I think to unlock the Luke after will probably need:

Lando
    Lobot
    CLS
    Raid Han
    Ackbar
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Commander Luke can stun, speed down, remove TM, gain TM for team, Dispel debuffs, recover health, protection, has increased % Potency, CC, CD, Accuracy, Counter Chance, Defense, Offense, Tenacity, Crit Avoidance. Might as well give him an Annihilate skill to make him the complete package.

+1
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Because Han Solo is a raid character and for now, no raid character is needed to unlock toons. STHan is way more farmable than Han Solo for those who want to invest.

Nice argument. Yesterday that would have been true for legendary characters as well b
  • Options
    @vazelos81 what are you not understanding I will help clear it up
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, Need some opinions on if its worth me trying for Commander Luke. I use 3 refreshes each day and claim all bonus energy. Will also buy any packs they release if needed (the 80 shard ones).

Farm Luke: 4* 36/65 G1

Leia: 7* G9

ST Han: 7* G11

R2D2: 7* G6

Old Ben: 18/80

So far planning to farm old ben like crazy, buy luke from the guild shop and then once old ben is finished, use cantina for luke as well.

Think i have a chance?
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Maybe you don't use a full squad of 5. Maybe you have 5 stages with each character doing a stage solo and STH is death star stage.

This
  • 7_GSTF
    203 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I was really lucky! My first 7 star in the game was farmboy luke... I did ben up for yoda... Leia was my most recent squad arena store acquisition and STH was one of my first.... got R2 just in time! Today! Well I have to say... Bring CLS on!
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Hey everyone, Need some opinions on if its worth me trying for Commander Luke. I use 3 refreshes each day and claim all bonus energy. Will also buy any packs they release if needed (the 80 shard ones).

So far planning to farm old ben like crazy, buy luke from the guild shop and then once old ben is finished, use cantina for luke as well.

Think i have a chance?

I would say you have specially if they put some double drops. But all depends on what day of August is the event.
  • Options
    Hi to all!!

I think we will be very grateful if you'll put the characters you need to unlock Commander Luke in the shard shop. I farmed ewoks all July, i have 7 stars z2d2, sthan, raid han, all ewoks farmable, leila and farm boy luke. I'm very disappointed of the lack of communication for this event. I started in August 2016, so I miss the Old Ben meta, but it was my mistake don't take him to 7 stars. However I opine that everyone (or maybe the major part of the players) must have a possibility to reach the main character of Star Wars (in all of his evolutions); you must give the tools for your players to take the best chance for getting him.

I hope I'll can take the new Luke version.

Sorry for my english, I wish my message it will be understandable.
  • Options
    They will
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, hopefully we will see increased availability for the characters. They already did that for R2 so hopefully they will do it for the other characters too.
  • DBane
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Zaraos wrote: »

Think i have a chance?

Will be tough and really depends on the lenght of this event!

• crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    You could also argue Raid Han could be swapped for Old Ben, or Biggs ir Wedge.

It is what it is.
  • Options
    also, a general suggestion for teams of Luke - including Chaze and wiggs, for others who are interested in getting commander luke as leader of new arena team.
  • Options
    Rockstar wrote: »
    Let me preface by saying that I'm one who definitely doesn't have a problem giving it to the devs when they do something ridiculous. That being said, this is not one of those times.

People who have been playing this game since the beginning have been begging for some form of Lightsaber Luke. And when the devs finally give it to us, they make the requirements something that people who have been playing since the beginning would have.

Yes, I have a 7 star old ben lying around collecting dust (g9 too!). Why? Because I sat through the rage of the dodge meta where you needed Dooku or Old Ben leading to anything in arena.

STHan? Maxed in every way. Why? Arena! Fast STHan was the only way to get past the Poe cheese back in the day.

Leia! On deck and maxed. Why? Cause I was ridiculously happy when they pulled her from chromium and added her to arena shop. Oh.... and there's this little team that she works with great in p4 of the raid we've been doing since last October.......

R2D2? Yeah, had a team of empire ready to go when that event launched. Vader, Palp, the one time arena standard RG. Big time. It took less than a half hour to get a 7 star R2.

