11 double Zeta, STH G11, Leia G11, FbL G10 and Old Ben G9
    Should be sufficient, but just to be sure I'm starting to get those 150 Carbanti and 50 StunCuffs Ben needs to G10
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Kozi said they would provide a way to get these characters more quickly. In the megathread

I saw that as well. My concern is that it will be a random pack and you'll get shards of various characters needed. However, the $20, 80 shard variety wouldn't be too bad.
  • Options
    Yes they might make a boatload of money
    Why not say this is the only time u will ever see the event?
    They would make even more
    But they dont say that, hehe
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    You forgot leveling and gearing...it will be like 7 million credits just to get to level 75 and 7 stars. Oh and gearing...this assume you already have sth, leia, farmer boy, and r2 7 starred, leveled, and geared
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Shard shop? Maybe this is the real reason Fulcrum AT isnt there yet.
  • Options
    We try.
    Oh my gosh, do we try.
    He-Man-Heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.jpg

TbckiOe.gif
  • Options
    I think the luke flash events might give some shards
  • Options
    Uklem wrote: »

Raid Han too hard for newbie but not R2? I can agree with the character needed, but not their star level.
    9 × 7* with half of them never used in Arena or GW is as much a barrier as finding a good enough guild to farm HRancor for any new player (if not more).

Never said R2 wasn't hard. Of course it's hard. I was arguing against the guy who was apparently flummoxed by the characters required for Luke. There are 2 Hans in the game. Both are from the era that the game will use for Commander Luke. ST Han is much easier to get to 7* for newish players than Raid Han, I think the devs made the correct choice here.
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Okay, this is really disappointing. Are you going to provide some way of getting these characters more quickly?

Of course there will be. You just need a credit card with a fair amount of room to pay for packs/crystals.
  • Options
    Ringer wrote: »
    ...do you think that they will either set him up with a pack in the store or double drop his nodes...?

*SUBTLE COUGH*
    tenor.gif

Doesn't help those of us without a squad to unlock 7* R2D2. Old Ben isn't going to be the main problem most players have...
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, through packs which you still have to buy.

I’d say if you’re starting from nothing or even very little then a combination of packs and crystals would be the way to go.

When ep came out the first time I went from 3 to 7* Lando in 9 days. It took a lot of refreshes.