Vader feels left behind?

2Next

Replies

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Y'all want a Vader rework when he's one of the top 5 used leaders in arena, and the 6th most used toon in Arena squads? Not to mention one of THE most useful characters for both raids.

Vader is currently one of the strongest characters in the game. Hands down.
  • Options
    What the heck are you guys talking about?

https://swgoh.gg/u/nicolbolas/
  • Options
    What about your team makes Vader worth it? How well does it take on Thrawn teams? And any chance could you tell us how well it performs once CLS gets a chance to kick off?
  • Options
    I think if they're going to introduce multiple versions of certain characters, then hooded, pre suit Vader should be a thing and he should be an ENORMOUS damage dealer who amps himself massively. May as well with other characters coming out all the time... 3 Hans but 1 Vader? Na give the Dark Lord some love. Make pre suit Vader the kind of character you second guess yourself to battle against in the right team comp. That along with a proper normal Vader rework would be amazing... not going to happen though :)
  • Options
    Vader is a monster in arena. take first or second every day against the current "meta" teams and then i dont fall back below 10th. My shard says he is a B**** to fight at least in my comp
  • Options
    You say hes a monster, but how does he handle against say thrawn? what do you do in that matchup?
  • WattoisSnoke
    244 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ok guys... slightly reworked my previous proposed rework and came up with this build which I personally think is near spot on for Darth Vader as a character and would put him rightfully at the top tier of all around characters and a decent counter to new Rebels/CLS. What do you guys think... bit OP but that goes with the state of the game :)

Darth Vader

Terrifying Swing (Basic) Omega'd

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Ability Block and Defence Down for 2 turns. Jedi and Rebels cannot resist these effects. If the enemy is suffering 2 or more Damage Over Time effects, stun for 1 turn and remove 100% turn meter.

Force Crush (Special) Omega'd
    '4 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down, Health Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 rounds. Any enemy that resists these effects loses all buffs on them and 50% Turn Meter. For each enemy that resists, deal +20% damage, recover 5% health and reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1.

Culling Blade (Special) Omega'd
    '4 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all status effects on them. This attack deals 50% more damage for each detrimental effect dispelled and Darth Vader recovers 10% health for each positive effect dispelled. Grants 100% Turn Meter and recovers 50% protection on a finishing blow. This attack can't be evaded.

Inspiring Through Fear (Leader) Zeta'd

Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offence, +50% Critical Damage, +15% Critical Chance and have a 70% chance to remove 25% Turn Meter on hit. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.

Overwhelming Force (Unique) Zeta'd

Darth Vader has +100% Defence, +30% Potency, +50% Tenacity and gains +5% Offence (stacking) for each enemy he applies detrimental status effects on. Darth Vader starts each encounter with 100% Turn Meter. If Darth Vader is stunned, he immediately cleanses himself of all negative status effects and gains 100% Turn Meter.

Empires Enforcer (Unique) Zeta'd

Rebel and Jedi enemies deal -25% damage to Darth Vader and grant him 30% Turn Meter whenever they attack him. If an enemy lands a Critical Hit on Darth Vader, he gains Offence Up, Speed Up and Critical Chance Up for 1 turn.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    #MakeVaderGreatAgain
    Yessss
  • ZetaShooter88
    270 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    Y'all want a Vader rework when he's one of the top 5 used leaders in arena, and the 6th most used toon in Arena squads? Not to mention one of THE most useful characters for both raids.

Vader is currently one of the strongest characters in the game. Hands down.

I think you mean he should be one of the strongest in the game. He definitely is not or you are on a newer shard. I'm on a old shard and Vader hasn't been good or made an appearance in any team in top 50 in a long time. He's way way to slow and easy to shut down. I love Vader by far my favorite star wars character. Would love to see a rework that is long over due in my opinion. A pre-suit yellow eyed bad kitten looking anakin/vader would be cool to though
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    #makevadergreatagain
    #givevaderaunique
    #stopskimpingonthedarkside
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options
    The community has accepted that CLS "should be a powerful character b/c he's the main character of the story." Well, at this point of the story (Ep V), Vader toys with him before soundly beating him 1v1. The least the devs could do is make sure Vader will routinely defeat an equally geared and modded CLS.

You know, for the story.
  • Options
    Calx wrote: »
    The community has accepted that CLS "should be a powerful character b/c he's the main character of the story." Well, at this point of the story (Ep V), Vader toys with him before soundly beating him 1v1. The least the devs could do is make sure Vader will routinely defeat an equally geared and modded CLS.

You know, for the story.

