Content update 8/9 [Mega]

Replies

• CLS has been done perfectly.....Great Toon, Great release procedure...very pleased. I, for one, commend the developers on a job well done here.
  • I am just laughing how again the week they release at least 1 new and very expected toon there will be no credit heist... :D It's so typical....I hope they prove me wrong tomorrow but I highly doubt it :D
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_CapGaSP
    First of all, fantastic event for Luke. Props to the slow mo decision maker.

So I maxed CLS minutes after he came out and zeta'd both his uniques. Tried him in arena all day, tried him on a Wiggs, jyn, raid han rancor team and solo'd in just over five minutes.
    My shard is highly competitive and full of long term whales.

I can now safely say that Commander Luke is a perfect addition. He is not so overpowered that he cannot be defeated (like a lot of the players that won't get him seem to think). He adds many more viable options to arena but does not detract from any of the current meta options. His kit is fun and I enjoy playing him.

I also zetad Han Solo and he has easily become one of my favorite characters to use. He is now worthy of his raid exclusive title. And just like Commander Luke, he does not ruin the game but adds more options.

I look forward to Territory Battles and all future reworks. Especially if Grievous gets the Han Solo treatment.

(Also do a Korriban Territory Battle and Revan)

tumblr_njgxwrd0cB1qb1m9to1_500.gif

Good grief. How much in cash do you think you dropped in this little pixelated cartoon character for a mobile game?
  • Wait a second, Dooku's Force Lightning has 100% chance to debuff against Jedi. Foresight be damned, 100% is 100%! That's like "fixing" Vader's terrifying swing against Jedi, or Savage against enemies with 50% health, because they have foresight. His Force Lightning is a major part of what makes him a great asset against Jedi squads.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • should be tomorrow in the am
  • Ha ha. This is exactly why I stopped playing a couple months ago. Had played since the game released. I pop on here every once in awhile to see if it's worth playing again. It's obviously not. New character requirements are worse than ever.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Ha ha. This is exactly why I stopped playing a couple months ago. Had played since the game released. I pop on here every once in awhile to see if it's worth playing again. It's obviously not. New character requirements are worse than ever.
    So today, you created an account on the forums, which you say you've visited off and on before, simply to pat yourself on the back for quitting a while ago?
    Gee, this doesn't sound fishy at all...
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!

• Kyno wrote: »
    I understand, but this is the nature of the game. Events require a certain amount of investment. for some it is time and others its money. There really is no inbetween, there is only ever an explicit P2W option to speed up.

☝️This.

So by only giving a week's notice of the toons required the "time" option is taken away from players who hadn't farmed all the required toons. The only recourse available for these players who want cls from the event is to spend money.

I can understand why such little notice was given. The length of advance warning is inversely proportional to the revenue from the event.

NB. This is not a criticism of CG/EA, just a statement of fact.
  • I've heard the resistance squad is now bugged in haat and not gaining tm after the update. Any details?
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I've heard the resistance squad is now bugged in haat and not gaining tm after the update. Any details?

You know, I'm not sure this wasn't a problem before the update. But at random times, hitting an exposed character DOESN'T give TM. It's seemingly random so I'm not sure where the bug is
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    Ha ha. This is exactly why I stopped playing a couple months ago. Had played since the game released. I pop on here every once in awhile to see if it's worth playing again. It's obviously not. New character requirements are worse than ever.
    So today, you created an account on the forums, which you say you've visited off and on before, simply to pat yourself on the back for quitting a while ago?
    Gee, this doesn't sound fishy at all...

Bruh, I lost access to my profile and just heatd about the big CL event.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    AeonWorm wrote: »
    Luke totally beats Rancor by himself in the movie, he should totally be able to do it in the game. "Get paid to tell the Truth Dog...It only makes Sense (cents)!"

I'd throw Gamorrean Guard in there with him just for posterity.

lol I agree, Spot on, spot on!
  • Err.. I mean Luked. Auto solo
  • When will territory battles come out?
  • They won't say. They'll hint that he may be coming back for a 2 hour flash type event every day for the next year so that everyone panics and buys their overpriced bundles.

There is reasonable... But then there is bitter, and this is the latter. I get that a lot of people didn't get cls, but cg DID NOT have to give you packs to buy to help you farm characters that are almost two years old in the game. They could have just moved forward with their initial plans and let you be out of luck. It's one thing to call EA out for blatantly screwing you, but you're basically coming to the party with a victim mentality, here, and sadly you're just incorrect this time. Almost my entire guild unlocked Luke, and while we have Haat on farm, we are not hardcore.

I get it, Luke is the most iconic and wanted, but they're not going to give you such a powerful character just for logging in and being there. He'll be back, so people should just stop freaking out and be patient. You'll get him next time.
  • This isn't so frustrating. CG gets us all hyped up AND increases the hard mode multi sim to 5 from 3 then greatly reduces the number of drops per multi sim?! Wth?! I LOVE this game but, like any other game, the more popular it gets, the more expensive and less general play it gets. Ugh when will these companies learn they can NOT keep as large of a customer base if they refuse to all those of us that don't have the extra $ to STILL be able to play for longer than 20-30 mins per day?!
  • MolIza wrote: »
    This isn't so frustrating. CG gets us all hyped up AND increases the hard mode multi sim to 5 from 3 then greatly reduces the number of drops per multi sim?! Wth?! I LOVE this game but, like any other game, the more popular it gets, the more expensive and less general play it gets. Ugh when will these companies learn they can NOT keep as large of a customer base if they refuse to all those of us that don't have the extra $ to STILL be able to play for longer than 20-30 mins per day?!

Was it proven that they reduced the drop rate?
  • MolIza wrote: »
    This isn't so frustrating. CG gets us all hyped up AND increases the hard mode multi sim to 5 from 3 then greatly reduces the number of drops per multi sim?! Wth?! I LOVE this game but, like any other game, the more popular it gets, the more expensive and less general play it gets. Ugh when will these companies learn they can NOT keep as large of a customer base if they refuse to all those of us that don't have the extra $ to STILL be able to play for longer than 20-30 mins per day?!

Idk if it was "proven" per se but, when I spend 100 energy and get not even 1 character shard I'd say about 75% of the time now (whereas when there were only 3 max I'd almost ALWAYS get AT LEAST 1 shard), I think it's pretty strong proof that they have. That's just my opinion of course. It does seem that many other players have been experiencing the same issues so that's just more proof that they HAD to have reduced the drop rates for shards.

• Gawejn
    1095 posts Member
    MolIza wrote: »
    MolIza wrote: »

Idk if it was "proven" per se but, when I spend 100 energy and get not even 1 character shard I'd say about 75% of the time now (whereas when there were only 3 max I'd almost ALWAYS get AT LEAST 1 shard), I think it's pretty strong proof that they have. That's just my opinion of course. It does seem that many other players have been experiencing the same issues so that's just more proof that they HAD to have reduced the drop rates for shards.

I have opposite, I got from hard battles more than one. Two is almost constant. Sometimes one, sometimes 3, once got 5. Never four. From nodes with char and ships i got many times 2 shards of char, 3 shards of ships. I farm them everyday and I must say I am getting more than month before.