Star Wars Galaxy of Darth Sidious

Prev1
Are you aware that all of my gametime evolves around dealing with this character? Which is getting very boring. In every "Galactic War", there he is. In most arena matches, there he is.
And who can blame people for collecting him. He is ridicilously powerful! Beyond compare.
But 10 games in a row facing this guy is just killing my gaming experience. To the extent were I am thinking "sigh....again" instead of getting excitet to actually play.
Most of all because he is totally oblitterating my setup with the healing debuff. And when abilities that are suppose to remove all negative status effects are bugged atm, it just makes for a horrible gaming experience. And when I finally got him where I want, at 10% health while stunned, he dodges my attack anyways. Which doesn't exactly add that extra exitement factor.

This, in adition to his other abilities just make him a monster.
Usually characters are balanced in regard to abilities, damage output and health. An example is the First order tie pilot who has high damage potential but low health pool.
Tanks, with high healthpools but deal moderate to low damage.
But this guy is just loaded with, hands down, the strongest leader ability ingame, high damage output, high health pool, and a tonn of abilities like healing debuff, dodge vs Jedi, healing on character deaths.

Surely you can shuffle enemy setups somehow so we can have some variation?

Replies

• Options
    I totally agree! He is way to OP and kind of ruins the game experience a bit... It's a shame cause it's a very good game.
  • Options
    You are talking crap. High HP ???? He has 9.6K hp at 7*. The best leader ability ?? Hell no. QGJ, Poe, Phasma, Lumi - all better. His dmg output isn't that high as well. What are you talking about. I have no troubles with Sid even when i run full jedi team. The only thing is that he is annoying and nothing more. You have problems with heal immunity - get barriss, or leave sid last. Kill the other 4 before they get their turn. Man... Sid is far from Op and he is about to drop from to 20 squads (almost). You have some problems with your squad, not with sid, that is for sure. FOTP, GS, RP,Rey - they all have better kit than sid - they do more dmg, have more hp and they CAN hit Sid.
    This topic shows that you are only complaining bout something that is not a big problem. You should have asked for advice instead of whining. Do some research, don't put yourself in a funny spot.
  • Options
    Invest in Dooku and Kylo Ren. Sid will use his AOE 9/10 times on his first turn, my Dooku usually wrecks him pretty hard with counter. Use Dooku's lightning to stun Lumi if they have her, or if no Jedi use it to burst him down. Use your Sid's first attack on him as well... Depending on the setup, he's usually the first one I kill. Very low HP, just have to use non-Jedi to take him out quickly. He's pretty squishy...
  • Options
    I hear you. I loathe Sid and Dooku. You always get the same arguments for him. 1) Squishy: You don't need a lot of health when you dodge everything. Plus, he has crazy heals. Just about everyone in the game can be killed in two to three shots, anyways 2) Some characters can do more damage: Yes, but that can't do it all like Sid can with his crazy speed, DOT, and healing debuffs. 3) Don't use Jedi: Sorry, I thought I was playing a Star Wars game. 4) Stop whining: Just let me hate on Sid and Dooku in peace, you all (Sid users) got the nerfs and buffs to work in your favor. Let me complain for a bit.
  • Options
    Nahh.. Sid barely damage you compare to other high damage dealer which practically kills you in one shot. The only think that made sid famous is because he is the easiest one to get to 7* and he is 'good' compare to the other character in arena shipment. I usually kill him last if the other team has more annoying character. Lol
  • JeighKaeNeither
    243 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Are you aware that all of my gametime evolves around dealing with this character? Which is getting very boring. In every "Galactic War", there he is. In most arena matches, there he is.
    And who can blame people for collecting him. He is ridicilously powerful! Beyond compare.
    But 10 games in a row facing this guy is just killing my gaming experience. To the extent were I am thinking "sigh....again" instead of getting excitet to actually play.
    Most of all because he is totally oblitterating my setup with the healing debuff. And when abilities that are suppose to remove all negative status effects are bugged atm, it just makes for a horrible gaming experience. And when I finally got him where I want, at 10% health while stunned, he dodges my attack anyways. Which doesn't exactly add that extra exitement factor.

This, in adition to his other abilities just make him a monster.
    Usually characters are balanced in regard to abilities, damage output and health. An example is the First order tie pilot who has high damage potential but low health pool.
    Tanks, with high healthpools but deal moderate to low damage.
    But this guy is just loaded with, hands down, the strongest leader ability ingame, high damage output, high health pool, and a tonn of abilities like healing debuff, dodge vs Jedi, healing on character deaths.

