Does DN fit under a CLS lead?

DN seems to be losing some steam with Luke leads now. Most of the damage is already done by the time DN can OHKO. Anyone else see similar patterns?

Replies

• Options
    Dn fits everywhere.
  • Options
    He does fit, but if you're using his drain power against a team of 5 countering rebels, I'd make sure he's invisible first for sure
  • Options
    I use him in my current squad - CLS/DN/Thrawn/R2/GK. Very useful.
  • Options
    I use him under CLS and he's ok. I'm going to swap him for Leia soon. Even with decent speed mods on him you need the dps to stand a chance with the other CLS teams
  • Options
    I mean for offense yeah he's a nice fit bc you can control him. But on defense, how are you holding up?
  • Options
    I'm not a big fan of him under CLS. The teams that are using him in that set up are easy on offense and don't beat me on offense. I've tried 20+ different combinations and have settled on 3 lineups:
    Cls, han, r2, thrawn and GK
    Cls, han, r2, old ben and Ezra, leia, thrawn
    Cls, han, r2, Ezra, thrawn
  • Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of him under CLS. The teams that are using him in that set up are easy on offense and don't beat me on offense. I've tried 20+ different combinations and have settled on 3 lineups:

Do you zeta Han? My guess is without a zeta, he isn't a stalwart in an arena squad.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Do you zeta Han? My guess is without a zeta, he isn't a stalwart in an arena squad.

Han is quite deadly even without the zeta, the zeta just makes him straight up terrifying.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't tried nihilus yet and probably won't. Truth be told, i'm glad i can finally bench him without hurting my team (that much, if at all).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Haven't tried nihilus yet and probably won't. Truth be told, i'm glad i can finally bench him without hurting my team (that much, if at all).

Yeah I've found Nihilus didn't work very well even in a team that does distribute a fair amount of debuffs (CLS, R2, Chaze, Nihilus). It's just more effective to have another Rebel. CLS, R2, Chaze, Leia is what I've settled on as I don't have GK. A guy on my shard is running CLS, R2, Han, Leia and GK and it's quite scary. I'm not looking forward to him putting that zeta on Han...
  • Options

Yes, zeta han, double zeta r2 and zeta Thrawn.

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    DN is a liability in a CLS team imo. He shines more in longer battles, and the whole purpose of CLS teams is to end the battle faster. Plus DN has an AOE which he will surely use and get himself killed.

zHan, Leia, or Ezra (in that order) would all be better replacements for DN.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Han is quite deadly even without the zeta, the zeta just makes him straight up terrifying.

I hope so .. because I slapped on my gear to get him to XI. He's my next zeta, but my poor zeta-less Han gets smoked in arena now lol (and yeah, he hits like a bomb, it's just he's quite squishy with my current CD/CC set)
  • Options
    And with a Luke lead, there's already a ton of damage being tossed around. And I don't know if a DN OHKO is worth it
  • Options
    And with a Luke lead, there's already a ton of damage being tossed around. And I don't know if a DN OHKO is worth it

True he can be a liability using his aoe. However using his aoe while under r2 in is is worth it
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Han Solo is super strong against Rex teams now! Its not really CLS im afraid of... Zeta HS on the other hand :#
  • Options
    HanZ is a beast. I can take Thrawn down to half health left just with his opener. He's finally a worthy incarnation of Han Solo.
  • Options

True he can be a liability using his aoe. However using his aoe while under r2 in is is worth it

On offense that's easy. On defense? Ehh that's tougher. Especially with mass dispel characters
  • Options
    Nihilus is pretty decent once you zeta both DN unique and Luke lead. Since he tries to apply health down at the start of every enemy turn, it means every time an enemy goes and his health down is resisted, that's 5% turn meter to all rebels under CLS lead.
  • Options
    Nihilus is pretty decent once you zeta both DN unique and Luke lead. Since he tries to apply health down at the start of every enemy turn, it means every time an enemy goes and his health down is resisted, that's 5% turn meter to all rebels under CLS lead.

-this
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I'm using him for now, but not for long. He is dead or the battle is over before he gets to annihilate. I have to wait until he's stealthed to attempt a drain because of the counterattacks, but by then, the enemy's tenacity is up and it fails. Annihilate just doesn't cool down fast enough anymore.

CLS turned out to be the thing that pushed Nihilus away from the spotlight.
  • Options
    DN fits because they don't care if a black hole of darkside energy who devoured planets filled of life can get hots from chirrut.
  • Options
    The fact that DN can benefit a rebel team is proof that faction tags are just there for cosmetics.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    You could run nightsisters with CLS lead, would still work ... All you need is CLS and 4 placeholder
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    I fought a Luke (l) R2 Chaze Nihilus team once in GWs, it was working but you'll get one issue on defense - R2 will use the smoke screen on Nihilus once Baze is dead, at least that's what he did since Nihilus is tanky as hell.

And tbh you don't want your nihilus to die first. ^ ^
  • Options
    The fact that DN can benefit a rebel team is proof that faction tags are just there for cosmetics.

It only means some toons are so overpowered they can fit anywhere since they don't care about synergy nor leader skills anymore. Thrawn, GK, Luke, Nihilus, Chaze and R2 already are living proofs and quite funnily power creep is even worse now cause the last OP toon (Luke) can take the lead.