Mods

How do you(the developers) justify pawning off level 3 mods on tier 3 challenges. After all the time and money spent to build a squad to 3* the top tier, I feel like it's a slap in the face every time I get one. If I wanted a level 3 mod I would do the tier 1 challenge. It's bad enough that good mods are a rare occasion as it is. Then when you do get one with a speed secondary less than a quarter of the time does it roll into anything worthwhile. Being p2p, I expect a little better return.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well that can't be true. You obviously need those mods. The update that was released to add those 3* mods to the tier 3 challenge was to
    ... reduce how many insignificant Mods you can receive and will ideally let you focus on getting the Mods you need with the substats that are important to the characters you’re upgrading.

At least that's what was said before the update came eout

Source: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/54319/mod-update-and-stuck-in-a-mod-tutorial-a-really-mega-thread-dude
  • Options
    Who is going to use a level 3 mod if they're serious about building a strong squad?
  • Options
    5FDP10101 wrote: »
    Being p2p, I expect a little better return.

Then stop the challenges and start paying for mods in the store. I've gotten a load of garbage from the challenges, I've also gotten 11 speed arrows from the challenges.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    bumped over to the correct sub forum for better dev visibility.
  • Options
    You just don't get it
  • Options
    Really would like to know why getting mods with with quality speed secondaries has to be so difficult. Other than profit. Maybe one out of a hundred, probably more like two hundred.
  • Options
    Farm and farm and farm mods finally get a purple with a speed secondary. Doesn't roll once. Thanks EA. I wonder why I still play this game.
  • Options
    I can't be the only one out here completely frustrated with the situation. Please make your feelings known.
  • PinkFloydTheBarber
    74 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • Options
    Even better, a gold mod, 4 chances to improve speed secondary, nope,not once. Certainly not the first time. It's pitiful that we keep supporting this.
  • Fave
    96 posts Member
    Options
    I'll try to give a calmer voice here. I'm not happy either. I just spent $150-200 for 1 decent mod.
    I had 4-5 gold mods not upgrade secondary speed once. Out of 6 gold mods and a few purple one, I had 2-3 upgrades out of a possible 25 or so. Finally a got a +15 triangle. 2 upgrades on a gold mod.
    I would have been happy if that mod turned into +20-25, for that amount of money, but +15 isn't worth it.
  • Fave
    96 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not done with the game. But I'm done buying any mod pack or refreshing cantina for mod farming.
  • Options
    So Fave, if you happen back this way, what do you propose? You know the junk that comes out, and I'm way short on quality mods. I really don't want to have to start the mod swapping game, unless they start having credit heists more often. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if you were at a point were all your toons were done, but that really never happens with this game.
  • Options
    Well EA, you did it. The near impossibility of getting quality mods and not being able to strengthen toons in the desired manor has taken away the fun this game use to have. I quit my guild and you will never get another penny from me. You can keep adding stuff on and make people farm toons that are good for nothing but one event, but not me I'm done. I hope other people will come to the same realization.
  • Options
    Mods are horribly unbalanced and need to be addressed at some point.

There should be more ways to mod than just speed.
  • Options
    I sell them for credits which at least we can still do that. What really irritates me is when it's a yellow mod with speed but 3*s
  • Options
    I don't mind that it's not easy, but it shouldn't be that hard
  • Options
    I sell them for credits which at least we can still do that. What really irritates me is when it's a yellow mod with speed but 3*s

That's still potentially useful though. I have a 3* diamond mod with a +12 speed secondary on a speed set. I don't use it on an arena character but it's better than most of my 5* speed diamonds and I'm glad it dropped, I much prefer it to a 5* diamond mod with no useful secondaries.