Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Wow, this is big. I figured it would be, practically a game in itself.
    From the phrasing, it sounds like this round will be light side heavy (it is Hoth after all), and then we'll probably get a dark side equivalent in a little while. Sounds good to me.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I hope that an event that takes three days of focused organization, coordination, and large scale participation is not available on a weekly basis.
  • Options
    I really appreciate everything about this new TB update I would however strongly encourage moving this to a 24 hour even window. If at all possible.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    12 hours per phase is really too short of a time window for people to "coordinate" properly.

24 hours seem to be better. Especially, after the first few runs of this event, people are going to get so burnt out.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    12 hours per phase is really too short of a time window for people to "coordinate" properly.

24 hours seem to be better. Especially, after the first few runs of this event, people are going to get so burnt out.

I agree. It's going to be a pain to schedule my game time with work while being able to talk to my guild on what I have...
  • Options
    Can beginner player in beginner guild do this TB? I'm out for a moment of my primary guild tutoring bunch of whales in their new guild. They are wondering about this, because they want to feel it.

And another question (from them): how much do we need to invest so that we can run this TB and run it smoothly?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Lobed the info, thanks!

But, why Vader, Veers and Snowtrooper do not have any bonuses there? They made the rebel scum run away.

#empiredidnothingwrong

Yeah I wanted to use my zetaed Veers and SnT and crush the Rebels

Wait for the Battle for Endor, then you will have your revenge with Empire!
  • Black69
    27 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I love the new content coming!!! However, the time factor is going to cause issues in a lot of guilds. Most guilds have members in all different time zones and work schedules. EA please rethink how TB is launched.... I truly want this to be a fun experience not a chore!
  • Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new content, sounds like fun but I have one major concern: the times. We are a guild that has always prided itself on having members from all over the world, but we are mostly a happy mix of US and UK players. I'm worried about the start times and the time limit being only 12 hours. Could you please consider expanding the time limit to 18, 20 or even 24 hours? That would go a long ways in alleviating these fears and making the event a bit more "reasonable". For example, as it is explained right now, for me, the event would run from 10pm until 10am. FAR from ideal. Can you PLEASE consider doing something about this? Please, please, please...
    t

The 12h time limit will be killing for international guilds (like ours). A 24h time limit will be so much easier to manage. Please consider this :)

Create new guild

That doesn't solve the problem. We have an international guild, and everyone who has to work wants to play in the evening. If we move the time zone, I will be pleased, but others will be scr*we'd.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Don't want to quote specific posts on a mobile device, but need to say this.

Battle on Hoth was a glorious victory for Empire, how silly of me to think that Empire toons would be useful here, e.g. Veers and Snowtrooper.

What makes everyone think the Dark Side have their glory days some day in the future? They are the villains. Hop off that bandwagon and start working on the good guys.

Absolutely ridiculous.. my first four zeta's went to DS, after that not a single one has gone that way, that's probably going to be the trend.

Out of curiosity, where did the idea of Veers and Snowtrooper having bonuses in TB come from as I wasn't able to find the originating post? The search function is a little bit painful.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Very concerned about this time constraint. I'll give it a bit after it comes out, but I play in the morning. Early am is no problem but evening will be a no go for me. That's wife time.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Too many respondents to reply to just one. Consider the points on the 12 hour window well made and heard. Will investigate with the team.

Thank you - that's all that can be asked, but I urge the CG team to make it 24hrs! :)

I am excited about the new content though - so I think you're going the right way, just make sure you deploy it more carefully :)
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    I sure hope they rethink this to a 24 hour 6 day event instead.

For my guild we do rotating schedules for the rancor to allow players to participate with a 24hour 0 damage rule.
    For the haat currently last about 5 hours. During those 5 hours most of our members are able to play. Most of our guild mates have time to play in the evening/night for an extended period of time. During the rest of the day is busy with life stuff.

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_Carrie
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand this:
    pulnf5na4jz8.png

How can the round be over, when there are still surviving units on both sides? Does this indicate that there's a timer and when it runs out it calculates your earned territory points?
  • Options
    Phelynor wrote: »
    I think 12 hour time periods is and was a great idea because no matter where in the world you live, no one i know sleeps 12 hours and therefore will be able to participate twice daily. If you sleep 8 hours, then you might be restricted to 4 hours to play for that particular phase. This is a far cry from the flash events where you have to check each hour.

I say well done with the 12 hour time periods!

You're not thinking of the big picture, aka WORK! Yes, some people work for a living. 99% of the P2P players work during those 6am-6pm hours. And work involves waking up, getting ready, driving, working, coming home, etc.

Actually you're not. People have different odds time working. 12 hrs is sufficient. You assume people have a 9-5 job, but everyone have a different work schedules.

Plus, TB might take like a few mins to finished for each players...guess you haven't considered that in your "bigger picture"...
  • Gazza1988
    131 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I knew people would moan. Did you honestly think that they'd release a new mode that we could smash straight away?

Look at the aat. Around 85% of guilds (completely accurate made up fact) couldn't beat heroic easily and most of the guilds that could limped over the line initially. Territory battles aren't going to be an overnight thing.

As we know empire wins this day so maybe the last phase will be empire/darkside only. A quote from the post "MOST COMMONLY they require Light Side Characters or Rebel Characters" the bit in caps says to me that you will mainly need LS/rebels but others will be needed as well.

If such a high amount of toons are needed at a decent gear level then something needs to be done with gear. Maybe increase the carbanti drop so it's not a default of 3 would help. Also another idea is for a "double crystal" event where for x amount if time tight gain double crystals for arena/GW/dailies to help people purchase the gear.

