Anyone else glad a lot of people won't be unlocking CLS this time around

Prev1
It's suppose to be a legendary event, not so legendary in my opinion if everyone and their mothers have him. I also think it's awesome that they made a legendary event character to get another legendary event character. IMO this event was a treat more so for people thatve been playing for a long time and not necessarily people who spend huge amounts of money. Sorry for the billionth post about him. And I know there'll be lots of hate because complainers but that's my opinion.

Replies

• Options
    And yes I'm well on track on getting him. Just waiting to see if I can do it with G11 Leia, STH, and R2 and G10 Ben and Luke.
  • Options
    I definitely think it's a great idea tbh. Means you won't come up against 100s of him in arena and galactic war etc

I'm only about 50 shards short of 7* old ben ATM aswell so hopefully should definitely have him in time

I'm hoping all level 85 gear 8/9 will be enough for him though
    Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything You Fear To Lose - Yoda.
  • J3FF
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. If Luke becomes a squad staple, well what's so legendary about a common toon. Kinda mocks the term 'Legendary'. I didn't have my toons ready when Palp first came out so I know what it's like. I didn't have Rex/Cody etc when they arrived either. Diversity. It's good for the game, imo.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    don't care how many others will unlock him. It's not that difficult, so i assume most of my arena peers will also get him (februari 2016).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • J3FF
    69 posts Member
    Options
    @leef. I started ended of Jan 2016. We might be on the same server :)
  • Options
    Also playing on an old server. Top 100 will most likely get him. But even so I don't think half the players should be able to get him. In fact I think it should be even harder.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    J3FF wrote: »
    @leef. I started ended of Jan 2016. We might be on the same server :)

@J3FF
    could be, if you see a "DTA leef" ingame, that's me ;)
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    He's so similar to Thrawn that he will probably take just as much gear, making him just as rare even if everyone could unlock him
  • Options
    Thrawn took a 2 week panic harvest to get, he's not rare. why would Luke who for a lot is taking little to no effort to prepare be rare?

Only time a toon is rare is when the only way to get them is by those 5-330 packs
    ex. New ewoks
    I'm a dec 15 shard I'm sure the top 500 will be littered with him
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I dont think a lot if really the best term for it. I would imagine it will be on par with the other Legendary events, like R2, with a reasonable +/-

It should be pretty equal to R2 in fact:
    • # of people who unlocked R2 the first time
    • - the people who did unlock R2 but wont have all the other toons necessary
    • + the people who had all the toons necessary and will unlock R2 this round.

Yes those numbers may not be 100% = but I would bet they even out pretty close.
  • Options
    It doesn't make much difference how many people do or do not unlock him overall as I'm expecting everyone I face daily to have him as the requirements are not that hard for someone who has played the game for a while.
  • Jenojo
    96 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If people aren't ready to get him this time, then they should ready themselves for the next time he appears. I managed to farm enough to unlock Thrawn at 5 star. Now I've invested time in making sure the Phoenix are all 7 star with decent gear for when he returns and it isn't another scramble. That's what players should be thinking, instead of feeling entitled to get free shards to help them unlock him sooner.
  • Options
    Pretty much if u can unlock him, given that u r not a kraken in a new shard, everyone in ur shard will be able to unlock him.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Because he is a turn meter dependent character, speed will only matter slightly, the gear level and mods Crit chance, Crit damage, potency, offense, etc. will matter most.
  • Options
    i dont think he's gonna be as "legendary" as you think... the requirements for him aren't that high i think, lot of people will be able to get Luke, especially older shards. but i do think that his ultimate squad involves so much zetas that you won't see him control then meta right away. some guys with Z2Z2 and a zeta saved can already put a squad that will make people cry, but the rest will stick to their current team probably for few months until gear and zeta process finished on few toons.
    so, unlike DN or thrawn, he won't come right away, even if more people could have him.
    when people will have him, there will be a new meta available
  • Options
    Jenojo wrote: »
    If people aren't ready to get him this time, then they should ready themselves for the next time he appears. I managed to farm enough to unlock Thrawn at 5 star. Now I've invested time in making sure the Phoenix are all 7 star with decent gear for when he returns and it isn't another scramble. That's what players should be thinking, instead of feeling entitled to get free shards to help them unlock him sooner.

I've done exactly the same regarding thrawn, I've now got 5 7* Phoenix ready, All be it I don't have zeb at 7* but I do have the other 5
    I'm only about 50 shards off old ben 7* with all characters at about gear 8 minimum so I'm hoping il be ready for luke
    Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything You Fear To Lose - Yoda.
  • Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    It's suppose to be a legendary event, not so legendary in my opinion if everyone and their mothers have him. I also think it's awesome that they made a legendary event character to get another legendary event character. IMO this event was a treat more so for people thatve been playing for a long time and not necessarily people who spend huge amounts of money. Sorry for the billionth post about him. And I know there'll be lots of hate because complainers but that's my opinion.

