Unfair nerf for poe

2Next

Replies

• Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    FOTP was hit a lot harder by nerfs. Pie is still viable though.

Pie will always be viable! :)
  • Options
    Aggropox wrote: »
    pay2win wrote: »
    FOTP was hit a lot harder by nerfs. Pie is still viable though.

Pie will always be viable! :)

I heart pie.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Turn meter reduction can be resisted now. Poe is trash. Just like when barris was nerfed, it will take a bit before he gets rotated out.
  • Options
    Well, now poes turn meter reduction can be resisted, how cool is that? Now he got his spd hp tenacity expose chance and turn meter reduction nerfed, uhuuuuuuuuuuuuu and let's not forget that all the spd changes and spd leader are a "automatic" nerf to him too. EA/CG did it, complete useless now. Barris treatment served.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Turn meter reduction can be resisted now

@Barrok

Since when?
  • Options
    Poe is a complete garbage toon now. Not just for Arena, but for anything in the game. His 'high risk/high reward' presumption has been turned into just 'high risk'. There is no reward.

Only reason he's still is a lot of groups is because people here tend to forget that it takes AT LEAST a month to get a toon to 7* without spending a TON of cash. It will be 1-3 months for the change to fully propogate as people now have to waste all that time they spent building Poe again to build another option.

Listen, I LOVE the precise speed change. In fact, that is how it should have always been. And, had it been like that there probably would have never even been any whining about Poe at all.

They need to roll back all the other nerfs they did to Poe (and boost him back to 143) and let the precision speed work it's magic. It's more than enough. Either that, or give him 30-50% more health pool. Right now he is a one shot for any high dps toon and a 80% health gone from mid range support toons. Two or less hits and he's dead regardless.

He's not a tank anymore and he can't dps. He lost his utility because the expose is half what it used to be and he takes even more damage now because every negative affect sticks so he's always being drawn down even by a low dps squad.

He is completely and utterly useless. Period. End of story. No more discussion necessary. If I could delete him and get all those shards back to put onto another character of my choice I would do it IN AN INSTANT. That tells you something.
  • Options
    Poe is a complete garbage toon now. Not just for Arena, but for anything in the game. His 'high risk/high reward' presumption has been turned into just 'high risk'. There is no reward.

Only reason he's still is a lot of groups is because people here tend to forget that it takes AT LEAST a month to get a toon to 7* without spending a TON of cash. It will be 1-3 months for the change to fully propogate as people now have to waste all that time they spent building Poe again to build another option.

Listen, I LOVE the precise speed change. In fact, that is how it should have always been. And, had it been like that there probably would have never even been any whining about Poe at all.

They need to roll back all the other nerfs they did to Poe (and boost him back to 143) and let the precision speed work it's magic. It's more than enough. Either that, or give him 30-50% more health pool. Right now he is a one shot for any high dps toon and a 80% health gone from mid range support toons. Two or less hits and he's dead regardless.

He's not a tank anymore and he can't dps. He lost his utility because the expose is half what it used to be and he takes even more damage now because every negative affect sticks so he's always being drawn down even by a low dps squad.

He is completely and utterly useless. Period. End of story. No more discussion necessary. If I could delete him and get all those shards back to put onto another character of my choice I would do it IN AN INSTANT. That tells you something.

If you could get your money back, they would not have anihilated it. They can destroy him because 1) they can 2) they have nothing to lose 3) they don't care if it affects you or how. They don't even need to comunicate.

I think CG is walking a fine line. There are very powerful SW fans that play this game and many are high income lawyers. Trade fraud applies to digital too.
  • Options
    Poe is absolutely worthless, I'd rather have a hoth rebel scout at this point than a completely neutered 7* Poe. The speed decrease was an insult, the ability to resist turn meter reduction was the icing on the cake. I hate this company, and I'll never spend any more money on SWGoH. I might as well start a new account after I wasted a whole month as semi f2p 7 starring a useless character.
  • Options

@Barrok

Since when?

Comment by one of the devs on the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/45i0bf/in_case_you_missed_it_character_abilities_that/
  • Options
    BatuKhan wrote: »

@Barrok

Since when?

Comment by one of the devs on the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/45i0bf/in_case_you_missed_it_character_abilities_that/

Copied and pasted from that comment section:
    by my count, the following are the changes that have reduced poe's utility--whether framed as bug fixes or balancing, all have had a distinct and noteworthy negative effect on him:

(1) speed leadership applied on first turn

(2) all speeds changed to reflect precise numerical scores, hurting any characters at the bottom of their tiers (e.g. poe) and helping characters at the top of their tiers (e.g. poggle)

(3) an actually reduced speed number by 1 point, which makes poe always go after rey, a character who is getting more common at the top of the arena

(4) reduced tenacity (-13%)

(5) reduced expose (-15%)

(6) reduced health (-444)

[He left out #7: resistible turn meter reduction.]
    i think there was also a reduction in strength and a slight increase to agility and health steal (+5%).
    the three speed changes mean poe will now go after 18 different characters if their correct speed leadership is in place.

weren't we told that all characters would get minor nerfs followed by monitoring? it doesn't help that the most significant changes were the ones that did not get communicated, but even putting that aside: is this the kind of massive nerf that people really wanted? wouldn't it have been sufficient to make some of the speed changes and leave his tenacity and/or health intact? or at least make the changes in piecemeal, and then monitor?
  • Options
    Won 1st place today (2nd time) with poe. Spent 20$ on the game. I think he is ok.
  • Options
    Now not only did poe got his hp spd tenacity expose chance nerfed, but also his turn meter reduction can be resisted, how great is that? Uhuuuuuuuuuuuuu now he is complete garbage. Barris treatment finished.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Poe is fine. He is not worse than Resistsnce Pilot or Han or Hoth Rebel Scout or msny others.

He has a place un the right team or vs the right opposition. What he is not, anymore, is the answer to everything. There was not a single team that did not improve when adding Poe. There was not a single enemy composition which weren't easier to fight if you ran Poe. Whenever someone asked "How can I improve my team" the answer was, always, "get Poe".

That's a clear hint of a problem.

Now he is still good. Just human instead of godlike.

This is a screenshot of yesterday. After patch.

2rna3af.png
  • Options
    Why do they nerf hard earned characters to the ground, I was fine with everything till now but turn meter resist Is too much and is not sitting well with me. This great game is starting to not be so great. May have to think about this.
  • BatuKhan
    36 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm winning with Poe, too, but I'm counting on the ridiculously dumb AI to have QGJ, GS and/or Rey target my Poggle or HK-47 instead of my IG-88 or IG-86. The counter to Poe makes droid teams not just beatable, but easy targets if you have the formerly first turn characters. On offense you'll be okay if RNG goes your way. I know I'll be targeting them when I get my QGJ up to snuff.
  • Options
    The changes will be gradual. The main reason people get so dug in on either side is amount of time and/or money it takes to level up these characters. My guess is that speed leaders (mostly Qui-Gon) will totally take over every top 10.
  • Options
    Won 1st place today for 2nd time. I added poe and i only have have the -20 turn meter and it is fine. Allows my team to go first and its downhill for other team from there. He dies of course but i win my arena with 4 su vivors....
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

Also please kindly post your top 5 in arena, thanks.

Dunno how and I'm not in top 5 only got top 50 once even with a broken Poe.

LOL

Everything you have to say on the matter is therefore 100% irrelevant. You can't even see the teams you're saying are losing Poe or losing with Poe.

5wYWKSp.jpg