Surely you can shuffle enemy setups somehow so we can have some variation?

Please! No more whining & complaing!

Best leader? Sorry, but no. It depends on your strategy & iin my opinion Phasma, QGJ or Obi-Wan are much better.

Sid is the Emperor! He ruled the Galaxy for Six Films! Of course he is one of the best toons: he should be! Go & get your own, or learn more about the game & easily defeat him. From your comments it seems like your under estimating speed & turn meter.

I have no problems with him at all. His defense is pathetic. Put together a team with some turn meter power & take him out immediately. It's that easy. I stopped farming him at 4 stars because there are better characters. Speed & turn meter is the name of the game. Learn those tenants & Sid will be history.
  • Options
    Add galaxy of luminara too
  • Monx
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sid and Lumi are easy choices for most people since they are so easy to get to 7*. I don't think Sid is OP if you compare him to other good characters are 7*, but then again, not everybody has other good characters at 7*.
  • Options
    He has 0 potency and is only a problem for chars with low gear level. Often enough his debuff gets resisted.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Monx wrote: »
    Sid and Lumi are easy choices for most people since they are so easy to get to 7*. I don't think Sid is OP if you compare him to other good characters are 7*, but then again, not everybody has other good characters at 7*.
    That's part of it, he is good and he is easy to farm.
    But Biggs Darklighter is even easier to farm.
    Sidious is used because of his heal block, AoE and especially leader ability. And now, his (frankly ludicrous) 35% dodge against Jedi. There are many leader abilities in the game that boost offense and/or crit chance, but Sidious is used more than all of the others combined. Gee, I wonder why?
    His buffing in December remains for me in the top 10 of odd choices made by CG that I will never understand. He was already being overused even before that.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    You see him a lot in GW because he is great for that game mode. He heals himself and helps you focus down opponents. It seems that whatever setup was used in GW by other people is the group you end up facing in GW. I usually try and bump him off first because of the immunity making GW a bit tougher, though.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Does Sid ever get to attack. QGJ assist, GS assist = dead Sid even if you get 1 dodge.

I run Sid too but mostly because he is the best of the arena drops but he is probably fourth on the team right now behind GS, QGJ and Lumi in terms of usefulness.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yep. What's funny is I actually swapped out my own Sid in GW for a striker (GS) specifically to get rid of opponent Sids. Between that and Daka/Dooku stuns Sid rarely heal-blocks anyone unless the other team has major threats that must be dealt with faster.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Lobion wrote: »
    I totally agree! He is way to OP and kind of ruins the game experience a bit... It's a shame cause it's a very good game.

OP, Sid? Wow lol. He hits mediocore, has terrible HP. How is he OP? Wait until you see actual strong Toons. If not for Sids speed and decent AOE(however with the DOT res bug he hinders you now) he'd be on the bench.
  • Options
    Well...that's the rub isn't it. Some characters are just easier to farm than others. Others you can't farm at all. Sid is also very strong, even more so when going up against Jedi which are about to be even more popular. It's EA's fault. They should make it easier to farm more diverse characters. Add more to arena shipments..ones that don't suck. They won't cuz they'll lose money. It's not the player's fault.
  • Options
    I didn't even bother to pick him up on my main account. 88 is a much better grab in that pool of characters to me. Sid gets his AOE off against me in arena and GW and then immediately dies. Same with Dooku, he gets 1 turn and then 1 GS assist later he is dead. Most people run him as their leader so when the other team has Lumi I just my Lumi to with QGJ leader to ability block theirs and no more issues.