+1
    I've said this before
  • Options
    #sithlivesmatter
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Rakim wrote: »
    "Oh but he can solo rancor" is such a pathetic argument against improving Vader because at this point, who cares? Rancor is what, 2 years old now?

Just being that guy real quick, this game either didnt exist 2 years ago or was in beta(Really it still felt like beta 6 months after release), and raids didnt come out for quite a while after release.

Other than that, I agree Vader is underwhelming and has almost always been underwhelming in this game. I would love to see him improved, or maybe a new version of Vader somehow?

But my thoughts on this is that people want Vader improved because CLS is just soo much better. But what happens if they improve Vader, then later down the line we get an actual Jedi luke. People are just gonna be like fix Vader again, he should be similar or better than Jedi luke. Its never ending.

• Options
    I, for one, am not trying to get him equal to CLS. Keep him the same, just give him a dang Unique ability. It doesn't need to be game breaking.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    But my thoughts on this is that people want Vader improved because CLS is just soo much better. But what happens if they improve Vader, then later down the line we get an actual Jedi luke. People are just gonna be like fix Vader again, he should be similar or better than Jedi luke. Its never ending.

It ends after the next iteration. Jedi Luke (Ep VI) > Vader > CLS (Ep V).

Movies are awesome.
  • Options
    With thrawn, SA, a taunter and DN, he still does well. There's one in my shard that moves up into the top 5 over rex teams and cls teams.
  • Options
    #sithlivesmatter

Lol!
  • Options

Movies are awesome.

When did Jedi Luke ever own Vader? If I remember correctly Luke went and got captured and convinced Vader to turn on Palps through crying out father like a baby..
  • Options
    I feel Vader should get some counter chance. It would be a great way to utilise hos basic (ability block, on counter sounds great), and makese sense with his character along with offence stacking
  • Options
    Vader was one of the best toons last year. He triple attack when under Palps lead was the most brutal thing in the game. More brutal than even Wiggs. Right now there are still some Zader teams in arena. I am having a really hard time with one Zader(L), Sass, DN + 2 others. Sass feeds them TM, Zader Aoe's with the sticking DoTs and DN drains everybody. Sass can easily one shot squishier toons, Vader can throw his saber and knock out somebody and DN can get his Annihilate really fast.
  • Options
    #makevadergreatagain
    #givevaderaunique
    #stopskimpingonthedarkside
    #sithlivesmatter

+1
  • Options
    I still stay 50-100 in a Jan 16 shard. That being said, he is extremely underpowered and it is shameful. He at the very least needs a non leader zeta. Cls has 3 and vader has 1, palp has 0. It's no doubt unbalanced at this point.

Wouldn't it be great if Palatine got a zeta to his leader ability that included sharing Zaders lead if he was present.
  • Options
    I got zader and dont even use him! Sad
  • Options
    I half joked about this on another page but if you wanted him beefed up to remain relevant and be a counter to Luke, his kit could look something like this. Isn't **** overpowered because most new characters are overpowered in their own right and this is a mirror to CLS. Just a bit of fun. The idea is he gets stronger the longer he fights and is very anti rebel/Jedi like in the story.

Darth Vader

Deal Physical damage to target enemy, inflict Ability Block for 1 Turn and 50% chance to dispel all buffs. Jedi and Rebel targets cannot Evade or Resist the effects of this attack. If resisted, deal double damage.

'4 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down, Health Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 rounds. For each enemy that resists, deal +20% damage and recover 10% health.

'3 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispels all negative status effects on them. This attack deals 50% more damage for each effect dispelled, grants 100% Turn Meter and recovers 100% protection on a finishing blow. This attack can't be evaded.

Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense, +30% Critical Damage, +15% Critical Chance and have a 50% chance to remove 25% Turn Meter on hit. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.

Darth Vader has 100% turn meter at the start of battle and gains +10% offence after each of his turns, stacking up to +100%. Additionally, he gains +20% defence any time he is attacked, stacking up to +200% and gains +5 speed for each Empire or Sith ally and +3 speed for each debuffed enemy.

Rebel and Jedi enemies deal -30% damage to Darth Vader and grant him 10% Turn Meter whenever they attack him. If an enemy lands a Critical Hit on Darth Vader, he gains Offence Up, Defence Up, Speed Up and Critical Chance Up for 1 turn.

