[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    MrPosz wrote: »
    Olga wrote: »
    He's getting a rework next week so I hopefully there will be some kind of event.

@Olga is he really getting rework?
    Yes, along with Luke, Leia, STH and raid Han.
  • Options
    The Commander Luke event hasnt even be given a date so we got at least a week or two yet
  • Options
    JJay wrote: »
    There are no Gear level restrictions. So you coulld technically waltz in at Gear 1 though you wouldn't get very far!

Would be nice if you could let us know what level is required, Is gear 6-7 enough ?

Posted earlier - but you'll likely need g8 with good mods as a min. All g9 should cover you well. You'll need some patience and RNG for multiple attempts maybe, but you'll get him. That's going by historical legendary event difficulty though (EP, R2, Thrawn).
  • Options
    Lossberg wrote: »
    li
    Guys do you think I have a chance at getting cls I have max double Zeta r2 max leia g9 7 star old Ben g8 nearly 6 star Luke and 4/50 sth shards. Can I get a 7 star sth in time

Do you have arena currency saved?

No I get top 3 payout every day though so do u think I could do it

• Options
    Why is Yoda event canceled? I farmed jedi and now 6 days before the event its gone ****???
  • Options
    Is what it is and EA is going to do what they want but there are plenty of other toons that helped "Mold" Luke. Biggs and Wedge, heck even Lando. From what I see on here the majority of people do not have Old Ben at 7. Why is that? It's not cuz he was hard to farm but quite frankly he ****. People focused on better Toons. Now in the middle of the Luke event you wanna make him useful? And now what happens to farm boy Luke after all this? Nobody is going to want to use him once they have Commander Luke. Really seems a bit obtuse of EA to do this.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Put GK in GW store please.
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Forget old Ben for a second. How was I supposed to know that to get CLS Luke I would need R2D2 who requires 5 seven star empire toons to get to 7*? They've never required a legendary character at seven stars just to finish an event.

I farmed Leia, Luke and ST Han to 7 stars and decent gear levels in preparation for this. I figured if I need Old Ben I'll figure something out. But now I'm two empire toons short of unlocking R2 at 7, with little to no hope of getting that done in 8 days and finishing Old Ben.

I tried to prep for this but at this point I don't think even money could get me there... At least not a reasonable amount (less than a couple hundred). It's a shame because I would have dropped some cash and I've been F2P for nine months.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    I'm FTP and missed out on Yoda the first several times, along with missing out on EP the first time. Life goes on folks.
  • Options
    Brienne wrote: »
    I'm FTP and missed out on Yoda the first several times, along with missing out on EP the first time. Life goes on folks.
    Yoda taught me how to farm toons. I missed it the first time got 5 Jedi 7* Eeth and PLO at that.
    Missed palp because rebels were terrible. Got wiggs st han lando and leía to 7* which was harder because they weren't as spread out as Jedis were.
    Got lucky with r2 event because I like empire and was using them in my arena team.
    Thrawn was a stop everything you're doing and get phx.
    If you miss an event get those toons to 7* just get it out of the way.
  • StarSon
    7461 posts Member
    Options
    I would count on this being harder than the other Legendary events. I can take all except Old Ben to g11 if needed, but am holding all the gear so I don't waste it. Will apply if needed.
  • Options

Yep. I didn't bother with getting PHX to 7*. Thrawn is truly the real deal, and I've got a 5* Thrawn I'm not real keen on gearing up. Ditto GK. This game can be the ultimate "Hey look! Squirrel!" game. You've got to get a strategy and stick with it. If a toon comes along and fits what your strengths are right now (or soon), you go for it.

Currently I've got all maxed Resistance toons, so I'm focused on them in preparation for the new movie. Have a strategy, folks.
  • Options

Yep. I didn't bother with getting PHX to 7*. Thrawn is truly the real deal, and I've got a 5* Thrawn I'm not real keen on gearing up. Ditto GK. This game can be the ultimate "Hey look! Squirrel!" game. You've got to get a strategy and stick with it. If a toon comes along and fits what your strengths are right now (or soon), you go for it.

Currently I've got all maxed Resistance toons, so I'm focused on them in preparation for the new movie. Have a strategy, folks.

Resistance yes!! Great team.especially for haat. I suggest them to everyone.

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Come on guys, really? Have you watched Star Wars?

He went into hiding, became a hermit, met Luke, died on death star.