Something needs to be done the amount of stun guns and cuffs needed by toons is huge. You gotta at least find a way for us to break through the latest gear wall especially when we need so many toons to be high geared.
    Post edited by Gazza1988 on
  • Options
    The 12 hr part is going to be a dealbreaker for many people ... how would anyone working still have time for this and raids?
  • Options
    Aeriston wrote: »
    Aeriston wrote: »
    Any chance we can get how to launch the event? If its tokens how much? Or if its not how often you can launch it?

They said it's a 3 day event, so presumably it'll launch at set times like other events. Since they're resetting the leaderboard monthly I'm guessing it'll run at least once a month, possibly twice.

It's how you get gear 12 and character shards. You really think its once a month? Or twice? How would you like to only Run ATT raid twice a month? Good luck getting Kenobi.

Seeing as you've no idea what quantity of rewards we'll get from a 3 day event, it's possible you're jumping the gun there. I'm in an all heroic guild in the top 100 that does 5 or 6 raids a week, I also have children and a job, I don't want to be doing a 3 day, 12 hour a day event any more than twice a month and early feedback from guildmembers is the same.

You don't need to play 12 hrs, it's just a window for guild members to get their battles in. If the battles are 6 stages they'll most like take 5 mins, 10 tops... even if the are several each member need try to complete during each 12 phase it should take no more than 25 or 30 mins total... I doubt longer & assuming less. And there are always more casual guilds you could join. No toon will be game breaking, even Luke already has counters. This is another guild shuffle period, ppl have said the same before... it kills guilds... but it doesn't, it might shuffle some but most will be fine. Most of us wanted this type of event, something where guild members actually work together towards a common goal. I understand not having as much time as others to play, you're just gonna have to take a more casual approach to this if you lack the time required. Won't end your fun... time is the great equalizer and ftp/casual players will catch back up down the road. But of course those who play more should have some advantage, just as those who pay more should, both keep the severs running for the ftp or more casual gamer. You'll see, this is a game changer, but it's definitely a good thing.
  • Options
    plindboe wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand this:
    pulnf5na4jz8.png

How can the round be over, when there are still surviving units on both sides? Does this indicate that there's a timer and when it runs out it calculates your earned territory points?

Just a guess, I took it as there was a timer and points were awarded based on progress.
  • Options
    Not sure I have a complete grasp on the mechanisms yet...

If I understand correctly, you start deploying toons on one territory in phase one and you can do the combat, platoon and special missions associated to this territory building combat squads from the units you deployed, right?

Then you unlock territory 2 which seems to be made of two maps. There you have to make your first coordinated guild choice. Will we deploy on a single map or on both. Which mean I'll be restricted in my combat squads to the units deployed in each maps. Is this correct?

From there, another coordinated guild choice as up to three maps open up in phase 3...

That seems fun. I have my doubts regarding the 12 hours limits, mainly because many have kids or work in my guild and most activity is done in the evening. I could live with a 24 hour limit and a reset at 10 pm so people can play in early evening and late evening. Or, better, let people choose when the event starts, let me start it at 10am so people in the guild can play around a 10pm reset daily.
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to the new content - and this should be exciting.

Clearly a lot of speculation still - and if a phase is only 5-10mins then I suppose it isn't too bad, but I would still rather have a bit longer - 6am-6pm is right on for a work day for me and a lot of people in our guild - you then have to take into account our US friends playing in our guild. I guess we could do it on the train (if we use the train and don't drive) on the way in, but we don't always have 4g on the route, and lots of tunnels! Then the underground to deal with too.

If it's not going to be a full on 12hr then I guess it is okay, but regardless it is a short time window to please everyone.

Our guild is now a group of friends, even going for a beer with some of them. So we want to have fun - but not at the detriment of family time, work, etc... a 24hr period will just allow a little more flexibility for those of us with kids, jobs, and different time zones to contend with.

"starting a new guild" is not the answer, we all want to stay where we are - we're friends, and we're happy with how everything is working as far as a guild.

Now, I'm all for change, and this is exciting, but we just need clearer information to avoid this speculation, reactionary outbursts which will happen.

The teasers are at least getting everyone going which is great - but I think we just need a little reassurance from CG.
  • Options
    Geonosis Battles is next.
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    Don't want to quote specific posts on a mobile device, but need to say this.

Battle on Hoth was a glorious victory for Empire, how silly of me to think that Empire toons would be useful here, e.g. Veers and Snowtrooper.

Maybe Territory Battles is less about a victory but preparing the escape of rebells which we all know workeed well despite the circumstances.
    Naw wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, where did the idea of Veers and Snowtrooper having bonuses in TB come from as I wasn't able to find the originating post? The search function is a little bit painful.

Afaik from a podcast with the devs where one of the moderators said that those toons could be useful, but CG never confirmed that.
  • Options
    I think 12 hours is better than 24 hours for an international guild for any guild that would finish a phase in less than 12 hours. Otherwise it is always going to be finished by the time the other side of the world get up.
  • Options
    Geonosis Battles is next.

With a special bonus for Clones and Light Side. ;)
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Options
    I wonder if this again with HAAT is the advent of the super guilds (to start) to see if all of the missions can be 3* and maximum rewards obtained.
  • Options
    Oh would you look at that, Flash Events all over again. People complaining left and right that they can't find a couple of minutes in a 12 hour window.
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Oh would you look at that, Flash Events all over again. People complaining left and right that they can't find a couple of minutes in a 12 hour window.

Depends on how big the time investment during that window needs to be.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!