CLS Event Gear Requirements

Prev1
I see a lot of people on here shooting for gear level 11 on all five toons to complete the event, that seems like massive overkill to me. Did r2 with people in 7 and 8, did palp and yoda with the same (yoda had 1 and 2 star mods).

Any indication on difficulty I missed somewhere that has people thinking that will be the only way to beat the event? Otherwise I'd rather just save my gear for newluke.

Replies

• Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    I have sthan at g10, ben at g9, leia g9, farmboy g9 and r2 at g11 and I feel comfortable with that.

Granted, I may have to use arena mods, but it is what it is.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Old ben G10 Leia G11 Farm Luke G11 R2 G11 StHan G9.. All with appropriate mods. That's the team I will be running an am expecting it to easily unlock him.
    Previous event of this nature you could get away with all toons G10 minimal mods.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Options
    Saving the gear here. If not needed for the event toons, its ready for CLS. So its a save bet imo
  • Options
    I think its because this event is a go big or go home style event. 7* unlock with all the toons required getting reworks. Plus, this is one of their most powerful toons they have released, they arent just going to give him up for free. I think it will be decently challenging.
  • Options
    i have Leia, STHan at g10. R2 is on g9 soon g10. luke g8, lvl 65 and OldBen is g9 and lvl 74, because i barely touched him since he was the meta, and it probably keep being so.
    i think that will be enough. if not, will get more gear on leia, han, r2. if all of this not enough, luke to g9.
    but i think that modding in a crazy way will be enough with g9-10 kinda. it shouldnt be that hard.
  • Jenojo
    96 posts Member
    Options
    G8 or higher should be enough, at worst you may have to put some of your best mods them
  • Options
    Jenojo wrote: »
    G8 or higher should be enough, at worst you may have to put some of your best mods them

This is what I'm thinking but you never know.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    dolomyte wrote: »
    Any indication on difficulty I missed somewhere that has people thinking that will be the only way to beat the event? Otherwise I'd rather just save my gear for newluke.

We've never been required to have 7* toons before. We've never been required to have a specific 5 character team before. We've never been required to use an already legendary character to get another before. Devs have said in the past that acquiring this character should be something special. So I don't think we can compare it to past legendary events.

Although the one pattern from previous events I will say is that they have been tuned harder. The Yoda event is pretty easy with gear 8s, and no to low level mods. Meanwhile the R2 event took 100 tries on my wife's account with her arena mods and some gear 9-10 toons. I think anyone who expects this to be a walk in the park with minimal investment might be in for a rude shock.

That being said, I'm doing what I always do which is have the gear ready if I need it. But I won't put it on them until I have to. I can always beef them up after it starts, and I know how hard it is. But I I go overboard with the gear I can't undo that. That's my default mode always. Farm, hoard, then wait to see.
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    Options
    It seems no one knows what the requirements are. Yet people here keep saying what is enough. You don't know. Please stop spreading false info. Plus with a rework all these toons are gonna be better. And if I remembered correctly. The point of this game is to gear your toons. Isn't it? And if you think it's gonna be easy. I hope your right. But it won't be.
  • Options
    High end mods are always the key to everything in this game, Thrawn had people beating it at gVII and VIII with good to great mods while gX struggled without them.

I believe this event will be beatable with gIX with the right mods

Ex. Princess Zody can do amazing HAAT dmg, but if your mods aren't right you won't do much dmg at all even at gXI
  • Options
    I don't think that you would need gear xi toons across the board. They might make it difficult enough to require gear ix toons level 85, but i can't see them making it require 5 maxed toons. Im sitting on gear xi SThan, xi R2, x Leia, ix Luke, and ix old ben. I am not worried about having to gear any of them to gear xi.
  • Options
    My concern is that it is the 1st time an event unlocks at 7*. It isn't like you have a couple guys really geared and the rest so-so and only was able to unlock at 6*... get it next time.

So I went all in with my gear. Probably didn't need to, because I just unlock General Kenobe and will have wished I saved some stuff.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    I have no evidence to support this, but my gut tells me this will be a very difficult event. As someone else pointed out here, if CLS has such a massive kit, I really can't foresee them making the event a walk in the park.

I've got all my toons at XI and X and I'm still feeling a bit concerned. I'm gearing my X toons just enough so that in case I need to make a last min push to XI to beat the event ... at least I'll be ready in case it does become a huge challenge, even with arena mods.
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    Options
    Just saying. After the rework. These toons are gonna be useful. So why not max them. The more teams the better I say. Ben has been useless since the meta switch. Now he will be useful again. Leia is useful in tank. So is st han, r2. And with the rework. FBL might be a monster in raids. I have had st Han, Leia, Ben at g11 for over a year now. And don't regret it. (Especially now)
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

We've never been required to have 7* toons before. We've never been required to have a specific 5 character team before. We've never been required to use an already legendary character to get another before. Devs have said in the past that acquiring this character should be something special. So I don't think we can compare it to past legendary events.

Although the one pattern from previous events I will say is that they have been tuned harder. The Yoda event is pretty easy with gear 8s, and no to low level mods. Meanwhile the R2 event took 100 tries on my wife's account with her arena mods and some gear 9-10 toons. I think anyone who expects this to be a walk in the park with minimal investment might be in for a rude shock.

