Han Solo should be added as playable CLS requirement

It makes more sense to put in Han Solo as a choice to unlock CLS. Now I'm not saying let's take out StHan. But a lot of older players that have been around have a maxed out Han and gear. I have both, and personally just want to play Solo over St. But this isn't a whine post, just merely the suggestion that Solo should be put in as a available requirement similar to the question of who to bench in the Thrawn legendary event (Bench Sabine she's not that amazing). Nonetheless Solo is being reworked. Why not add him in? And don't tell me "A new hope only" because Han Solo wasn't in a stormtrooper outfit when we first met him.

Cheers for CLS!

Replies

• Options
    EmeraldZx wrote: »
    It makes more sense to put in Han Solo as a choice to unlock CLS. Now I'm not saying let's take out StHan. But a lot of older players that have been around have a maxed out Han and gear. I have both, and personally just want to play Solo over St. But this isn't a whine post, just merely the suggestion that Solo should be put in as a available requirement similar to the question of who to bench in the Thrawn legendary event (Bench Sabine she's not that amazing). Nonetheless Solo is being reworked. Why not add him in? And don't tell me "A new hope only" because Han Solo wasn't in a stormtrooper outfit when we first met him.

Cheers for CLS!

If they did that, they couldn't make people farm old Ben and have something to complain about...

• Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    With the crew you use it seems like the Death Star mission to rescue Princess Leia, also normal Han is getting tweaked just like the rest of them because he needs it so at least they didnt ignore him
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Best guess for that is they can in now way make him farmable, this would make it very difficult to promote farming. Can't do double drops or anything else, because he is raid exclusive.
  • Options
    They have and will get am influx of spending for people needing to farm Old Ben. Plan is working to perfection.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    They have and will get am influx of spending for people needing to farm Old Ben. Plan is working to perfection.
    Yup. I would just use Han instead of Luke, which defeats the purpose of the event lol.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Yup. I would just use Han instead of Luke, which defeats the purpose of the event lol.

Not really. Just make Han the only swappable character. Require Farm Luke, Old Ben, R2, Leia, and either STHan or Raid Han.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Best guess for that is they can in now way make him farmable, this would make it very difficult to promote farming. Can't do double drops or anything else, because he is raid exclusive.

But why not just add him to the pool of available characters? People who can't get him will just buy shards for the other 5 when available, and those who do have him will get a 'reward' for time well spent on the rancor raid.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    @Dralkyr has it right.

You don't make it 6 toons, choose any 5. Han has two versions which both appear in A New Hope.

Require Luke, Kenobi, Leia, r2, & Han.

Han and Kenobi are the only ones with 2 different versions. Either Han can fulfill the requirement for Han's presence, but you can't take both because then you'd be leaving someone else out who is required.

Finally, the distinction can be made between Han & Kenobi, because Kenobi doesn't have costume changes in A New Hope and the GK toon is clearly intended to be from another era, while the two Hans are definitely both from the era of A New Hope.

I don't have a 7* Han, so it wouldn't matter to me (well, I guess I could play my 5* Han at early tiers just for fun), but it makes perfect sense to say you have to take Han, but it doesn't matter which Han. One isn't farmable, but that doesn't mean the requirement is unfair: you have one farmable option. That's all you need.