The only one that I had never farmed was Farmboy Luke. Mainly because I hated that he didn't have a lightsaber. But some months ago, they gave this guy a flash event and I read the tea leaves. So, lo and behold, he's 85, 7 star, g11 with ok mods as of the date of this announcement because I dedicated guild shop currency to getting him when they dropped the hint.

I am not a rabid fanboy by any means. The Thrawn event was cool, but Phoenix squad was a real D move.

This is not. If you're not ready, you haven't been playing long enough or haven't been paying enough attention. In either case, this is an easy prep pass to people who have been hear since near the beginning. You know, the thing we've all been saying they should do since forever. Give them credit.

*Yes, I fully know and expect that despite being fully prepared, this event will most likely require RNGeezus like never before. That is when I will start swearing. But as of now, surprisingly good look, EA.

@Rockstar Solid words there. The hints were dropped, all the signs were there. Most 2016 players would have those characters maxed out anyway, except Farmboy Luke - I had him at 4* I think. Like you, I read the signs and farmed him up to 7*.
  • Options
    Luke, Wiggs, Chaze. You have your speed down and defence down on tap to set up Luke.

Luke, R2, GK, Chaze. Cleansing like mad. I suppose the reworks for ST Han and Leia could bring some interesting mix-ups to this.

Yep, could chuck Nilly in there too. He's plug-n-play.

All hail Chaze, basically - not sure how I feel about that right now.
  • Options
    It'll be CLS, Chaze, R2 and a 5th toon (likely a Rebel).

Since you don't want to use Chaze, just wait to see what the Old Ben, STHan, Luke, Leia and Raid Han reworks are, they're dropping next week.
  • Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Why don't people have these guys? Had these at 7* since July of last yeat

Because I started playing in September last year and had to give priority to other, much better toons. ;)
  • Kat
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Ludendorff wrote: »
    So. Commander Luka is an aoe counter, a Rex counter and a Chaze counter.

This game started taking a turn for the worse when Baze and Chirrut was introduced. Together they hit hard, they have tons of HP, counter, taunt from the start and heal out of turn. Oh and dispel too. I mean seriously.

In order to counter this, almost all toons after them had to get special, really difficult abilities. And almost all toons have to be reworked in order to face these demigods and the other reworked toons.

Commander Luke has six abilities, each with loooong descriptions. It's getting increasingly difficult to play this game, and even reading the abilities on a cell phone is a chore now.

Im not too fond of the turns this game is taking. Of course it's all too late now, but I blame everything on Chaze. It would have been better to nerf them...

So agree with u, all started cause of this chaze, but i guess it's more productive for them to introduce more and more op toons than just balanced all.
    And after all, people don't care to have a balanced game they just want to see something which puts them height eyes.
    I just don't understand where the point for attract new players who will be more crush by all these toons.
    Hey be indulgent pls, my english is just basic!
  • Options
    Come on Devs. Do the decent thing. ☺
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    He's getting a rework next week so I hopefully there will be some kind of event.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed!
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1707 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just unlocked old ben today. By my calculations, it will take 7-9 days to get him to 7*, not including a double drop.

@CG_Kozispoon if there will be a dub drop, as eluded to further up this thread, we'll love you forever.

And by "we", I mean "me".
  • Options
    Hi there
    Opening a separate thread as far as the topic is not related to Commander Luke ... hope this thread is ok :D
    In the information providee by Kozispoon for the HT 08/02/17 there is a hint for Han Raid rework ??
    Copy-paste mode on ...
    We will also be doing reworks soon for Old Ben Kenobi, Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, and Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) also arriving next week. Han Solo's ability kit has been updated as an added bonus!

Copy-paste mode off ...

Sounds like a rework for Han Raid, right ??
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, that's what it says.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Now that we know the **** requirements for the event, how about release the day of it and how long it lasts? This will at least let me determine the amount of rage needed. Please and thanks!

That made me laugh haha, gauge the amount of rage needed lol

I totally agree, we need a date so we know if it's worth putting effort into farming Old Ben etc
  • Options

Sounds good :):)

They did not provide info on that rework, right ??
  • Options
    We'll probably geet double drops next week for Old Ben.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Not that I know of.