That being said, I'm doing what I always do which is have the gear ready if I need it. But I won't put it on them until I have to. I can always beef them up after it starts, and I know how hard it is. But I I go overboard with the gear I can't undo that. That's my default mode always. Farm, hoard, then wait to see.

Best answer on this thread. None of us know what is going to happen. I'm just focusing on getting all 7* characters, and then getting them to G8 with lvl 5 skills. Once the event opens, then I'll upgrade as required.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Well I'm hoping real hard that two g11 and 3 g9 toons can do it. The g10 requirements for old Ben call for 200 carbantis plus a cuff, Luke needs another 50 carbantis plus cuffs, sth needs another 50 carbantis plus 100 syringes. I already need carbantis for so many dang toons so I don't have 300 just sitting around.
  • Options
    Sunod10 wrote: »
    Just saying. After the rework. These toons are gonna be useful. So why not max them. The more teams the better I say. Ben has been useless since the meta switch. Now he will be useful again. Leia is useful in tank. So is st han, r2. And with the rework. FBL might be a monster in raids. I have had st Han, Leia, Ben at g11 for over a year now. And don't regret it. (Especially now)

Yep. Excellent point. I've had Ben been done since he was meta, now dusting the old boy off again. It's nice to see that some toons can be used again, which goes to your point as well, why not gear them now - chances are they will be worth it even after the event.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Because if you max them, you won't have the gear for CL after you unlock him. Best bet is to acquire the gear to max them, but not max them until you see how hard the event is.

I suspect we'll need everyone at g10+, but we won't know until it's here.
  • Options
    I got StH R2 and Leia max gear 11, Luke at 11 (not maxed) and Ben at 9 (but working on acquiring gear in case I need to gear him to 10). Hoping that'll be enough. Working on hoarding some omegas in case I need them.
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Because if you max them, you won't have the gear for CL after you unlock him. Best bet is to acquire the gear to max them, but not max them until you see how hard the event is.

Your always "gonna need gear" lol. You can't win this game my friend. And like I said. I have had them geared for a while. And I have plenty of gear for CLS. I don't wait til the last second to acquire gear. Maybe u should do the same.
  • Options
    I hope it's G11
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

Your always "gonna need gear" lol. You can't win this game my friend. And like I said. I have had them geared for a while. And I have plenty of gear for CLS. I don't wait til the last second to acquire gear. Maybe u should do the same.

Its actually smart to wait. If you dont need to use the gear then why do it (unless you want to which is fine) i have 3 at g11 but im waiting on the start of the event before i use anymore gear in the other 2
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    I think gear 8 and 9 will be sufficient but they have noted that it's 7 stars or nothing for cls event. Plus with the reworks and Luke's skill set people are expecting a meta flip and you'll need your rebels at gear xi.
  • Options
    I've got them at G9, and I'm farming the gear to take them higher, but holding off giving it to them. This way if it takes G10 I'm prepared. If it takes G11 I might be screwed if the event starts soon.
  • Options
    I see a lot of people on here shooting for gear level 11 on all five toons to complete the event, that seems like massive overkill to me. Did r2 with people in 7 and 8, did palp and yoda with the same (yoda had 1 and 2 star mods).

All the other 7* events could use g8/g9 and good mods to complete.

I have a feeling this event will be a bit different..a bit more of a challenge. Reason I say this is because Luke unlocks only at 7* not 5* like previous events. To be on the safe side farm all the gear you can now and wait to use it when the event goes live. If you can beat it without maxing gear then that's a good thing. If you can't beat it then max 1 toon at a times gear. And try beating the event again. I'm like you...id rather not spend all my hoarded gear to beat the challenge but atleast if you farm the gear you need now you'll know for sure you'll beat the event when the time comes.

I'm gonna go with G9Ben(L),G10Leia,G10Sth,G11FarmboyLuke and G9 R2. If need be ill gear up Ben,Leia and R2 to G11 and G10 since I have the gear ready for them. Also if need be...I'll remove some mods from my arena team and add them to my Luke event squad. One way or another I'm gonna get me that new Luke character.
  • Options
    Everyone gear 8-9 except ben

Gonna gear him so he only survives till last stage and suicide kenobi
  • Options
    Since my comment was deleted I'll ask again...

Hey devs...Are you going to communicate to us the gear requirements for CLS? Why haven't you done this? If you are can you tell us when? Is this too much to ask for?
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

Hey devs...Are you going to communicate to us the gear requirements for CLS? Why haven't you done this? If you are can you tell us when? Is this too much to ask for?

Wait for the news to come later today. Kozispoon wrote early today that a "state of the galaxy post" will be coming
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

They've never shared the gear requirements. Why would this time be any different?

Don't need to win anything. But no point gearing these characters that you might not be using except for this one event if you don't have to. If you have the extra gear or cash, or just want to gear them, that's up to you. Personally, I now wait until I actually need to gear someone before doing so.
  • Options

They've never shared the gear requirements. Why would this time be any different?

Don't need to win anything. But no point gearing these characters that you might not be using except for this one event if you don't have to. If you have the extra gear or cash, or just want to gear them, that's up to you. Personally, I now wait until I actually need to gear someone before doing so.

Why would it be different? Why not? This whole Luke event is different. Having to have a team of 5 characters at 7 stars is different. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that communication could be a lot better, don't you think?
This discussion has been closed.