Content update 8/9 [Mega]

Prev13456716
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited August 2017
Here are the Game Updates for 8/9/2017. Cheers!

LUKE SKYWALKER NAME UPDATE
With the onset of Commander Luke Skywalker, Luke Skywalker’s name has officially been changed to Luke Skywalker (Farmboy).

NEW HOPE REWORK
In celebration of the of the highly anticipated Hero's journey, the required characters have been reworked! For an in depth look at their kits and general strategy, please see the links we shared previous to this update below:
HERO’S JOURNEY
9dkg7yktcjrb.png

Retrace the steps of the legendary hero LUKE SKYWALKER from his humble beginnings on Tatooine through his daring escape from the Death Star. Fight alongside Farmboy Luke Skywalker, Stormtrooper Han, Princess Leia, Old Ben Kenobi, and R2-D2 to complete this six mission event and unlock Commander Luke Skywalker.
  • Requirements: Luke Skywalker (Farmboy), Princess Leia, R2-D2, Stormtrooper Han, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
  • Event Begins: AUG 10th
REFRESHING CHANGE TO OLD DIFFICULTIES
Hard Node attempts have been Increased! For a limited time, Hard Nodes have had their attempts increased from 3 to 5. This change applies to both Light Side & Dark Side Nodes.

SHARDS ADDED TO SHIPMENTS
Shipments have been updated to include the Shards of the following Characters (in quantities of of 4 or 8):
  • Darth Nihilus
  • Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum)

PACKS & BUNDLES

The Journey Begins Pack (NEW)
Power up your A NEW HOPE characters with one or all of our new THE JOURNEY BEGINS Packs. Each individual pack awards one card of character shards worth between 10 to 330 Character Shards for A New Hope characters (Maximum 10 purchases per day.)
Possible characters:
  • Farmboy Luke
  • Old Ben Kenobi
  • Princess Leia
  • Stormtrooper Han

The Journey Begins Bundles (NEW)
Power up your A NEW HOPE characters with THE JOURNEY BEGINS bundles, featuring reworked characters with all new abilities and synergies, and the credits, training droids, ability materials, and gear you will need to get them started!
Choose from the following Bundles:
  • Farmboy Luke Skywalker
  • Princess Leia
  • Old Ben Kenobi
  • Stormtrooper Han
Contents:
  • 80 Character Shards
  • 280,000 Credits
  • 15x Tier 4 XP Droids
  • Ability Mats
TERRITORY BATTLES
With our newest game feature just around the corner, and @CG_TopHat offering a sneak peek of things to come, including Character kits exclusive to Territory Battles in his latest State of the Galaxy address, it's clear we're excited to share more about Territory Battles with all of you!

Soon, all our Holotable heroes will embark on an epic, multi-phase battle, pitching the entire collection of characters and ships of every Guild member against a progressively challenging, living battlefield! Work collaboratively with your Guild to bring over 7,500 units into battle. Participate in new gameplay like Platoon Missions, which unlock special abilities, such as the Ion Cannon, to turn the tide in your favor.

BUGS
  • Count Dooku's "Force Lightning" ability will no longer apply Stun/Shock through Foresight.
  • Under General Veers lead, Fulcrum Ahsoka will no longer gain Offense Up when she uses Meditate.
  • Ewoks that assist under Phasma lead will now grant Defense Up to an allied Ewok (Paploo, Logray Wicket)

WHAT’S AHEAD
  • Packing in Hotfixes
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• December 16 shard here I'm in the dolphin class I miss played till I found the good folks and their advice on this forum I have ben and Luke at seven han and r2 at five and Leia working on five I figure he will be back and I will get him then I don't like whinners but the gloaters could tone it down to let's keep helping each other please
  • I read your message and momentarily passed out through lack of oxygen.
  • I read your message and momentarily passed out through lack of oxygen.

