CLS Event Gear Requirements

2Next

Replies

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    And make sure to have 8 zetas ready to be applied to all of them..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Since my comment was deleted I'll ask again...

Hey devs...Are you going to communicate to us the gear requirements for CLS? Why haven't you done this? If you are can you tell us when? Is this too much to ask for?

They've never shared the gear requirements. Why would this time be any different?
    Sunod10 wrote: »
    Just saying. After the rework. These toons are gonna be useful. So why not max them. The more teams the better I say. Ben has been useless since the meta switch. Now he will be useful again. Leia is useful in tank. So is st han, r2. And with the rework. FBL might be a monster in raids. I have had st Han, Leia, Ben at g11 for over a year now. And don't regret it. (Especially now)

Because if you max them, you won't have the gear for CL after you unlock him. Best bet is to acquire the gear to max them, but not max them until you see how hard the event is.

I suspect we'll need everyone at g10+, but we won't know until it's here.

Your always "gonna need gear" lol. You can't win this game my friend. And like I said. I have had them geared for a while. And I have plenty of gear for CLS. I don't wait til the last second to acquire gear. Maybe u should do the same.

Don't need to win anything. But no point gearing these characters that you might not be using except for this one event if you don't have to. If you have the extra gear or cash, or just want to gear them, that's up to you. Personally, I now wait until I actually need to gear someone before doing so.

Why would it be different? Why not? This whole Luke event is different. Having to have a team of 5 characters at 7 stars is different. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that communication could be a lot better, don't you think?

Communication is a lot better.

Why not wait to see what information they give us in the state of the game address coming. I dont think they will give that information because they dont usually do that, but you never know.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Since my comment was deleted I'll ask again...

Hey devs...Are you going to communicate to us the gear requirements for CLS? Why haven't you done this? If you are can you tell us when? Is this too much to ask for?

They've never shared the gear requirements. Why would this time be any different?
    Just saying. After the rework. These toons are gonna be useful. So why not max them. The more teams the better I say. Ben has been useless since the meta switch. Now he will be useful again. Leia is useful in tank. So is st han, r2. And with the rework. FBL might be a monster in raids. I have had st Han, Leia, Ben at g11 for over a year now. And don't regret it. (Especially now)

Because if you max them, you won't have the gear for CL after you unlock him. Best bet is to acquire the gear to max them, but not max them until you see how hard the event is.

I suspect we'll need everyone at g10+, but we won't know until it's here.

Your always "gonna need gear" lol. You can't win this game my friend. And like I said. I have had them geared for a while. And I have plenty of gear for CLS. I don't wait til the last second to acquire gear. Maybe u should do the same.

Don't need to win anything. But no point gearing these characters that you might not be using except for this one event if you don't have to. If you have the extra gear or cash, or just want to gear them, that's up to you. Personally, I now wait until I actually need to gear someone before doing so.

Why would it be different? Why not? This whole Luke event is different. Having to have a team of 5 characters at 7 stars is different. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that communication could be a lot better, don't you think?

No, I think the communication has been awesome. They gave us 4 months notice to work on these characters. We knew Luke was coming. You want to gear him right away? Should have been saving. When he lands in game we'll get gear requirements from .gg like always.
  • Options
    Why not try your best to g11 as many of the required heroes as possible? Once they're done...they're done. You won't ever have to worry about them again. And they'll be useful in things like GW, guild raids, territory battles, and possibly the Arena.
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Maybe they have not decided yet... What would happen if all of us started dumping resources into the 5 toons and moments before launch, the "algorithm" re-tunes the event based on how much money was spent.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    Just farm the gear to get them to G9 or so, but don't equip it yet. Attempt it with G7. If that doesn't work, try G8. If that doesn't work, try G9.
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    11 is probably overkill, but the reworked EP4 units are really good so you'll likely wind up using them outside this event. I generally don't tune any event to need "the max" of gear/mods, so that if you're having trouble winning you have a valid path to increasing power to overcome the challenge. (Assault Battles & Heroic Battles bonus tiers being an exception to this). That said, mods are going to be important. The enemies in the event have been tweaked and each tier is a new battle with special mechanics or gameplay. You may have to adapt your strategy as you progress through the event, and mods are the most flexible way to do that.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    well there you go.
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    we were told they wanted to make this journey for players a good one, there's no way they were gonna require everyone to crank it up to 11 across the board.

CG_CapGaSP - big thanks for stopping by here
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    11 is probably overkill, but the reworked EP4 units are really good so you'll likely wind up using them outside this event. I generally don't tune any event to need "the max" of gear/mods, so that if you're having trouble winning you have a valid path to increasing power to overcome the challenge. (Assault Battles & Heroic Battles bonus tiers being an exception to this). That said, mods are going to be important. The enemies in the event have been tweaked and each tier is a new battle with special mechanics or gameplay. You may have to adapt your strategy as you progress through the event, and mods are the most flexible way to do that.

that sounds awesome. Thank you.

Asked and answered. CapGaSP for the win.
This discussion has been closed.