Let's discuss mods

Hi all,

Probably the only thing the whole SWGOH community aggres upon is that mods are frustrating.

Getting a potentially useful one is uncommon, having key secondary stats and right rolls to match is very rare, managing it through your roster is painful.

I personally have all the toons at max level, all equipped with max level mods, most at g11. The only way to improve my teams is to get better mods, which I am not able to obtain at a satisfying level so far. Buying mods from the store, the packs or doing 5 refreshes per day doesn't solve the problem. Sounds whaleish I know but it affects all of us. None of the current mod acquisition methods are fruitful or dependable or worthy enough to spend resources on.

So here are some suggestions for mods farming:

Mod Store
- remove the 1-3 dots mods according to your level or to your mod challenge completion.
- Mods offered in the store could be at max level with all secondaries rolled. This will be a slap to the face of RNG :-) and the store will be a place where we all continously check, refresh, and save/buy resources for purchases.

Mod Packs
- Remove 4 dots mods or remove green quality mods and adjust the price accordingly. Doing both would make the packs very desirable. I bought about 30 of the new ones so far and I am not very happy with the results.

Mod Challenges
- the 100% drop rate was a great change/rollback. My experience says 3/4 dots mod drop rates are much lower than 5 dots mod drop rates, so removing 3/4 dots mods from the table wouldn't change much. One more rollback maybe?

Moving to the second part, the mods themselves and their management.

It is commonly suggested in this forum that we need a "remove all mods" button, save mod sets, filter different mod primaries/secondaries for different values. Any of these will be a massive improvement.

Personally I think we need at least one more primary option on transmitters (square), and processors (diamond). There could be some good options to offer as new primaries too. Just some suggestions below;
Transmitters; Offense% / Health% / Accuracy%
Processors; Defense% / Potency% / Healthsteal%

About primary and secondary stats, we all know speed is too important and too dominating, and both defense stats are neglected totally by most of us. Some adjustments can be considered for defense on mods. G12 will increase the base protection, so protection on mods will probably be more important than health. Therefore Health stats on mods may need some improvements as well.

Finally some suggestions to improve the already acquired mods:
1. quality up - once per mod, to be used on base green, blue and purple mods. You gain one additional random (or not) roll on secondaries, thus upgrading the mod to a higher base tier.
2. tier up - to upgrade the dot level of the mods. Can be used once per mode or can be used more than once till upgrading the mod to 5 dots. Primary and secondary stats on mods will improve to new mod levels standards. One day 6 dots mods will return and we will all be asking for this. :-)
3. amend - reroll for a new primary stat or change it to a more desirable one. Can be used for secondaries as well with some tweaks, like making the mod level 1 after secondary stat change.

Hard to earn tokens may be asked to make those changes, progress may be slow, but letting us to improve already acquired mods will be amazing.

Most of the remarks posted above are not original and have been discussed to some extent on those forums but mods are still frustrating :-) frustrating enough to make me create my first discussions on this forums, after almost 2 years of lurking.

Please add to the discussion. Would love to hear from the devs on the matter.

Thank you for reading!
Aramil
Order66 41st Division

Replies

• Options
    Moved to Feedback/Gear & UI (mods = some type of equippable gear).
  • Options
    Very nice post and very good ideas for making mods better. I hope developers will think of it. Personally i have the same problem. I farm mods every day and I'm looking for purple ones (chances are low) , with speed secondary (medium chances), which will get at least 2 upgrades on speed ( chances are very low again). So the chance all of these to happen is near zero.
  • Options
    I have to a agree on that well written post. If I would have to point just one thing out that is bothering me daily, it would be mods. Here lies the biggest QoL improvement at the moment. Removing one set of mods from a toon is 20 "clicks", adding it to another toon is an additional 20 "clicks" excluding the search effort

We have Arena, GW, Rancor, AAT raids, Assault Battles and Marquee Events, where we need to equip certain toons with the right mods. I fear with Territory Battles coming soon it will even require more different setups. With the current way of getting new mods (heavy heavy RNG) it is even for whales difficult to have 2-3 dozens of good mod sets that can stay on a toon (which you probably don't want, as in the end I think charging credit for moving mods is part of your legitimate "how to deplete resources from players" strategy).

I and probably other people would also try much more in terms of team variations if we could switch mods easier or save current combinations. Just a "remove all mods from a toon" or a "switch mods with another ton" button would be a big help.

When Mods where released with the tag of being new, spending a lot for mod battles or using crystals in the mod store was somehow ok, but for now I just look if there is a promising mod (5*, secondary speed) in the mod store for credits and that is it. 3000+ crystals for some lottery on a secondary roll is just something I don't consider anymore. Better buy gear, there I know what I get. Aramil made a few decent suggestions and I hope we can see some changes in the future.

But maybe you already have the plans for those changes saved somewhere. When Mods got changed from the initial version to the current version, there was this post from CG_NotReallyAJedi before the change got implemented.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/54316/update-on-mods-and-a-note-about-getting-stuck-in-the-mod-tutorial

One quote out of it:
    The first update, which should go out today, will be the first of two changes related to the Mods system. While today’s update won’t directly affect Mods themselves, it will reduce how many insignificant Mods you can receive and will ideally let you focus on getting the Mods you need with the substats that are important to the characters you’re upgrading.

That unfortunately never happened, so why not pull this out of your sleeve finally? :)
  • Options
    Couple simple things that would help:

Going into a seperate interface to sell is WAAAAY to clumsy. I would suggest allowing you to long press on a mod anywhere(equiped, in mailbox, etc) and sell it(with confirm box). The destroy button should just be replaced with sell. That's just silly.

Long term I think some sort of mod consme is answer:

Basicly, you feed a mod to another mod and this allows you to customize your mods. Like:

Basicly, each secondary has a max possibel value and feeding mods with matching secondaries adds some perentage.

If say, Defence has a max value of 30(I just picked something), then consuming a mod with a Defence value of 10 to one with a defence value of 20 makes it 20.5 or something(fractions don't count, but are tracked)).

unmatching ones go into some pool that can be used to level a secondary(lower conversion rate of course)

This way, you would slowly build your mods toward so eventual max and "finish" a mod. This would even out the rng a bit also.

This way you could slowly build mods you want.

iN Spectre