Pretty much all new content is going to be for older players. New and moderate players already have plenty to do. It should be pretty simple to understand. I don't care how many get him but mid level players need to understand this. Short of QOL updates new stuff is not ment to cater to them
  • Options
    Yeah, 100 crystals worth of cantina energy; 2 old ben shards, I see how this is gonna go. Thanks for that EA. And thanks for floating the idea that ewoks were important around the same time you announced Luke. If I could have back every resource i wasted on those useless care bears I'd be right there. Thanks for the 7* requirement too. Actually soldier, this ex-sailor would probably agree with you; if it wasn't for those **** ewoks.
  • Options
    Crooklad wrote: »
    Jenojo wrote: »

I've done exactly the same regarding thrawn, I've now got 5 7* Phoenix ready, All be it I don't have zeb at 7* but I do have the other 5
    I'm only about 50 shards off old ben 7* with all characters at about gear 8 minimum so I'm hoping il be ready for luke

Thrawn was different imo. Those toons weren't even farmable. With the exception of r2 all these toons have been around for quite some time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Oguleya wrote: »
    Actually soldier, this ex-sailor would probably agree with you; if it wasn't for those **** ewoks.

So basically you would agree with him if you were one of the players that could unlock him? ^_^
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Oguleya wrote: »
    Yeah, 100 crystals worth of cantina energy; 2 old ben shards, I see how this is gonna go. Thanks for that EA. And thanks for floating the idea that ewoks were important around the same time you announced Luke. If I could have back every resource i wasted on those useless care bears I'd be right there. Thanks for the 7* requirement too. Actually soldier, this ex-sailor would probably agree with you; if it wasn't for those **** ewoks.

This - I have never managed a legendary event first time it comes and if my OB isn't ready (47/65) so be it, I will stick to being F2P

But the emphasis that the ewoks would bring good rewards was a massive set back as I farmed Chirpa when I could have farmed OB.

You live and learn though, with some luck he might just make it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Unlock or 7*? Even with the requirements Thrawn is at large, unlock was quite easy. I share the sentiment these mofos should be hard to get even if that means me not getting it. Though the rush hour method CG implements that difficulty leaves something to be desired.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Unlock or 7*? Even with the requirements Thrawn is at large, unlock was quite easy. I share the sentiment these mofos should be hard to get even if that means me not getting it. Though the rush hour method CG implements that difficulty leaves something to be desired.

Unless you stored up currency for quite some time and caught every refresh you weren't unlocking him without paying. I had phoenix maxed out as far as I could before f2p release and still had to spend $20-30
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If somebody can't unlock him now, he/she will manage to do so in the future if they actually want him. With that being said, I don't know why would anybody be "happy" with someone failing to unlock a character that they desire.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Unless you stored up currency for quite some time and caught every refresh you weren't unlocking him without paying. I had phoenix maxed out as far as I could before f2p release and still had to spend $20-30

Not sure, I haven't done any hard math. 40 out of 50 in my guild unlocked him as far as I know. That's pretty high. Are you sure you aren't talking about 7*ing Thrawn?
  • Options
    Moved to the appropriate sub forum. Feedback>Events
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Not sure, I haven't done any hard math. 40 out of 50 in my guild unlocked him as far as I know. That's pretty high. Are you sure you aren't talking about 7*ing Thrawn?

I'm talking unlock. I believe I'm the only one in my guild who got him and we have plenty of long time players
  • Options
    Unless you didn't play the Phoenix flash events, I don't see how you couldn't unlock him in a f2p way. You should've had all Phoenix toons on 3* and 15 shards, with Chopper being at 3* and 20 shards. This means that you needed 80 shards for each. You had double drops in the Cantina for Hera and Ezra, the others were in fairly easy place to farm, with the exception of Sabine. But you didn't really need her, as you could use Chopper who is in the Cantina Store and with the double drops which you should've used for Hera and Ezra, you should have collected enough currency to get him to at least 4* and ~40 shards.
  • Options
    Unless you didn't play the Phoenix flash events, I don't see how you couldn't unlock him in a f2p way. You should've had all Phoenix toons on 3* and 15 shards, with Chopper being at 3* and 20 shards. This means that you needed 80 shards for each. You had double drops in the Cantina for Hera and Ezra, the others were in fairly easy place to farm, with the exception of Sabine. But you didn't really need her, as you could use Chopper who is in the Cantina Store and with the double drops which you should've used for Hera and Ezra, you should have collected enough currency to get him to at least 4* and ~40 shards.

And 4 stars wouldn't have unlocked thrawn. Congrats you answered your own question.
  • Options

And 4 stars wouldn't have unlocked thrawn. Congrats you answered your own question.

No I didn't, what I found out, is that you cannot read.
    Where did I mention anything about 4*? "With the cantina energy from the double drops you could get chopper at 4* and ~40 shards" is what I said. The double drops lasted 2 days. You had at the very least 6 more days, to collect 25 more shards for him. Even if you didn't do a cantina refresh you still would've gotten him. How do I know that? Quite simple actually, it's because that's how I unlocked him. Now stop acting like an all knowing smart a, and understand that you're in the wrong here.