Infact, he doesn't even share a scene with Leia (other than the hologram).

This is similar to trying to claim Han was a member of the Rebel Alliance in ANH - he's a scoundrel and a smuggler
  • Darek
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Is that helmet on picture in CLS megathread suggest us, that he will be also a pilot ??
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    So it seems Old Ben can taunt now.
    And I think Leia gain foresight in addition to the other buffs when using Rebel Tactics.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    To digest this months event?
    I personally love the way this is rolled out. They hinted since late may that Luke was going to be on a journey with those that helped him. All the negativity is coming from those that poo-pooed the farming of certain characters. This game is about choosing characters, you won't get them all... right away at least. Many were stuck on Phoenix even after Thrawn was gone.

We know there could be double drop days, packs and events that will help. If you still need a couple characters, how are you feeling.? If you have them all... your feeling good. Right? If you have none, umm... I don't want to hear the whining.
  • Darek
    38 posts Member
    Options
    It doesn't change anything, you still need them to unlock CLS. Thats it . Devs dont change mind.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    He could still be a required character - changing his tag is unnecessary.

Granted he needs a rework, but not one that's fuels the already saturated Rebel faction
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    There were a LOT of folks in the forums guessing that you would need Ol Ben for this event. I'm surprised at folks being shocked at this. Luke's journey starts with Ol Ben....well, it starts with R2 and then Ol Ben takes over.
    I'm a little surprised that they don't require Raid Han for the event over StH, tbh. And that Luke only unlocks at full 7*. Of course, the real question for this is what gear level will the toons need to be?
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    A positive thread finally! I agree with you.

Being a long time player I do not expect to get every toons at 7* all the time and on first try...

This will be an interesting and busy month for sure!

I'm sure this thread won't get as much activity as other whining threads... :-P
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So he died doing something that helped the rebellion? And Leia specifically sought him out to help with the rebellion? And old Ben upon hearing the message from Leia decided to go save her. Guess that's him not joining the rebellion. And Han saved Luke to destroy the Death Star? Guess these things weren't pro rebellion at all.
    In that case Chaze aren't rebels either, they were guardians of the whills. Just along for the ride.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Sev74907 wrote: »
    So we all know that we need Old Ben, R2, StH, Leia and Farmboy Luke at 7* to unlock Commander Luke. What gear levels do you think will be needed on the above characters for this event?

This ^
  • Options
    Great event plan. It has been strongly hinted for a while, and on top of that most long term players or players with deep rosters are rewarded for something. If everyone could get every new toon every time, what reason would we have to work toward anything?
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    JJay wrote: »
    There are no Gear level restrictions. So you coulld technically waltz in at Gear 1 though you wouldn't get very far!

Would be nice if you could let us know what level is required, Is gear 6-7 enough ?

Posted earlier - but you'll likely need g8 with good mods as a min. All g9 should cover you well. You'll need some patience and RNG for multiple attempts maybe, but you'll get him. That's going by historical legendary event difficulty though (EP, R2, Thrawn).

Yeh, but it would be nice to see a bit of guidance from the devs.

• Nedus
    91 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe, it would be awesome. But still more ships needs to becom
    e farmable before
  • Options
    I'm personally very pleased with it. Luke has 6 abilities which is awesome. Three zetas might seem daunting but it does open up a lot of options. I'm not too excited about a toon that might make wiggs more OP again but at the same time I do find it fun to be able to have a reason to dust off Old Ben, StHan etc.
  • Options
    I've been playing this game since launch. Somehow in ALL that time, playing every single day, doing everything I possibly can do (outside becoming a whale), I've only managed to get ONE total Old Ben shard. Haha! Seems impossible.

Farmed him yesterday, got 19 shards. Farmed him this morning, got 13. If they do double drops or packs for him I should be ok. He's the only one I don't have at 7 stars.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    I'm lucky as I picked the right toons to play with at certain points since the release of the game. Empire was a complete fluke but people have had 3 months to level these up to do the R2 event. If anything his event is coming around too soon for an "Extremely Rare Event."

Missed out on Thrawn, will work on Phoenix when I've finished what I was doing before they came along.
    Same with Ewoks, I'll regret it but am on a different path at the moment.

Have to make choices in the game, some your're lucky with some not so. Took me the second showing of EP to get to him 7*

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Infact, he doesn't even share a scene with Leia
    jcd0YzX.png
    B)