Sid can only hurt you if you let him stay up for more than 1 turn. There are so many characters in this game with OHKO power I don't see why you worry about him unless you are running an extremely weak team. In which you should spend less time complaining about a character, and more time working on a better team. I'm not sure what your issue is with those characters, they aren't hard to counter.
  • Zen
    126 posts Member
    Options
    You must have a team full of Jedi because he's strong but can be dealt with easily enough with the right team.
  • Options
    A lot of good info here, thanks. Seems like he balances out eventually then. I would like to take a moment to say that this is a great game despite the few downfalls. And just to clarify, I said Sid has the strongests leader ability, not the best. Tho, I guess thats up for debate aswell :)
  • LunaMaat
    154 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He's annoying but not OP at all. Kylo Ren is more OP than Sid, except that he doesn't dodge jedis. My Luke and Luminara take him out on the first or second turn. Sid's leader ability is ok but it depeds on the team synergy and the opponents you have. I prefer Phasma actually. Luminara is great too.
  • Options
    It depends on the game mode. He's always my first target in GW but usually one of my last targets in arena.
  • Options
    I'm glad Sid is on most teams. I'd much rather face him than a Poggle/droid team, a Phasma stun team or a high dmg team of 86/GS/Rey/FOTP
  • Options
    my lovely Sidious isnt even close to be OP.
    hes just really great, hes farmable, his skills are great and pretty unique (INFINITE IMMUNITY!!!!!) and his real unique ability is great. but hes only so popular because of the lack of good toons in Arena shipements.
    looking at my own team ? I'd rather get Aayla, rey and poe to 7* before Sidious. hes weaker than them imo. but because hes farmable and got inimitable abilities, hes in 90% of teams.
    He not tanky too much, hes not hitting too hard, his leader abi isnt the best. but hes GREAT overall. not op
  • Options
    Not everyone has the perfect Sid count available to them to use. It clear that those who have no problems defeating him have a 7* QGJ, GS, Dooku. What about those who have been farming different characters since the start and can't nuke him down the first round? Sid for me is a pain in my ****, and as a F2P player the counters set up for me to take him out will require tons of time, luck and effort. I can handle him every so often, but when he's on 10 teams in a row in GW he wears me down. For me personally I'd love to see more variety in team builds but until certain characters get brought into balance, whether that means buff or nerf, it's growing tiresome constantly facing him.
  • Options
    in Galactic War when I see a sid, I tend to kill him first. I use QGJ as leader, use harmonious Assault. sometimes this damage is ignored, sometimes not. get either Lumi, Sid, Dooku or Kylo to be bonus attack. to both these attack land, then dooku attacks. if all these attack land, enemy sid is dead without attacking.

If one (or worst case 2) attacks are evaded, then enemy sid uses his AOE 90% of the time and that just tickles. and the AOE will be countered by my Dooku. Then my sid, kylo and lumi all get their attacks. Enemy sid only survives this far if the RNG gods hate me. but this gives me another round of QGJ and Dooku at a minimum before enemy sid attacks again and he will be dead before a 2nd attack occurs.

if you focus on the enemy Sid; he will die. and die fast.

one thing to remember, EVERY team, EVERY character has a counter. maybe you don't have it in your roster, I sure as hell don't have every character. but there is counter there. Even Yoda can be countered.
  • Options
    The only reason I despise him, is that for GW, I have to use Barriss...
  • Options
    Lots of interesting counters mentioned for Sid but I don't even see that guy when I fight arena or GW. Running a team with Dooku and 5's means that when he starts off with his AoE that he's one hit away from death to start most battles. The best part is that even with that I still never kill him till last (unless the team has a Barris or Chewie). I target Lumi or JC or a cannon way before I focus on Sid. I just don't fear him or his overly colorful robes.
  • Options
    Most of the teams that I encounter too have Sid, Lumi, Dooku as most common players. It gets really boring especially with Dooku. He keeps on attacking and lengthens the game time very much. I try to take out Sid first from the opponent team.

Alas it is the Dark side that prevails more. Hope they would have made Yoda, Obi Won, Luke more easy to farms, they people would have a chance to side with Light side.
  • Options
    Guess I'm one of a kind. I use Luke (leader) Lumi, Daka, Vader and QGJ. I normally place in anywhere from 90 to 200 in arena. I have a few other characters with purple gear and swap out charcters every now and then to keep things fun but I've found this team strangely works rather well. :)
  • Options
    Actually, you can occasionally use Sid to your advantage in other ways against a team with JC or Lumi (or really any healer.)

If you land a heal block on a character with Sid and then get that character down to low yellow or red, the AI will usually burn a heal trying to save him. I actually once saw Lumi and JC try and save a character with back to back heals.

Obviously a bug, and not something that is easy to do, but I have seen it enough to the point where I never run Sid's AOE in hopes I can get the AI to waste a heal.
  • Options
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    It depends on the game mode. He's always my first target in GW but usually one of my last targets in arena.

I do exactly the same thing.