Lol. ;)

December 16 shard here I'm in the dolphin class I miss played till I found the good folks and their advice on this forum I have ben and Luke at seven han and r2 at five and Leia working on five I figure he will be back and I will get him then I don't like whinners but the gloaters could tone it down to let's keep helping each other please

Aight fam keep grinding...

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    You will never stop either. There will always be those to complain about what they don't have while others swing it around looking for someone else to do the measuring.

I have all at 7*, but questionable whether my gear is high enough. I've never once gotten an event toon (Palp, Yoda, R2, Thrawn etc) first time so I'm not fussed if it takes a few months and a bit of extra grinding for him to come around again. There's plenty to work on in the meantime.
  • But what about this totally awesome Commander Luke toon that I'm going to get that you aren't? Can he gloat?
  • December 16 shard here I'm in the dolphin class I miss played till I found the good folks and their advice on this forum I have ben and Luke at seven han and r2 at five and Leia working on five I figure he will be back and I will get him then I don't like whinners but the gloaters could tone it down to let's keep helping each other please

The gloaters are tired of hearing the people not getting him basically saying "it's not fair, I should get him to even though I've not put the effort in". Im just trying to get people to understamd we are entitled to nothing we dont work for
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    You will never stop either. There will always be those to complain about what they don't have while others swing it around looking for someone else to do the measuring.

I have all at 7*, but questionable whether my gear is high enough. I've never once gotten an event toon (Palp, Yoda, R2, Thrawn etc) first time so I'm not fussed if it takes a few months and a bit of extra grinding for him to come around again. There's plenty to work on in the meantime.

Im concerned about my gear as well but if i dont get him, oh well. I thought ahead and farmed to 7 star so now we just have to see how tough he is
  • But what about this totally awesome Commander Luke toon that I'm going to get that you aren't? Can he gloat?

Lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    in before moved to sub forum :wink:
  • Rejoice !
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    My favorite part of this update is that, "Farm Boy" is now officially part of Luke's name.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Question is, how long is this event?
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    So the way we can get more shards for the characters needed for Comander Luke that you promised is Bundles and Packs??? No double drops? No Shard Shop? Thank you a lot CG....you managed to disappoint me once again :)
  • I honestly don't think I deserve him I farmed Phoenix so I got thrawn I was set for a 5 star Rd got him so I'm starting to get my five star han and for star Leia up with two more empire
  • But uh, when does the event end? How long have we got?
  • When does it end?
  • But uh, when does the event end? How long have we got?
    Seriously. That's kind of a big deal....
  • Well packs are for 2 weeks, maybe that long?
  • Packs are available for 14 days... I hope the event will last 14 days as well!
  • Love it <3
  • It will come back later is all I care about I don't care about when just that at some point I can get him
  • They just forgot to info about duration?! Maybe infinite I guess?! Till the end of the month?! WHEN!?!?!?!
  • Melvil wrote: »
    So the way we can get more shards for the characters needed for Comander Luke that you promised is Bundles and Packs??? No double drops? No Shard Shop? Thank you a lot CG....you managed to disappoint me once again :)

I thought Double Drops were a given, kind of surprised.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Melvil wrote: »
    So the way we can get more shards for the characters needed for Comander Luke that you promised is Bundles and Packs???

This should not be surprising.
  • I love this game. But feel shafted here. I am not ftp but far from a whale. Feeling forced to spend to get a key character is a little much. Too little notice and I had really hoped for a little boost to farm these toons. Not asking to be handed them. But no way will my Old Ben be ready
  • Prepared to see Lukes show up in multiple arena squads tomorrow
  • Yeah it would stink if the packs are up for 2 weeks and the event ends before that
  • When does it end?
  • So if I only need Old Ben, I can spend 699 crystals on packs with a 25% chance to get him. And a 75% chance for shard shop currency where I can't buy Old Ben........
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    So what's with the in game message about Nihilus and Fulcrum being available as a tile in shipments? Which shipment?