I'm all in for Vader and Empire buffs, but this is too overpowered. I like the idea of his Second unique. Imagine Wiggs or GK assist ablities... they would do nothing to Vader. Just like movies and comics.
    How about:
    Empire's Enforcer: Jedi and Rebel enemies deal -20% damage to Darth Vader. Additionally, whenever Darth Vader falls below 100% health, gains 50% Turn Metter and reduce his cooldowns by 1.
  • Options
    I use a Zader squad with two tanks Shore and DT TFP and Zylo. I used to stay in the top 50 overnight. Now I struggle to crack the top 75 and often get knocked back out if the top 100. I just faced a CLS Wiggs/Chaze team and got absolutely REKT, I see maybe 2 other Zader teams in my shard's top 100 if that. Zader is old news there is no doubt and now, once again, I find myself chasing the meta *sigh*
  • Options
    I half joked about this on another page but if you wanted him beefed up to remain relevant and be a counter to Luke, his kit could look something like this. Isn't **** overpowered because most new characters are overpowered in their own right and this is a mirror to CLS. Just a bit of fun. The idea is he gets stronger the longer he fights and is very anti rebel/Jedi like in the story.

Darth Vader

Deal Physical damage to target enemy, inflict Ability Block for 1 Turn and 50% chance to dispel all buffs. Jedi and Rebel targets cannot Evade or Resist the effects of this attack. If resisted, deal double damage.

'4 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down, Health Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 rounds. For each enemy that resists, deal +20% damage and recover 10% health.

'3 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispels all negative status effects on them. This attack deals 50% more damage for each effect dispelled, grants 100% Turn Meter and recovers 100% protection on a finishing blow. This attack can't be evaded.

Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense, +30% Critical Damage, +15% Critical Chance and have a 50% chance to remove 25% Turn Meter on hit. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.

Darth Vader has 100% turn meter at the start of battle and gains +10% offence after each of his turns, stacking up to +100%. Additionally, he gains +20% defence any time he is attacked, stacking up to +200% and gains +5 speed for each Empire or Sith ally and +3 speed for each debuffed enemy.

Rebel and Jedi enemies deal -30% damage to Darth Vader and grant him 10% Turn Meter whenever they attack him. If an enemy lands a Critical Hit on Darth Vader, he gains Offence Up, Defence Up, Speed Up and Critical Chance Up for 1 turn.

Are you crazy? If he has that kit, it needs to cost 8 zetas. Multiple zetas for some of those abilities.
  • BrodieWan
    35 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Movies are awesome.

When did Jedi Luke ever own Vader? If I remember correctly Luke went and got captured and convinced Vader to turn on Palps through crying out father like a baby..

ROTJ Luke defeated Vader in combat and cut off his hand, then showed him mercy. So yes... Jedi Luke> Vader> Commander Luke.
  • WattoisSnoke
    244 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Drazz127 and Amarth, that was my original rework... my modified one was this...

Darth Vader

Terrifying Swing (Basic) Zeta'd

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Ability Block and Defence Down for 2 turns. Jedi and Rebels cannot resist these effects. If the enemy is suffering 2 or more Damage Over Time effects, stun for 1 turn and remove 100% turn meter.

Force Crush (Special) Zeta'd
    '4 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down, Health Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 rounds. Any enemy that resists these effects loses all buffs on them and 50% Turn Meter. For each enemy that resists, deal +20% damage, recover 5% health and reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1.

Culling Blade (Special) Zeta'd
    '4 Turn Cooldown'

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all status effects on them. This attack deals 50% more damage for each detrimental effect dispelled and Darth Vader recovers 10% health for each positive effect dispelled. Grants 100% Turn Meter and recovers 50% protection on a finishing blow. This attack can't be evaded.

Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offence, +50% Critical Damage, +15% Critical Chance and have a 70% chance to remove 25% Turn Meter on hit. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.

Darth Vader has +100% Defence, +30% Potency, +50% Tenacity and gains +5% Offence (stacking) for each enemy he applies detrimental status effects on. Darth Vader starts each encounter with 100% Turn Meter. If Darth Vader is stunned, he immediately cleanses himself of all negative status effects and gains 100% Turn Meter.

Rebel and Jedi enemies deal -25% damage to Darth Vader and grant him 30% Turn Meter whenever they attack him. If an enemy lands a Critical Hit on Darth Vader, he gains Offence Up, Speed Up and Critical Chance Up for 1 turn.

You could literally change it to all moves needing a Zeta to be fully realised. But yeah it's over the top lol but truthfully, he should be over the top! That and you'd need to invest A LOT to get him up to this kind of build. All good though, just playing around as it's not like this would actually happen :)
  • Options
    Give Vader 'Force Choke' and call it good. Make it remove 50% of the toons health and 100% of their turn meter.